The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Anyone here been using Capture One for the sony? I been trying it the past 2 days.. It not bad really

I jumped ship from Lightroom back when it ran horribly on any hardware, I prefer Capture one over Lightroom although the price increases are making it hard to like these days especially as you'll need to buy a new version if you get a camera newer than your current version.

Yeah but it's not stopped me getting a Fuji :eek: lol

Riz,

Why?

Why not mount a 35mm f2.8 on the A9 and be happy :D

That's what I'd do. I know the Fuji is smaller but only by the EVF hump, it is thinner and maybe lighter (?) but for me it'd still need to go in a bag so I don't really see any great advantage size wise. Is it the retro vibe and Fuji filter effects that attract you?

Thanks, it's the Contemporary (Canon mount via MC-11)
Even more impressive then. What's the AF speed and acquisition like using the adapter with that lens?

Even more impressive then. What's the AF speed and acquisition like using the adapter with that lens?

Takes a while if going from minimum to long range focus, but I assume most 600mm lenses do. Otherwise it works well and very capable (for a 6.3 super zoom)

Riz,

Why?

Why not mount a 35mm f2.8 on the A9 and be happy :D

That's what I'd do. I know the Fuji is smaller but only by the EVF hump, it is thinner and maybe lighter (?) but for me it'd still need to go in a bag so I don't really see any great advantage size wise. Is it the retro vibe and Fuji filter effects that attract you?

Fuji Acros JPEGs are so nice. Fuji is brilliant for street stuff as well.

That shot has REALLY impressed. I skimmed and assumed it was the 200-600. That Sigma looks very good.

I don't doubt the 200-600 would fair better tracking a fast moving subject, but yeah decent lens and very pleased with the photo above.

Just buy one!! Youre just messing about.
Lol, no intention of buying anything at the mo. Just learning for future reference in case I am ever truly tempted (y)

Just a bit of fun, Mrs WW on the exercise bike and of course fiddling with a mobile. Whole picture and a crop :D

A7 and Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 at f1.4.

esyR2GM.jpg

JDvjyYq.jpg

That shot has REALLY impressed. I skimmed and assumed it was the 200-600. That Sigma looks very good.
Me too, very impressed by that photo. I'm always tempted to buy a 150-600 but that then would make 3 that I've bought in the past 4 years :eek:.
Apparently the firmware upgrade last year to the mc-11 made all the difference to AF on non - canon bodies.

Me too, very impressed by that photo. I'm always tempted to buy a 150-600 but that then would make 3 that I've bought in the past 4 years :eek:.
Apparently the firmware upgrade last year to the mc-11 made all the difference to AF on non - canon bodies.

Ha ha, thats exactly what I am like with 70200 2.8.

Firstly I want to note that the shot as its VERY impressive both photographically and also objectively sharpness wise.
So as for the former I don't wish to take anything away from the shot.

As for the latter point i.e. sharpness it seems that bird has been shot at closer focus distance. A lot of telephoto lenses even my dog old canon EF 100-300mm can get nearly as sharp at close focus distances. Put the subject further away and put the same lens on a slightly higher MP body and things don't look so good any more.
That is not to say the sigma 150-600mm isn't a good lens overall (I wouldn't know really as I haven't owned one). Might be a great lens but just saying the real test for telephotos come at longer focus distances. Of course there are other things like heat etc than ruin sharpness too at long distance but that would affect all lenses equally.

Firstly I want to note that the shot as its VERY impressive both photographically and also objectively sharpness wise.
So as for the former I don't wish to take anything away from the shot.

As for the latter point i.e. sharpness it seems that bird has been shot at closer focus distance. A lot of telephoto lenses even my dog old canon EF 100-300mm can get nearly as sharp at close focus distances. Put the subject further away and put the same lens on a slightly higher MP body and things don't look so good any more.
That is not to say the sigma 150-600mm isn't a good lens overall (I wouldn't know really as I haven't owned one). Might be a great lens but just saying the real test for telephotos come at longer focus distances. Of course there are other things like heat etc than ruin sharpness too at long distance but that would affect all lenses equally.

This is correct, all 'superzooms' do their best when shooting at the long end with a close subject that fills the frame.

Omg those images are fab. If canon men’s works that well might try. But I am more tempted get the 200-600

Not tried it but why?
Why do you feel it will be different to the normal 1/8000s maximum

That's not why I'm asking, I forgot to mention you'll need to have a trigger attached to the hotshoe but under those conditions the A7R3 seems to be stuck at a max speed of 1/13 with Pixelshift enabled, I haven't found a setting to change this behaviour.

I'm wondering if the A7R4 acts any different.

When it out. If it perform anything like the 28-75 it be brilliant

Yeah, the other two zooms appear to be very well rated so fingers crossed. There's been a few occasions lately where I would have liked longer than 85mm - trouble is, it's not that often so going to need some thinking & working things out.

That's not why I'm asking, I forgot to mention you'll need to have a trigger attached to the hotshoe but under those conditions the A7R3 seems to be stuck at a max speed of 1/13 with Pixelshift enabled, I haven't found a setting to change this behaviour.

I'm wondering if the A7R4 acts any different.

sorry haven't got a trigger to attach to the hotshoe try it out.

Back