The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Well crap weather hope the A9 doesn’t get a glass cabinet just like riz lol

Well crap weather hope the A9 doesn’t get a glass cabinet just like riz lol

Lol :D no cabinet here..... just a locked case & drawer. ;)
I have some GM lenses here with your name written all over them :p

The Voigtlander 50mm f2 has started shipping and I sort of regret not preordering one. I'll think about it.

Not a close up for a change....

49201302816_cacf84a273_b.jpg

Is it really banding if had none

Last edited:

All mirrorless cameras have banding the A9 and A9II have less than any others and it's pretty rare. I haven't come across any on the A9 yet even in shooting in lots of venues with lots of leds because of the time of the year.

On the A9 anyway if you get banding you just need to change the shutter speed to 1/100 and it will magically disappear 99.9% of the time.

Last edited:
All mirrorless cameras have banding the A9 and A9II have less than any others and it's pretty rare.

On the A9 anyway if you get banding you just need to change the shutter speed to 1/100 and it will magically disappear 99.9% of the time.
It's not a mirrorless thing, but an electronic shutter thing (we're not talking the banding due to AF points on the sensor). Changing the shutter speed doesn't alter it as it's down to the scan time of electronic shutter which is why you can get rid of it using mechanical as you can just change the shutter speed.
Banding doesnt just effect electronic shutter, FYI it also happens with DSLR and mechanical shutter.
True, but electronic are more prone, and if you do get it there's little you can do about it due to the reason above. For what it's worth if you watch the video he shows how he didn't get it using Canon and Nikon DSLRs.

I'm not bagging on the A9 here, and I know it's far from a major issue but I was just showing Andy being as he was enquiring (y)

It's not a mirrorless thing, but an electronic shutter thing (we're not talking the banding due to AF points on the sensor). Changing the shutter speed doesn't alter it as it's down to the scan time of electronic shutter which is why you can get rid of it using mechanical as you can just change the shutter speed.
True, but electronic are more prone, and if you do get it there's little you can do about it due to the reason above. For what it's worth if you watch the video he shows how he didn't get it using Canon and Nikon DSLRs.

I'm not bagging on the A9 here, and I know it's far from a major issue but I was just showing Andy being as he was enquiring (y)

Are they though, my 6d was a pig for banding in my old livingroom which had energy savers, not even LED. Dont even notice it in my LED only new home with the A9.

Are they though, my 6d was a pig for banding in my old livingroom which had energy savers, not even LED. Dont even notice it in my LED only new home with the A9.
I can only go on what I've read and watched (which has been a fair amount tbf) but there's never been anything to contradict what I posted. I've never seen that kind of banding on DSLR tbh, the only thing I've seen (on others' photos) is the WB banding from fluorescents. YMMV (y)

I have finally decided to buy the Tamron 17-28, for the price and quality I cannot justify spending all the money the Sony GM costs.
The cheapest place I have seen it is SRS Microsystems for £719, is this a reputable place? All other shops have it at £799 hence my question.

I have finally decided to buy the Tamron 17-28, for the price and quality I cannot justify spending all the money the Sony GM costs.
The cheapest place I have seen it is SRS Microsystems for £719, is this a reputable place? All other shops have it at £799 hence my question.

Used them a few times and they've been good.

Thanks @T_J_G
I assume, them being a shop, this is not a grey?

I'm 99% sure they're not grey. If they have them on eBay and you're not in a rush may be worth waiting for a 10% off voucher site-wide or electronics. Although they may put the price up in that time.

From their eBay listing:

We are a British company, paying British taxes, supporting the British economy and the High Street.
WE ONLY SELL UK SOURCED PRODUCTS - NO GREY IMPORTS HERE!!

Last edited:
I'm 99% sure they're not grey. If they have them on eBay and you're not in a rush may be worth waiting for a 10% off voucher site-wide or electronics. Although they may put the price up in that time.

From their eBay listing:

We are a British company, paying British taxes, supporting the British economy and the High Street.
WE ONLY SELL UK SOURCED PRODUCTS - NO GREY IMPORTS HERE!!

That's great. Thanks.
The offer ends.on the 14th and price will go back up.

They’re a high street shop in Watford. I’ve been to their shop a couple of times when they have had some good prices. I went once to get some sensor clean kit and they advised and sold me kit that actually cost less than I originally planning to purchase. As far as I’m aware they are UK stock.

Last edited:
They’re a high street shop in Watford. I’ve been to their shop a couple of times when they have had some good prices. I went once to get some sensor clean kit and they advised and sold me kit that actually cost less than I originally planning to purchase. As far as I’m aware they are UK stock.

UK main agent for most of the manufacturers, with the exception of Fuji. Certainly not grey!

My battery charger died. It was only a cheap one off evil bay and I suppose I've had my moneys worth as I've had pretty much since day one with the A7. I've ordered a double one and I think you get two batteries with it too and all for £18.99.

Just a couple of pictures to send to Mrs WW family, unboxing and getting ready and then decorating the tree.

Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 at f2.8 and the 55mm f1.8 at f2.8.

PolAfo5.jpg

HudBAZ0.jpg

Last edited:
UK main agent for most of the manufacturers, with the exception of Fuji. Certainly not grey!

Great, thank you!

Was taken not long ago as the pub started the fire and it taken out of our bedroom window... It is a very heavy crop as all i have is a 28-75 tamron apart from the 85mm..

DSC01362.jpg
by Andrew Rookes, on Flickr

Don't forget to vote guys

Who are these "Guys" and why should I vote for them? Are there any "Gals" to vote for?

I'm going later. I'm going to vote tactically. I hate it but, there you go. We seem to live in interesting times and maybe they're about to get even more interesting. I'm not angry any more, I'm more just disappointed and depressed that this is what it's come to, in the UK.

Who are these "Guys" and why should I vote for them? Are there any "Gals" to vote for?

I'm going later. I'm going to vote tactically. I hate it but, there you go. We seem to live in interesting times and maybe they're about to get even more interesting. I'm not angry any more, I'm more just disappointed and depressed that this is what it's come to, in the UK.
Yea there are girls to vote for actually lol

Back