The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Is there a way to customise the zoom in/out during playback/image review? I'm so used to Nikon's way that I'd like to set it like that if possible. With Nikon you press the centre button to view 1:1 and then press the same button again to view normal size, but with the Sony you press the AFON button to view 1:1 but if you press the AFON button again it doesn't go back to normal view but instead zooms further. Is there a way that you can set the AFON to toggle normal view > 1:1> normal view?

Is there a way to customise the zoom in/out during playback/image review? I'm so used to Nikon's way that I'd like to set it like that if possible. With Nikon you press the centre button to view 1:1 and then press the same button again to view normal size, but with the Sony you press the AFON button to view 1:1 but if you press the AFON button again it doesn't go back to normal view but instead zooms further. Is there a way that you can set the AFON to toggle normal view > 1:1> normal view?

I just use the wheel to zoom in and out.

I just use the wheel to zoom in and out.
Yeah I an do that, but I'm used to flicking to 1:1 to check focus and then pressing the same button to come out of 1:1. At the moment I have to press Fn (I've set this to zoom the same as AFON) to go to 1:1 and then have to go back to the play button to go back to normal view. It's no biggie but my 'muscle memory' is not set up for that yet, plus I'd prefer to use the same button to toggle otherwise it's extra thumb movement and I'm lazy :LOL:

I'm not completely sure if this is what you mean but on the A9 I press the review button to see the whole image and review settings, press the AF-ON button to see the zoomed image and then press the review button again to zoom out.

I'm not completely sure if this is what you mean but on the A9 I press the review button to see the whole image and review settings, press the AF-ON button to see the zoomed image and then press the review button again to zoom out.
Yeah that's what I was getting at, you need two buttons to zoom and then zoom back out. Not to worry, just need to get used to it. I've actually discovered that you can use the centre button to zoom back out to normal view so I use Fn to zoom in and then centre to zoom out, much better now (y)

Seen a used A7r III at my local shop for £1650 - under 4k shots - anyone seen better than that ?

Other than grey obviously ?

Which 3rd party flash shall I get pls

Which 3rd party flash shall I get pls
I’ve just ordered the Godox TT685 (and wireless trigger), will let you know what it’s like when it arrives.

Bet I’ve used mine than you did your with Sony kit
Had a look back, taken a total of 10,831 photos on my Sony gear, however this doesn't include the Sony A7 III as it wasn't supported by my version of Lightroom :(

Had a look back, taken a total of 10,831 photos on my Sony gear, however this doesn't include the Sony A7 III as it wasn't supported by my version of Lightroom :(

How long you had the a9 compare to me. Don’t forget I’ve had other Sony

Thinking of getting an A9 or II what’s the consensus on which SD cards to use. Sony tough seem fair value UHSII and V60
but are they fast enough or better to bit the bullet and get the fastest at £90ish for 64gb? Would be for a bit of video/slow mo and shooting- actually thought of carrying that out a few times- a pretty quick erratic dog so not long bursts.
Cheers

Thinking of getting an A9 or II what’s the consensus on which SD cards to use. Sony tough seem fair value UHSII and V60
but are they fast enough or better to bit the bullet and get the fastest at £90ish for 64gb? Would be for a bit of video/slow mo and shooting- actually thought of carrying that out a few times- a pretty quick erratic dog so not long bursts.
Cheers

Wont matter with the A9 as the second slot is UHS1 and it won’t write any faster than the slowest slot is capable of. Both are UHS-II on the A9II.

Last edited:
Reactions: nog
£65 for a genuine battery and you don’t even get a case or terminal cover :rolleyes:

What screen protector did you get. Where did you get battery

Does anyone know if you choose between 12 bit and 14 bit raws with Sony as I can only see options for compressed and uncompressed?

Complete waste of money they are no better than a standard video light from Amazon, eBay etc for £20.

They are no where near powerful enough to use for portraits unless you use loads of them.

Honestly. Hmm damn so which you suggest I always failed with flash so though lights be better

Back