The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

28mm MFD is 29cm in AF, 25cm in MF, 35mm f1.8 is 22cm plus it's a longer focal length so has better magnification.

I suppose with any of these lenses there's always the option of carrying a close up filter or even a set. They do slow things up though as you obviously have to fit them for use and remove them again as you can't leave them on as you'll lose the ability to focus at a distance.

I suppose with any of these lenses there's always the option of carrying a close up filter or even a set. They do slow things up though as you obviously have to fit them for use and remove them again as you can't leave them on as you'll lose the ability to focus at a distance.
I just have APS crop set to a button ;)

I've just looked at some pictures and realised that I've had my close up filters for over 15 years :D They are only a cheap set, I think they cost under £20.

Quick question here:

What’s that little red “T*” logo on the EVF stands for? I googled it but I can’t find an answer. Even the manual doesn’t mention it. Unless I’m blind :ty:

D5A1630C-201B-49E4-92C3-CCF06175E1B4.jpeg

Quick question here:

What’s that little red “T*” logo on the EVF stands for? I googled it but I can’t find an answer. Even the manual doesn’t mention it. Unless I’m blind :ty:

View attachment 273153
I believe it's T* coating, a Zeiss product/invention. I'm guessing the EVF lens has this special coating.

Edit: beaten to it ;)

Quick question here:

View attachment 273153

I believe it's T* coating, a Zeiss product/invention. I'm guessing the EVF lens has this special coating.

Edit: beaten to it ;)

a.k.a Zeiss fairy magic dust

Wow that was quick!
Thanks for the answers. I like the idea of having some magic dust on my camera

FYI if you go onto the London Camera Exchange Facebook page there’s a section where you can post questions to ask Sony.

@nandbytes I’ve mentioned the restrictions when the A7RIV is writing to the card, not sure if you want to do the same?

Anyone here use the Zeiss 24-70 f4 ?

Is it as bad as some reviews say ?

Last edited:
Anyone here use the Zeiss 24-70 f4 ?

Is it as bad as some reviews ?
I’ve just got one. It was the lens I always wanted (24-70mm is my favourite general landscape and walkabout zoom) but was put off by the reviews.

Initial thoughts are that it’s not as bad as it’s made out to be. Sharpness looks very good and distortion doesn’t appear bad, although I have lens corrections set on import, but tbh if distortions can be corrected and the final results look good then they don’t worry me too much.

Too much Betty so............ a bit of old Rosie.

She flatly refuses to get up on the bench for photos nowadays so the seat pad will be on the floor of the studio from now on.

She clicks when she gets up and sleeps a lot during the day but I love my old girl.

Shame they can't go on forever

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iHdxLo]Rosie by Terence Rees, on Flickr[/URL]

Too much Betty so............ a bit of old Rosie.

She flatly refuses to get up on the bench for photos nowadays so the seat pad will be on the floor of the studio from now on.

She clicks when she gets up and sleeps a lot during the day but I love my old girl.

Shame they can't go on forever

Rosie by Terence Rees, on Flickr
Lovely dog. But you can’t have “too much Betty” :eek: ;)

FYI if you go onto the London Camera Exchange Facebook page there’s a section where you can post questions to ask Sony.

@nandbytes I’ve mentioned the restrictions when the A7RIV is writing to the card, not sure if you want to do the same?
I'll do once I remember my Facebook password :p

I haven't logged on in years lol

Waste of time, there are petitions, official Sony forum posts etc etc. where people request stuff. Dont waste your breath.

Waste of time, there are petitions, official Sony forum posts etc etc. where people request stuff. Dont waste your breath.
Just enjoy it for what it is. A landscape camera and a bloody good one.

If you need quick writing then you should buy the A9.

That's what Sony will tell you.

Just enjoy it for what it is. A landscape camera and a bloody good one.

If you need quick writing then you should buy the A9.

That's what Sony will tell you.

who asked for quick writing, we want the camera not to lock up the camera from changing settings when writing to buffer.
even A9 would have the exact same problem (possibly worst than A7RIV thanks to slower UHS-1 slot) and also the A9II.

Last edited:
I love it.

Don't get me wrong if I had more spare cash I'd upgrade to a newer Sony but I'm loving the output of the R2.

Especially with old manual focus lenses.

@woof woof knows where I'm coming from.

@snerkler did.

Which was who I was alluding to.
No I didn't, I asked for all camera functions to be available while it's writing. Many cameras take a while to clear the buffer but you can still use them fully in the meantime, you can't on the A7RIV (y)

Anyone using a wrist strap on their Sony? I'm going out with just a prime but still want something to keep camera secure

Back