The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

As I seem to have started all this by being silly I'll stop being silly and changing the name and I'll try to behave :D

Sorry... :D

PS.
Mrs Woof Woof says "Why you naughty me?" :D

Last edited:
Because nobody has created a generic Canon or Nikon thread?

You created a separate A9 thread and it died because everyone thought it made more sense to keep the Sony talk together so we can all help each other/share ideas.

Help yourself with the A9 thread but I reckon this one will be busier.
Well it was you guys that decided not to post there anymore even though it was very helpful for A9 owners and potential owners. Now whoever is interested in the A9 needs to spend ages here digging out A9 posts.

Anyways I'm gonna stop posting A9 related stuff here and post on the proper thread. Up to you lot if you want to read it or not

Last edited:
Well it was you guys that decided not to post there anymore even though it was very helpful for A9 owners and potential owners. Now whoever is interested in the A9 needs to spend ages here digging out A9 posts.

Anyways I'm gonna stop posting A9 related stuff here and post on the proper thread. Up to you lot if you want to read it or not

Me too, see you there....

Just the two of us.... it was it three :D

Shame to split A7 and A9 imo :(

Is there not a little too much thought going into this? It's a Sony thread, for Sony users so why not cover all areas? Even just E/FE mount would be good enough as all lenses/accessories are compatible (lenses in crop mode on FE bodies) and anyone who isn't sure could just ask.

I'd hate for this thread to become a snobby willy-waving thread for just the highest end kit.
its all Nuziks fault :banana:

@woof woof

Time to remove A9 from the title? Don't want to be petty but it's a bit silly splitting threads just for another model of what is the same camera with the probably the same questions coming up.

I dunno. I only changed the title from time to time for larf but people seem to get bent out of shape so maybe I'll leave it alone now and personally I'd like to see A9 / A5/6xxx postings in here too as I'm interested in them all even if I'll probably never own them :D

I dunno. I only changed the title from time to time for larf but people seem to get bent out of shape so maybe I'll leave it alone now and personally I'd like to see A9 / A5/6xxx postings in here too as I'm interested in them all even if I'll probably never own them :D

Seems pretty dramatic to me, just because the paupers want to use the same thread as the elite. Oh well.

I have an A7 now, but having owned an A6000 for 2 years and an Nex5 before that, I think it's a good idea to combine knowledge/advice. After all, a camera is just a camera.

Last edited:
Seems pretty dramatic to me, just because the paupers want to use the same thread as the elite. Oh well.

I have an A7 now, but having owned an A6000 for 2 years and an Nex5 before that, I think it's a good idea to combine knowledge/advice. After all, a camera is just a camera.

And tbh the same lot are always in here anyway. Elitism, but the a9 thread will soon go to the bottom because there aren't enough users.

Last edited:
And tbh the same lot are always in here anyway. Elitism, but the a9 thread will soon go to the bottom because there aren't enough users.
I don't want to discuss stuff and tech is don't have. Its a forum and I would have expected seperate threads for all models to be honest. If I wanted to discuss the A5 I'd go there as like discussing a d750 and a d500.
But true a9 would have Jonney wittering away to himself

I don't want to discuss stuff and tech is don't have. Its a forum and I would have expected seperate threads for all models to be honest. If I wanted to discuss the A5 I'd go there as like discussing a d750 and a d500.
But true a9 would have Jonney wittering away to himself

Exactly, it's a unique case. The d750 thread is a good example, it started as a rumour page and the user base grew at such a fast rate and so much info it made sense that it was the official thread. A9 thread is going to have a slow uptake so they may as well post in here and not be lonely lol. Everyone knows who has them so you know who's posting what or what to ignore.

Is there an adaptor to use E-mount lenses on an A-mount camera? Can only seem to find them going the other way - yet E Mount lenses seem to be cheaper.

No there isn't. The flange distance i.e. distance between the lens and sensor is larger on a-mount than e-mount. So you just need to add a hollow tube to make up the flange distance. In case of the other direction you'd require some sort of glass in the adapter which will cost more and reduce image quality.

I've just picked up a new lens to use on my A7 for some architecture work;

IMG_8350.JPG

It's an Olympus OM Zuiko 35/2.8 Shift lens that looks like it's never been out of its case!

With the horizontal and vertical tilt I can't wait to try out some panoramas too. I'm surprised how closely it can focus and also how sharp it is wide open;

0E8D475F-0A84-451C-B724-9EA1286CD3E8.JPG

F2.8 from around 7" away.

I've just picked up a new lens to use on my A7 for some architecture work;

View attachment 107123

It's an Olympus OM Zuiko 35/2.8 Shift lens that looks like it's never been out of its case!

With the horizontal and vertical tilt I can't wait to try out some panoramas too. I'm surprised how closely it can focus and also how sharp it is wide open;

View attachment 107124

F2.8 from around 7" away.

Congratulations. It is a very good shift lens. If you can, get the 24mm Olympus shift as well, which I thought superb and pretty much the ideal focal length for architecture.

My haul has arrived :D

three seperate deliveries today, feels like Xmas lol!

36040278132_53ed863e37_b.jpg

I love this thing already and i haven't even tried it yet.

35402935993_3a62438595_b.jpg

35402941233_615db84128_b.jpg

Roll on my days off :D

Really the A9, as it's a Sony, should be the price of a DVD player. Because Sony make DVD players. So it should be what? £90?

And just to be clear that's a :D

Back