The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

i havent looked yet but i guess as its huff. he loves it, with lots of superlatives chucked about :D

You have to remember that the reason he likes stuff he publishes reviews of is that if he doesn't like the stuff he either doesn't review it or sometimes just doesn't publish. I remember a Panasonic camera, but I don't remember which one, anyway... he said he was going to review it and time passed and nothing appeared on his site and it was only when people pestered him that he published the review and said he didn't like it :D So yes, if he publishes a review he usually likes it :D

speak for yourself :p

Who shoots with lowly 24mp, that's so last decade

Last edited:
You have to remember that the reason he likes stuff he publishes reviews of is that if he doesn't like the stuff he either doesn't review it or sometimes just doesn't publish. I remember a Panasonic camera, but I don't remember which one, anyway... he said he was going to review it and time passed and nothing appeared on his site and it was only when people pestered him that he published the review and said he didn't like it :D So yes, if he publishes a review he usually likes it :D
I know that's the reason he gives, but tbh I think he is full of it, I think its a business decision, his site with all the "think of the children" begging for donations tags do nothing to help really.

I'm obviously not the caring type as I've never even noticed any "Think of the children" ads or tags and indeed I've just taken a look and I still can't see them.

Anyway, the enthusiasm is accompanied by technical stuff, example images galore and IMO honest opinion and at least he'll express an opinion when so many seem afraid of doing so. I think he's a breath of fresh air :D but as always you have to maintain some objectivity.

I take that very few on this thread have an A9. It would be nice to see some images that really show the ability of the camera in difficult situations. After all that's what it's built for. What we've seen so far could have been taken on a bridge camera.

I take that very few on this thread have an A9. It would be nice to see some images that really show the ability of the camera in difficult situations. After all that's what it's built for. What we've seen so far could have been taken on a bridge camera.
Check my images on the athletics

Are you sure? :D

So my images posted can be shot on a bridge camera with the same ease of use from the stands?

Which bridge camera can do that btw?

A question and a challenge!

Come on Gaz, take pictures like that with a bridge camera! :D

Probably could on 200x optical zoom mode 5ft away from the athletes with 1 every 500 shots semi usable (in focus etc)

Well, there are some good 1" cameras and I do have a 1" camera with a 250mm zoom but I don't think it (or me) are really up to challenging your A9 pictures.

I have. That's why I wrote it.

The Sony A9 is designed for speed, it's 24mp sensor is very capable for its intended use and to insinuate that a bridge camera could even come close to what the Sony A9 offers is crazy..... even a DSLR can't come close to the Sony A9's abilities. :D

As I'm a bit tied to home at the mo, a picture from a few weeks ago taken with my A7 and Minolta 35mm f1.8 and fed through Nik filters. Maybe not too interesting a scene but I love Saltburn and you can see Rosebarry Topping in the distance :D Two yards or so to my right was the cliff edge.

DSC07678.jpg

View attachment 108452

Last edited:
The Sony A9 is designed for speed, it's 24mp sensor is very capable for its intended use and to insinuate that a bridge camera could even come close to what the Sony A9 offers is crazy..... even a DSLR can't come close to the Sony A9's abilities. :D

Funniest thing I've read all year. What a fanboy comment.

Funniest thing I've read all year. What a fanboy comment.

Don't worry the year isn't out yet.... plenty more fanboy comments to come :D lol
But on a serious note, why funny as its true and fact..... no DSLR can do what the A9 does.

A few key features....
Silent shutter
20fps
Blackout free OVF/EVF

Last edited:
Was shooting a small gathering/event yesterday. The customisable focus hold button on the FE85/1.8 lens is probably the next best thing after sliced bread (I set it to eye-AF).

Now I want it on my 16-35mm too. Who's willing to sell me their GM :D

Was shooting a small gathering/event yesterday. The customisable focus hold button on the FE85/1.8 lens is probably the next best thing after sliced bread (I set it to eye-AF).

Now I want it on my 16-35mm too. Who's willing to sell me their GM :D

Doing much portraiture at 16mm?

I'm off to Copenhagen and hamburg. Deciding on what lens to take with my a9 or a7r2.

Go all prime or just slap on the Canon 24-70 F2.8?

The Sony A9 is designed for speed, even a DSLR can't come close to the Sony A9's abilities. :D
A comment from another forum which seems quite apt.....

"There is one incredible benefit of a pro-camera-taken-everywhere that is not mentioned here ie. the internet. It is the case that pontificating in comments demands a high pedestal that pro-cameras only offer as credentials to the pontificator".

Back