The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Very nice :D

One more from me.

A7 and Voigtlander 40mm f1.2 at f8, 1/160 and ISO 6,400.

1-DSC08211.jpg

Last edited:
Any pics of sports taken with A7 series (not A9!)?

Any pics of sports taken with A7 series (not A9!)?

there are plenty... but depends on what you are after. I posted a few on this thread that I can't find again... so I'll post them again

approaching me...
36815614131_31b9f4e2ac_b.jpg

passing by...
36767660346_39fd845129_b.jpg

moving away
36120697854_3f0eccca7d_b.jpg

clipped the tips of parachute, so one more
36815553751_4c01d9660d_b.jpg

D-Day for sony tomorrow.

I think its an A9r or something completely left field.

maybe a new A mount camera

Wasnt it this time last year they announced thew A99?

The way previously good sources have been getting it wrong for the rumor site it's tempting to think Sony are deliberately spreading misinformation :D

I'm hoping they move the A7x series to a more A9 style body with a joystick and a bigger battery. I could live without the additional top dial quite happily though.

I'll be interested to read about whatever they eventually announce but the chances of me buying whatever it may be are small.

D-Day for sony tomorrow.

I think its an A9r or something completely left field.

maybe a new A mount camera

Wasnt it this time last year they announced thew A99?

Wouldn't surprise me on A-Mount although I'm sure Tamron and Sigma have said in recent weeks that they've basically ditched support for it which perhaps makes it less likely (strange considering Tamron are or were part owned by Sony)...

Looks like the prospect of replacing my A7R with a newer one will never happen, gained 1k at least. Lets see what the A73 brings.
I could be tempted to get rid of my 24-70f4 for this new 24-105f4, so long as the quality loss isnt too great, be a fantastic holiday lens.

Last edited:
Should be plenty of a9’s hitting eBay shortly

Doubt many will feel the need to downgrade, although the A7R III does have some pretty cool features which we’ll probably see on the next A9 model :)
I think Sony released the A7R III first to try and compete with the Nikon D850.

Doubt many will feel the need to downgrade, although the A7R III does have some pretty cool features which we’ll probably see on the next A9 model :)
I think Sony released the A7R III first to try and compete with the Nikon D850.

Personally think unless you’re shooting sports/action it’ll be an upgrade rather than a downgrade

Launch price $3,200 so probably £3,200

So I guess will launch grey at maybe £2,600. And then should drop to around £2k by February.

Lovely :D and nice about the joystick and the battery, I don't think I care about the rest :D

But still no A7III? I thought that the A7 was the weakest camera in the lineup and would be updated sooner rather than later but maybe they did the R to compete with Nikon? I wonder if there'll be an A7III anytime soon?

bargain. they did not increase the price of the camera from the old one

Actually they have, the A7R II is currently £2499 and I believe this was also the launch price.
It’s basically 2x faster than the A7R II in key area’s but not as fast as the A9, great and surprising move from Sony as I was expecting a A7 III.
I’ve been spoilt with the speed of the Sony A9 so won’t be ditching it anytime soon :D

Back