The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Let me guess, you've been promoted and now lead a team amongst other things but they still expect you to cover your old role?

You don't work for the NHS by any chance? :D

When I left my last job my duties were shared amongst one new manager a six existing managers and supervisors.

I'm just amazed that I managed to con them into thinking I did anything at all let alone enough to be shared amongst so many others :D

When I left my last job my duties were shared amongst one new manager a six existing managers and supervisors.

I'm just amazed that I managed to con them into thinking I did anything at all let alone enough to be shared amongst so many others :D

To be honest I still use it as an excuse to get my fingers dirty, been a director in the NHS for two years now and I still get the chance to flex the old fingers (well that sounds wrong but you get the gist).

I'll shoe horn this one in seeing as it's got an FE mount ;)

FEMount.jpg

I've just drawn up this FE mount slider back for my Chroma large format field camera that's currently live on Kickstarter. I've had a few people ask about the option of mounting an A7 to shoot stitched panoramics so here it is :0)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1794420225/chroma-the-unique-4x5-technical-camera

The plate that the camera is mounted through can move up by 25mm (as per the image above) and down by the same amount from the centre so I'm guessing that 3 digital images should stitch nicely. The entire back can then be disconnected (there are 12 embedded magnets) and rotated 90 degrees to shoot horizontal panoramics

FEMount-Landscape.jpg

Last edited:
I know their prices are always cheap but their warranty and customer Service is excellent. :)

I think I’ve bought from them before but never used stuff, their prices were pretty good.

Picked up the 25mm Batis, 40mm Voigtlander and the 24-105 f4 (although this may go back if its a “dodgy one”.
Need something longer though but doesn’t need to be AF, been contemplating one of the much liked Zeiss Contax 100-300 lenses which look epic (while being quite small/light)...

I think I’ve bought from them before but never used stuff, their prices were pretty good.

Picked up the 25mm Batis, 40mm Voigtlander and the 24-105 f4 (although this may go back if its a “dodgy one”.
Need something longer though but doesn’t need to be AF, been contemplating one of the much liked Zeiss Contax 100-300 lenses which look epic (while being quite small/light)...

I’m always in Harrison’s drooling over the latest and greatest :D lol

I’m always in Harrison’s drooling over the latest and greatest :D lol

Haha, I’m lucky I have limited opportunity for that!
Jessops locally is pretty poor and the Calumet (WEX) never has too much in stock....

Decided to cancel the Batis 25 actually... found a mint Loxia 21 instead!

they have a voigtlander 40mm/1.2 for £600. Someone please buy this before I do (I have already bought 2 lenses and a metabones canon EF adapter today...!)

but the GAS is still strong and the day is still young :D

Last edited:
they have a voigtlander 40mm/1.2 for £600. Someone please buy this before I do (I have already bought 2 lenses and a metabones canon EF adapter today...!)

but the GAS is still strong and the day is still young :D

Is that the new Sony mount one?

If it is and you buy it I don't think you'll regret it :D

I too been looking at Harrsions used section online today was nearly tempted to go in and do a trade in and get a A7Rii with a few use lens they got at the moment... Just cant quite come to term of the cost of that Damn A9.

Again I been playing with my D500 there nowt wrong ha ha ha

I too been looking at Harrsions used section online today was nearly tempted to go in and do a trade in and get a A7Rii with a few use lens they got at the moment... Just cant quite come to term of the cost of that Damn A9.

Again I been playing with my D500 there nowt wrong ha ha ha

You'd be back to a d500 within a week for its AF. :p

Voigtlander 35mm f1.4.

Whole picture at f11 with the focus on that tree slightly left of the middle of the frame.

DSC09315.jpg

Bottom left at 100%.

BL.jpg

Bottom right.

BR.jpg

Top left.

TL.jpg

Top right.

TR.jpg

A dull, cold day and raining a bit, f2.

DSC09311.jpg

100%.

DSC09311-c.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely better but not as good as D750/D500. I had a lot of misses and sold my A7rii fairly soon, if you don't need fast CAF its a brilliant camera.

Cheers bud I guess it only the xt2 that would come close in mirrorkess

Sod or I stick as I am. Till a A9 is cheaper

Sod or I stick as I am. Till a A9 is cheaper

My thoughts exactly, after I sold the a7rii I went back to the D750 as I know it does a good job...... didn't really want to spend so much on an A9 with Canikon rumours about, my most used lens is the ART 35mm 1.4 and Sony has one but its QC is very questionable and its almost 3x as expensive. See what happens over the next few months.

Id hate to be one of those that bought a A9 for 4.5k and seeing them at 3k on the used market so soon.

Last edited:
Yeah I stay as I am. Till we seen the Nikon.

There may be an A7III soon, I wouldn't expect A9 focus but it'll be interesting to see if they move the A7 focus on.

Yeah I stay as I am. Till we seen the Nikon.

Hopefully its decent and comes with an F mount adapter, otherwise the A9 would've dropped, hopefully some Sigma FEs are out and maybe go with that... or just carry on with the D500, its not going to be magically be any worse. GAS is awful.

Back