The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

FYI, I have a Git1 action cam as a rear video camera using it in Dashcam mode, it works perfectly, it starts up when car starts and I set it to record 30min post engine shut down. It does 1080p, I don't need 4k as the file size would be huge. 1080p with 64G would last about 8 hours before it loops round.

WfQvHPl.jpg

On the front I use a DOD LS470W which is like a Nextbase cam.

f06lZRL.jpg

I probably should have got two Git1 as the Git1 is like £70 and the DOD is like £200 and the quality is comparable and both does the same thing and I have had both for almost 2 years with no faults, starts perfectly in the winter when it goes below zero no problem. But the DOD have GPS tracking, the Git1 do not.

Quality at night is fine.

and I drive a Volvo, no BMW here :p

dW1e7mv.jpg

Last edited:
Golf estate here, same colour as Raymondo's Volvo.

Looking seriously at a used LandRover Disco (to replace our old Merc) as was informed they are well thought of by employees of a certain luxury car builder.

Got a Golf R at the moment so the move to something else isn’t a must, may stick with the Golf. :)

I’d have kept my Golf R had I not had a child! Loved it - does everything I need from a car, really. It’s kinda hard to use more than 300-350bhp round here anyway. Far too many bored coppers.

FYI, I have a Git1 action cam as a rear video camera using it in Dashcam mode, it works perfectly, it starts up when car starts and I set it to record 30min post engine shut down. It does 1080p, I don't need 4k as the file size would be huge. 1080p with 64G would last about 8 hours before it loops round.

WfQvHPl.jpg

On the front I use a DOD LS470W which is like a Nextbase cam.

f06lZRL.jpg

I probably should have got two Git1 as the Git1 is like £70 and the DOD is like £200 and the quality is comparable and both does the same thing and I have had both for almost 2 years with no faults, starts perfectly in the winter when it goes below zero no problem. But the DOD have GPS tracking, the Git1 do not.

Quality at night is fine.

and I drive a Volvo, no BMW here :p

dW1e7mv.jpg

Cheers for that. Seems pretty good, considering the cost.

And I actually quite like the current range of Volvos.. probably a bit dull to drive, though?

In any case, it’ll be 1-2 years before I sell the Audi. I’ll probably end up with a 335d Touring, or a 5 series. Audi’s a bit boring (interior is much better than everyone else, other than Volvo, imo)

APC_0019.jpg

I’d have kept my Golf R had I not had a child! Loved it - does everything I need from a car, really. It’s kinda hard to use more than 300-350bhp round here anyway. Far too many bored coppers.
We have 2 kids, Golf R 5dr seems pretty useable, was it the boot space you found lacking?

We have 2 kids, Golf R 5dr seems pretty useable, was it the boot space you found lacking?

Yup. It’s tiny. I’ve got a Bugaboo pram - it doesn’t fit in the Golf! That and my wife’s Dutch, it’s much easier taking an estate across, rather than the Golf with a roof box or trailer. I’ll be in a ferry next week, as a matter of fact!

I’m guessing your kids are a bit older than my wee one? He’s only 3 months, lol.

IMG_1373.JPG

I'm buying two lenses from Panamoz, they get added to my cart and the amount to pay calculated accordingly for both. When I fill all the details for the payment and just before pressing the place order button the Items on my shopping cart only show one of the lenses but the amount to pay is the total for the two I added to my cart.
I have already contacted them but is there anyone in here that has come across this issue before?

I'm buying two lenses from Panamoz, they get added to my cart and the amount to pay calculated accordingly for both. When I fill all the details for the payment and just before pressing the place order button the Items on my shopping cart only show one of the lenses but the amount to pay is the total for the two I added to my cart.
I have already contacted them but is there anyone in here that has come across this issue before?

Buy them separately?

I’m pretty sure this happened when I bought my D850 and 24-70 but there was a way I did get to see the full order. Maybe it was the email confirmation, but I’m pretty sure that I did it before paying. Always proceed with caution though.

I’m pretty sure this happened when I bought my D850 and 24-70 but there was a way I did get to see the full order. Maybe it was the email confirmation, but I’m pretty sure that I did it before paying. Always proceed with caution though.

There's no way of seeing the complete order once I get to the last screen, there it confirms all your payment details, your address and then the Items on Your Shopping List....it only shows one item, 1 lens at its price, then on the total it's the price for both lenses and the £30 discount.

Try it with 2 other products to see if it’s item specific.

I have tried with other products and it happens too.

I'll wait to hear from them as I'm not too happy placing the order, paying for the two lenses but only one of them showing on my order form.

I have tried with other products and it happens too.

I'll wait to hear from them as I'm not too happy placing the order, paying for the two lenses but only one of them showing on my order form.

Try also clearing your cookies and a different browser.

:cool:

I’d love a g wagon.

Looking to replace one of our cars in a few months (the Golf just isn’t big enough as a family car) and if you’d think I’m indesisive with camera buying decision you haven’t seen my trying to decide what car to buy.:eek::(

I saw the Allroad and pulled the trigger on buying it the next day. Test drove it a couple of weeks later, well after my order had been submitted to Ingolstadt. Took 6 months to get built and delivered to me.

I’m guessing such a story would make you break out into a cold sweat? [emoji1]

I saw the Allroad and pulled the trigger on buying it the next day. Test drove it a couple of weeks later, well after my order had been submitted to Ingolstadt. Took 6 months to get built and delivered to me.

I’m guessing such a story would make you break out into a cold sweat? [emoji1]

Yup, Ive about 15 cars on my shortlist. I've still yet to decide to go new and lease or second hand..

Cheers for that. Seems pretty good, considering the cost.

And I actually quite like the current range of Volvos.. probably a bit dull to drive, though?

In any case, it’ll be 1-2 years before I sell the Audi. I’ll probably end up with a 335d Touring, or a 5 series. Audi’s a bit boring (interior is much better than everyone else, other than Volvo, imo)

View attachment 124416

Those Audi’s are huge!! The misses gets to drive pretty much any demo she fancies. Currently she tarting it up in an 18 plate TT.

Not jealous at all. Lol

Those Audi’s are huge!! The misses gets to drive pretty much any demo she fancies. Currently she tarting it up in an 18 plate TT.

Not jealous at all. Lol

Don’t get in that for god sake

VW Sharan is a good family drive. Removable seats. Or add a big Thule roof box. Worked for us. Luxury van with windows.

VW Sharan is a good family drive. Removable seats. Or add a big Thule roof box. Worked for us. Luxury van with windows.

Looks like a van, drives like a van, y’know? I drove one across Europe, once. Right the way across to Rome. Driving in the Autobahn in that thing was the most painful thing I’ve ever done. So depressing.

M3 was the E92 V8. Problems ranges from a weird rattling sound from the engine that I had a battle over for about 3-4 months with BMW refusing that it was there, in the end it turned out to be the belt to the power steering pump (or was it air con pump? :confused:) Then there were minor things like the DAB not working requiring a new rear windscreen, issue with the rain sensor wipers, plus others, but the final nail was very loud banging (like a gun being fired) which caused the back end to judder. This went undiagnosed :eek:

My current X5 is a 6 pot, and very nice it is too,..... for a diesel ;)
I got a puncturefor the 1st timein agesthe other day which my bro kindly fixed for me.otherthan that my pushbike has been impeccable.
Getting harder going up hills though at almost 68 :D

Looks like a van, drives like a van, y’know? I drove one across Europe, once. Right the way across to Rome. Driving in the Autobahn in that thing was the most painful thing I’ve ever done. So depressing.

It's no Golf R that's for sure. It does what it's meant to do. Worst thing about it for me was that when driving in it alone I would get very sleepy.

Side note: Has anyone got a dash cam they'd recommend? I think it's about time I bought one.. (vaguely camera related, right?!)

Yes. I use the slightly older and slightly cheaper version of this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Reso...TF8&qid=1523826484&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+roav

It's brilliant, can completely hide it behind my mirror and it doesn't dangle from the windscreen like another mirror. There is an app and you can download the clips to your phone. It's brill.

Edit: this is the one I have: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wide-Angle...TF8&qid=1523826633&sr=1-3&keywords=anker+roav

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the TT lovely cars for ladies thou

I test drove one years ago and didn't like it, but that was years ago and they're probably different now.

One thing with the old ones was that if you had a puncture and fitted the space saver from the boot the one you'd taken off wouldn't fit in the boot. As far as I remember there was a woman killed when a wheel was placed inside the car and it exploded, I can't remember if that was in the UK or USA or somewhere else but not being able to fit a wheel and tyre in the boot seemed utterly stupid to me at the time and if they're still so stupidly designed I wouldn't buy one.

I've just about given up on cars these days and just have this which I've had for 8 years...

DSC08831.jpg

This is my third MX5. I had a black MK1 and a red MK2 both of which I bought new. When the new ones came out I didn't like them and I couldn't find a nice MK1 so I got this used MK2 from a lady owner. I also have a Hyundai Getz as I need to carry more than two people + wheelchair.

Last edited:
Back