The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Sigma Art (FE) UK pricing and availability for the seven lenses has been confirmed as follows:

14mm f/1.8 DG HSM | Art (£1,679.99, July)
20mm f/1.4 DG HSM | Art (£859.99, June)
24mm f/1.4 DG HSM | Art (£799.99, June)
35mm f/1.4 DG HSM | Art (£799.99, May)
50mm f/1.4 DG HSM | Art (£749.99, May)
85mm f/1.4 DG HSM | Art (£1,199.99, May)
135mm f/1.8 DG HSM | Art (£1,399.99, July)

:D

Sigma Art (FE) UK pricing and availability for the seven lenses has been confirmed as follows:

Confirmed by whom? They look expensive, Ill guess that's RRP.

Last edited:

Since when have 50/1.4s started costing £750?? Not exactly a nifty 50.

NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

IMG_1549.jpg

NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NEW CAMERA DAY NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

View attachment 124564

Awesooooommeee

View attachment 124564

You have good taste..... B&W speakers.
I miss mine.... regret selling them... :(

View attachment 124564

Be interested here your though on the lens

You have good taste..... B&W speakers.
I miss mine.... regret selling them... :(

I’ve often considered changing my 685’s - and have actually tried other speakers, but keep coming back to these. Can’t give em up.

They’re like a fat, cuddly, hug.. and who doesn’t like that?

I’ve often considered changing my 685’s - and have actually tried other speakers, but keep coming back to these. Can’t give em up.

They’re like a fat, cuddly, hug.. and who doesn’t like that?
I had the following powered by a Marantz NR1501 7.1 Amp.

B&W 602 s2
B&W 603 s2
B&W CC6 s2
B&W DS6 s2
B&A ASW80

If memory serves me right.

I see the 105!

Definitely getting that, I don’t have a lens for that focal length, 100/2.8 isn’t the same. Who cares about the size, a part of me want to get it just so it look ridiculous on the A7.

Don’t tell me Riz you kept them in a soundproof cupboard eh?

Lol

I had the following powered by a Marantz NR1501 7.1 Amp.

B&W 602 s2
B&W 603 s2
B&W CC6 s2
B&W DS6 s2
B&A ASW80

If memory serves me right.

I have the 602S2 as well, had them for years, no reason to upgrade, been through several amps but the speakers stays.

Definitely getting that, I don’t have a lens for that focal length, 100/2.8 isn’t the same. Who cares about the size, a part of me want to get it just so it look ridiculous on the A7.

Lol

I have the 602S2 as well, had them for years, no reason to upgrade, been through several amps but the speakers stays.

Yeah I’ve had the 602s too. 685s are definitely nicer, for really not much extra cash, if you were ever considering.

Mine have equally been through several amps - currently running through a Beresford 2ch switching unit, so I’m able to use the same speakers to run my 7.1 Sony AV amp and at the same time, switch to my Arcam Stereo amp running the Pro-ject turntable. Works a treat, if that’s something that would be of use to you! [emoji4]

bg0iLzX.jpg

fQ40Nw9.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 124564
yes I felt sorry for you and took it in to the courier ,enjoy it :D

New street lens :D

Lol, not quite….

I have decided that I am going to get the Sigma 105/1.4 Art on the E-Mount and not Canon……Going to shoot people/portraits with it, so eye focus and with the size and weight, IBIS will help. It makes sense to get it on the E-Mount.

Sorry Canon, I feel like I am cheating.

Lol, not quite….

I have decided that I am going to get the Sigma 105/1.4 Art on the E-Mount and not Canon……Going to shoot people/portraits with it, so eye focus and with the size and weight, IBIS will help. It makes sense to get it on the E-Mount.

Sorry Canon, I feel like I am cheating.

Err those would also work via mc11

My Leather grip arrived today.

Aluminium base with a built in Arca Swiss compatible plate. Enough space for my fingers to go between the lens, even a 50/1.4, battery door opens, enough height for my pinky. Tile screen opens easily. The only downside is access to the micro USB and USB-C flap is a little restricted. I can get to the USB-C but not the micro USB. Not a problem as I can still charge via USB-C anyway. Not a design flaw as it was designed for the A9, not A7III, it just happens to fit.

Job done, pinky problem solved.

CSyBbRR.jpg

UX8Al78.jpg

orXROoe.jpg

UNEyZIO.jpg

P3CUCyN.jpg

vtKsWm9.jpg

Last edited:
Yes but that's not what he or I said. I said those functions will be available.

they will be but I imagine for his use case he'd want it to be 'native-like' rather than 'adapted-like' performance

edit: just as I thought, read Raymond's reply below :p

Last edited:
It doesn't matter how good they may be, I'd have to paint over the shiny black, or at least buy a sleeve ;)

yeah those lenses sure are an eye-sore. I wish they'd hurry up and make mirrorless specific designed lenses especially wide angle ones

Back