The Amazing Sony A7 / A9 / Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

OP
OP
woof woof
Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
Dunno why anyone would give these cabinet space, not when there's so many lovely 35 and 50mm lenses out there.

PS.
Isn't the weather lovely!!!!! :D

We're supposed to be going up the hill soon if Mrs WW can get herself up and out, she's watching the footballists.

Last edited:
Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Will you replace batis 25 with Loxia 25 now? :D

I had the trioplan 100 didn't get along well with it. I like my trioplan 50 though
Probably get a loxia 25 as well as the batis; wife likes auofocus so also thinking 55mm, maybe next month.

As I like the 100 Trioplan bokeh shall keep it though I know its hardly the best, for me its fun to use

Name
Riz
Edit My Images
No
Deci I have a friend that works in Sony and one of his bosses is high up in Sonys UK cam division, I will see if that guy knows who would be best to forward it to !

This was the same guy that told me not to hold my breath on log and profiles for the A9 !
Me and Jonny had a big list which @jonneymendoza gave to Sony at the NEC Photography Show. I have also given the list to my local Camera Store who passed it onto their regional rep.
It would be great if we could get a more direct way of getting the list across to the right / best people within Sony. :)

Name
Riz
Edit My Images
No
Riz ordered 5 for the cabinet.
I wish, how much are they, any UK prices been confirmed yet? £12,000?

I have just moved house so no big Sony GAS stuff yet..... even canned the new car idea... however the home cinema / man cave project is in full swing at the moment. :D

Name
Riz
Edit My Images
No
O Rly, did I say it did in the release notes? Whether it works or not I don't know, maybe a glitch. I think Sony will pull this FW.

See that right there?

View attachment 129473
Its a bug a long with some other strange settings. :D lol.

The new Sony FE 400mm f2.8 G Master is going to retail for £10,499 :eek:

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
An insane price - firmly putting it in the pro's only market, or at least the very well-heeled amateurs...

I wonder if they'll do a 400mm f/5.6 to cater for lesser mortals? Pro's-only is a limited market for selling lenses.

Edit My Images
No
Its to prove a point, not everyone can or will buy it, they have shown they can develop very high end kit and the big boys need to watch their back.

The Canon is £9500 and the Nikon £10500, so about right.

Last edited:
Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Hmm more new lens but my camera not been out for 3 month been that busy. I do hope get back into it very soon miss the Sony