The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Yep!
View media item 13267
p.s. what this actually proves is that DXO is inconsistent and BS but believe what you want :p

The Sigma is definitely sharper, so is the Samyang. The SZ is known for bad CA wide open, I saw it in my testing.

SZ is good for AF and OOF. Guess it depends on what's most important.

Last edited:
The Sigma is definitely sharper, so is the Samyang. The SZ is known for bad CA wide open, I saw it in my testing.

SZ is good for AF and OOF.

They both are sharper that SZ wide open. At about f2 I don't really notice much difference with the three. So I think debating that with dxo as reference (which is rather inconsistent itself) is moot.

Well some of us like our bokehs :D
I can't afford any of them till I sell my A7RII anyway :(

They both are sharper that SZ wide open. At about f2 I don't really notice much difference with the three. So I think debating that with dxo as reference (which is rather inconsistent itself) is moot.

Well some of us like our bokehs :D

So do I, but also like sharpness wide open and lack of purple halos. :p

Both are good lenses in their own way.

Dxo is as valid as most online reviews/opinions. None are always accurate. Obviously it's important to be as well informed as possible and try the lens first.

You seem to know your way around dxo :confused:

Last edited:
I prefer the unbiased opinions of YouTubers and bloggers, also images that have been PPd to death @ 720p :rolleyes:

Last edited:
ISO 6400 ! and yes, its the Zeiss 35/1.4 :p

BtFGMEO.jpg

Last edited:
your good at persuading people to spend money :ROFLMAO:
Well it worked here diddnt it? Majority have switched hehe.

Also persuaded many of my work collegues to jump on sony too. In our photo walk we did, most of us had sony gear of some shape and form lol but anyways its all good. just enjoy whatever brand/tool that makes u go out and shoot.

Plenty of options outside of canikon now and i ALWAYS recommend people to look beyond those two brands.

Well it worked here diddnt it? Majority have switched hehe.

Also persuaded many of my work collegues to jump on sony too. In our photo walk we did, most of us had sony gear of some shape and form lol but anyways its all good. just enjoy whatever brand/tool that makes u go out and shoot.

Plenty of options outside of canikon now and i ALWAYS recommend people to look beyond those two brands.

:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Well, the mirrorless choices may be a bit wider at some point if/when the repeated rumors eventually come to pass. I can't imagine what would tempt me to buy a Canikon CSC though, maybe if my A7 died and there was a really nice Nikon.

We managed a few hours out over the weekend as it was our anniversary. A7 and Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 but at f8 all day long :D

Admiring the view.

DSC01078.JPG

"Aren't you coming?"

DSC01081.JPG

Not at the top yet.

DSC01088.JPG

A dull and a bit hazy but warm and close day, looking down at Scarborough.

DSC01098.JPG

Don't quite know what it is but the out of focus areas look a bit weird to me. :thinking:

There seems to be a sort of pattern around the dog, like small circles. And the trees and top of the house behind the young lady give the appearance of moving. The sharp areas seem very sharp. Can anyone else see it?

Last edited:
Don't quite know what it is but the out of focus areas look a bit weird to me. :thinking:

There seems to be a sort of pattern around the dog, like small circles. And the tees and top of the house behind the young lady give the appearance of moving. The sharp areas seem very sharp. Can anyone else see it?

I know what you mean, it looks busy, but you can't get the Canon 35L natively onto it so I just have to "settle" for this.

Last edited:
A73 and Zeiss 35/1.4 Distagon.

(The Canon 35L mk2 is still my fav 35mm)
Thanks, so that must be with an adapter if it is this lens. So which adapter, and does the lens have a similar effect on the oof areas with a Canon? :thinking:

Sorry for so many questions, but the oof areas seem odd, and if that is the lens I think it is above, and the cost of that, I would be extremely unhappy with those results.

As long as you and your clients are happy though that is all that matters. :)

Thanks, so that must be with an adapter if it is this lens. So which adapter, and does the lens have a similar effect on the oof areas with a Canon? :thinking:

Sorry for so many questions, but the oof areas seem odd, and if that is the lens I think it is above, and the cost of that, I would be extremely unhappy with those results.

Because I prefer the Canon L, most of the time I shoot dual body over the last 2 weddings with these combo.

Canon/35L
Sony/85.1,8

So there weren't that many examples of the 35 Zeiss used.

There seems to be a sort of pattern around the dog, like small circles. And the trees and top of the house behind the young lady give the appearance of moving. The sharp areas seem very sharp. Can anyone else see it?

Don't tell everyone who keeps saying the Zeiss bokeh isn't nervous :LOL:

Well, the mirrorless choices may be a bit wider at some point if/when the repeated rumors eventually come to pass. I can't imagine what would tempt me to buy a Canikon CSC though, maybe if my A7 died and there was a really nice Nikon.

We managed a few hours out over the weekend as it was our anniversary. A7 and Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 but at f8 all day long :D

Admiring the view.

View attachment 130128

"Aren't you coming?"

View attachment 130129

Not at the top yet.

View attachment 130130

A dull and a bit hazy but warm and close day, looking down at Scarborough.

View attachment 130131
I can literally imagine myself on that seat in your first photo,lovely view,wish i was there

EVERY wider lens will do that with busy/detail areas like grass and leaves etc. The Zeiss has really good OOF areas. What are you trying to compare it against? EDIT The bits around the top of the building could be editing or CA, without seeing the original raw we won't know.

Last edited:
Back