1. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Gasp! But really id probs do the same. XT3 looks cool but after I did the maths its like 400 quid less than a A73 and 35,50 ART and 85 FE / Fuji Equiv 23 / 35 / 56..... no brainer.

chrism_scotland and Riz_Guru like this.
  2. F/1.4

F/1.4

Name:
    Anthony
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I had 2 and had to go for a third for the wife lol

Riz_Guru and jonneymendoza like this.
  3. Raymond Lin

Raymond Lin

Name:
    Raymond
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I already have the Fuji 1.4 and even 56/1.2 primes...I am 3 quarters of the way there.

4. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
    Lol

5. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Did you get them for free? Because if you didn't the maths is still the same.

Riz_Guru likes this.
  6. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
    Best travel equipment 20180914_171622~2.jpeg

damianmkv, chrism_scotland and F/1.4 like this.
  7. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    What are your thoughts on the 35?

8. Raymond Lin

Raymond Lin

Name:
    Raymond
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I got them so long ago and just sat on my desk gathering dust...it feels like I just rediscovered them again so it feels free :p

It’s almost like “oh yeah, I forgot I had these and they are actually great!”

9. SsSsSsSsSnake

SsSsSsSsSnake

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Problems problems problems :p

10. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Justifies their awesomeness :rolleyes: because let's face it, s*** in the loft is great.

11. Riz_Guru

Riz_Guru

Name:
    Riz
    Edit My Images:
    No
    It’s a bit big to be classed as travel equipment hey? ;)

jonneymendoza likes this.
  12. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
    Haha that's a 13 inch laptop by the side of it hehe.

Riz_Guru likes this.
  13. F/1.4

F/1.4

Name:
    Anthony
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Does anyone own the Samyang 24 2.8 here ? 10% off on eBay atm. Tempted but not sure id use it

14. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    I dont think ill go for it but it does look superb VFM.

F/1.4 likes this.
  15. Raymond Lin

Raymond Lin

Name:
    Raymond
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Gasp…what have I done...

[​IMG]

jonneymendoza and Riz_Guru like this.
  16. Riz_Guru

Riz_Guru

Name:
    Riz
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Wow, do you think you will go all in with Sony and give up Canon?

17. Raymond Lin

Raymond Lin

Name:
    Raymond
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I think I am likely to give up both DSLR by mirrorless, probably some of the lenses too like the Sigma 50A.

The lists of lenses to replace…

16-35/2.8 - This will cost me a fortune to change as my Canon isn't worth a lot, it's the mk1.
    24-70/2.8 - might not even bother because i seldom use this. Might get the Tamron 28-75 instead.
    24L mk2/1.4 - Already have Sigma FE mount on order
    100L/Macro - I can probably swap for Sony 90mm Macro like for like
    135/2.0 - Sigma 135/1.8, by all accounts a better lens
    20/1.4 - I could either sell and rebuy on FE or get the mount changed.
    35L mk2/1.4 - sad to see it go but it's a lot of money to sit in a case, already have the Zeiss replacement

Will keep

45/2.8 TSE - manual lens, so make no difference
    85L/1.2 - I can't bring myself to let this go just yet, until Canon make one on the RF mount

Hogboy and Riz_Guru like this.
  18. Riz_Guru

Riz_Guru

Name:
    Riz
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Sounds like a sound move, the A7 III are great bodies for the money.

19. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
    Unless you desperate need 2.8 on the super wide. Get the 12-24 f4 Sony instead. Sensational lens!

20. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
    I'd add a r3 body too for landscape and portrait work. 42mp!

21. Raymond Lin

Raymond Lin

Name:
    Raymond
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I will know 100% whether to commit (if 2 bodies and 4 lenses isn't commitment enough lol) when I have tried the Godox flashes on the dance floor.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    jonneymendoza and Riz_Guru like this.
  22. f/2.8

f/2.8

Name:
    Tommy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I am in a similar boat I have these all to change if I move over completely.

Nikon 85mm f/1.4G
    Nikon 45mm f/2.8
    Nikon 105mm f/2.8
    Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8
    Nikon 16-35mm f/4
    Sigma 20mm f/1.4
    Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Tamron 70-200 f/2.8

To be fair the only one of those I really love is the 50mm Sigma Art. But they all get some use for different things.

I am gonna have to keep some of my slr’s as things sit at the minute my missus won’t switch so that means she will be keeping her 2 x D750’s and her D850. I was going to keep my D850 and just replace both my D750’s with A7III’s but still not 100% sure.

Sold my 35mm Nikon fit Sigma Art today loved that lens too but already replaced that with the Sony fit version.

23. Raymond Lin

Raymond Lin

Name:
    Raymond
    Edit My Images:
    No
    One thing that is always on my mind is how long will Sony keep the mount, they don't really have the history sticking with something but at least for the moment the E-mount should be around for at least 5 years and I guess that's long enough, get my money's worth from it right now and I know the DSLR gear will slowly drop in value. That's the only direction it is going.

Riz_Guru likes this.
  24. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    If I set up a Gofundme would you all contribute to me for an A7III? :D I looked at some comparisons on it last night [vs the Pany G9 in particular, which might well be my next upgrade] and I actually like the look of it. They certainly improved the grip and overall look and I imagine feel of the camera over the previous two. If they had implemented a swivel screen I don't think anyone could touch it right now.

25. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Errr swivel screen Vs everything else that destroys that. Aren't you against vlogger swivel screens anyway?

Riz_Guru likes this.
  26. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    It's like you didn't even read my post. I said I liked the look of it BEFORE I mentioned the screen :p I own a flippy-flappy screen right now, It's growing on me, screw vloggers! BUT, if Sony had added that they'd be well stomping on the rest. You'd be surprised how well the G9 stands up to it for an M43 btw, really only lacks in ISO performance, murders the Sony when it comes to IBIS and there's nowt between them really otherwise.

27. f/2.8

f/2.8

Name:
    Tommy
    Edit My Images:
    No

We are all about full frame here nobody cares about M43. My brothers girlfriend has an M43 camera system they are great for young girls. :D

Riz_Guru likes this.
  28. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    I'm not sure the Sony needs an articulating screen to be stomping at the pricepoint.

Iso, dr, colour bit, auto focus, superb battery life, 10fps CAF, class leading ibis, best eye af. No crop 4k, 120p 1080p.

29. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I reckon for your needs it's more than enough tbh. I think many who use FF don't 'need' it. I didn't which is why I got over myself a long time ago , sold the D800E and went tiny sensors.

I know women who drink pints and use Nikon D5 cameras, what's your point on that front? :rolleyes:

They don't need it, they've already won the war! What I said was they would cement that with the FAS. Personally, since you already know, I prefer a plain old tilting style, but I'm not their target market

30. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Na man, to do that they need a white logo that says Canon instead of Sony ;)

31. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No

That is slowly changing is it not? I'm hearing more and more complaining from the Canon crew recently than ever before

32. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    The brand/marketing is ridiculously strong. People in the know will know but they don't make the numbers.

33. f/2.8

f/2.8

Name:
    Tommy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    You mention owning a D800e on here a lot. Why is that?

34. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    A lot? Are you saving my posts or something? Is it tit time for you again? I owned it for 5yr, longer than I have owned any other camera, of course I'm not going to forget it.

35. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I don't know, these days if you ask the average Joe on the street what they think would be a great camera [for photography] they are more likely to say Sony or Nikon over Canon in my experience

36. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Not ime, not in the shops either. Joe public that is, the folks that make up the numbers.

37. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No

Honestly, without prompt, ask some people tomorrow. I would be surprised if more than half said Canon. And I have nothing against Canon, got some of their gear in baskets on various sites ... ok, I may never actually buy :D but it's being considered. I am no brand's whore unlike some numpties on here. It's all gear to me. I wouldn't buy a Nikon again if you paid me. Well, if you paid me ... then I might

38. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No

Waiting on your 'clever' follow up here, have you gagged on your beer or something? Seems to be Fridays you come on with the drunken nonsense, let's have it

39. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    I have. The brand is strong, it's why they are no.1 without the best camera.

I'd rather a Nikon than canon but were all different.

40. f/2.8

f/2.8

Name:
    Tommy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    You seem to be always looking for a reaction I have noticed that about you. Your hard to miss on the forum you seem to spend a lot of time on here and seem to post on every thread about every new camera so it does tend to stand out a bit. You always seem to go off on a tangent about how you used to own a D800e and how amazing M43 is.

Not having a go so don’t take that the wrong way, I just find it funny.:D