1. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    If I set up a Gofundme would you all contribute to me for an A7III? :D I looked at some comparisons on it last night [vs the Pany G9 in particular, which might well be my next upgrade] and I actually like the look of it. They certainly improved the grip and overall look and I imagine feel of the camera over the previous two. If they had implemented a swivel screen I don't think anyone could touch it right now.

Riz_Guru and jonneymendoza like this.
  2. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Errr swivel screen Vs everything else that destroys that. Aren't you against vlogger swivel screens anyway?

Riz_Guru likes this.
  3. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    It's like you didn't even read my post. I said I liked the look of it BEFORE I mentioned the screen :p I own a flippy-flappy screen right now, It's growing on me, screw vloggers! BUT, if Sony had added that they'd be well stomping on the rest. You'd be surprised how well the G9 stands up to it for an M43 btw, really only lacks in ISO performance, murders the Sony when it comes to IBIS and there's nowt between them really otherwise.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  4. f/2.8

f/2.8

Name:
    Tommy
    Edit My Images:
    No

We are all about full frame here nobody cares about M43. My brothers girlfriend has an M43 camera system they are great for young girls. :D

Riz_Guru likes this.
  5. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    I'm not sure the Sony needs an articulating screen to be stomping at the pricepoint.

Iso, dr, colour bit, auto focus, superb battery life, 10fps CAF, class leading ibis, best eye af. No crop 4k, 120p 1080p.

6. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I reckon for your needs it's more than enough tbh. I think many who use FF don't 'need' it. I didn't which is why I got over myself a long time ago , sold the D800E and went tiny sensors.

I know women who drink pints and use Nikon D5 cameras, what's your point on that front? :rolleyes:

They don't need it, they've already won the war! What I said was they would cement that with the FAS. Personally, since you already know, I prefer a plain old tilting style, but I'm not their target market

7. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Na man, to do that they need a white logo that says Canon instead of Sony ;)

8. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No

That is slowly changing is it not? I'm hearing more and more complaining from the Canon crew recently than ever before

9. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    The brand/marketing is ridiculously strong. People in the know will know but they don't make the numbers.

10. f/2.8

f/2.8

Name:
    Tommy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    You mention owning a D800e on here a lot. Why is that?

11. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    A lot? Are you saving my posts or something? Is it tit time for you again? I owned it for 5yr, longer than I have owned any other camera, of course I'm not going to forget it.

12. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I don't know, these days if you ask the average Joe on the street what they think would be a great camera [for photography] they are more likely to say Sony or Nikon over Canon in my experience

13. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Not ime, not in the shops either. Joe public that is, the folks that make up the numbers.

14. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No

Honestly, without prompt, ask some people tomorrow. I would be surprised if more than half said Canon. And I have nothing against Canon, got some of their gear in baskets on various sites ... ok, I may never actually buy :D but it's being considered. I am no brand's whore unlike some numpties on here. It's all gear to me. I wouldn't buy a Nikon again if you paid me. Well, if you paid me ... then I might

15. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No

Waiting on your 'clever' follow up here, have you gagged on your beer or something? Seems to be Fridays you come on with the drunken nonsense, let's have it

16. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    I have. The brand is strong, it's why they are no.1 without the best camera.

I'd rather a Nikon than canon but were all different.

17. f/2.8

f/2.8

Name:
    Tommy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    You seem to be always looking for a reaction I have noticed that about you. Your hard to miss on the forum you seem to spend a lot of time on here and seem to post on every thread about every new camera so it does tend to stand out a bit. You always seem to go off on a tangent about how you used to own a D800e and how amazing M43 is.

Not having a go so don’t take that the wrong way, I just find it funny.:D

18. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No

You are probably right, but I feel it's changing. As I ALWAYS say, apparently, I shot Nikon for years and just got bored with them. If I never had, I'd probably be looking at their better budget options now. I just like a fresh change, I don't need familiarity and I don't give a rat's about loyalty or fanboyism.

19. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    I switch to much to get bored (im at 45+ digital ilc cameras since about 2010, multiple formats) but imo nikon have consistently made the best cameras (overall) I've used... Until the a7iii. Canon makes incredible glass but others are catching up and exceeding quickly in some ways.

20. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I was looking for no such thing, I was actually praising the A7III in my own alternative way. You're sounding a little obsessed with me right now, but that's ok, many are. You come across a bit of a wannabe know-it-all, you're quiet for a bit, then jump in all flapping and boisterous like you've built yourself up for a challenge, but I see you as a know-nothing who yearns to be one of the elite but you fall on your face because the pleb in you can't help but come out. You weren't even following the conversation, you saw me and thought 'I'll get him this time' - But, wrong! ... Again! You just look a moron atm. This is what you wanted right? :D

21. f/2.8

f/2.8

Name:
    Tommy
    Edit My Images:
    No

:D

Yes that’s it. You resort to personal attack’s quite a lot. Would you say your an unhappy person in general?

22. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I think switching about is great, keeps it fresh. There's morons on here who think everyone is 'loyal' to a brand, or gets overly defensive about someone trying to slate what they use ... pfffft, it's lumps of plastic and metal, designed to aid us in the only real important part, capturing the image.

jonneymendoza likes this.
  23. SsSsSsSsSnake

SsSsSsSsSnake

Edit My Images:
    Yes
  24. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No

Did I ever tell you I used a Nikon D800E for a few years?

SsSsSsSsSnake likes this.
  25. f/2.8

f/2.8

Name:
    Tommy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    :D

Cagey75 likes this.
  26. SsSsSsSsSnake

SsSsSsSsSnake

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I’ve said it before and i’ll Say it again,
    I f...k..g love this forum :D

Cagey75 likes this.
  27. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    People have labelled me a fanboy in this thread when I was using Nikon and slating Sony but to me it's a badge, a logo, nothing more, I just want to use what performs the best for me. After using so many cameras I know all the systems weaknesses, none are perfect but I'll praise the all rounder that delivers during that gen, don't care who makes it.

F/1.4 and Cagey75 like this.
  28. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Go back to your Eos thread and stop eating all our snacks.

29. JJ!

JJ!

Edit My Images:
    No
    Will tell you tomorrow what I think of the A7iii lol.

Is silent shooting at 8fps a bit on a no go? Get strange distortion?

Cagey75 likes this.
  30. SsSsSsSsSnake

SsSsSsSsSnake

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I seem to recall you mentioned it once or twice :ROFLMAO:

Cagey75 and f/2.8 like this.
  31. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Don't do it for fast moving stuff.... People are okay though.

32. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Liar

33. SsSsSsSsSnake

SsSsSsSsSnake

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I haven’t had a Pentax so I don’t go in there :ROFLMAO:

34. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Pentax ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

35. SsSsSsSsSnake

SsSsSsSsSnake

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Exactly lol

36. SsSsSsSsSnake

SsSsSsSsSnake

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    So the England football team should be ok :D

jonneymendoza likes this.
  37. Raymond Lin

Raymond Lin

Name:
    Raymond
    Edit My Images:
    No
    It always baffles me how is Pentax still in business?

38. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No

If we all take a little time to step back, and really look at what we smack talk on ere, it is just that. Gear talk. I have no idea why anyone ever gets upset or angry about gear that we have no shares in! People seem to think for some reason I do, but it couldn't be further from the truth. I'll drop any make or model like a hot snot as soon as I get the urge for something else. Bit like my love life history ... Though, I am owned by one major brand atm ... :D

39. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Tbf though if I filled my bag with sand and salt water a Pentax is the most likely camera to survive... Their weather sealing is insane.

40. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Dump it all and buy the a7iii. trust me.