The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I’m not going to sleep tonight until I find out about the voices :banghead::banghead::facepalm::sleep:

The voices are nothing. There was another guy there living two different lives. I mentioned it to him one day and he was completely shocked as he'd never realised. I later met one of him in London too.

Last edited:
The voices are nothing. There was another guy there living two different lives. I mentioned it to him one day and he was completely shocked as he'd never realised. I later met one of him in London too.
But you said it was you doing the voices,what voices did you do?:(

Think it must be me.off to bed to toss and turn and listen to imaginary voices or is it Alan in my head.

If you can remember the answer I would appreciate it as my mental ocd has kicked in.:grumpy:

Last time I was in London I met someone who sat behind me at Systime Computers. I was pretending to fix SMD drives but I can't remember what he was pretending to fix. Anyway, he started acting a little oddly and started to talk to the voices and then one day he was gone... When I met him again in London he seemed better and very pleased to see me. I left before he realised it was me doing the voices all those years ago.

I hear us.

Does anybody else want to know how and what voices Alan made ,ive tossed :rolleyes: and turned all night wondering about those voices.
What made you make the voices and how come he didn’t get the obvious it was you”.?

Last edited:
Does anybody else want to know how and what voices Alan made ,ive tossed :rolleyes: and turned all night wondering about those voices.
What made you make the voices and how come he didn’t get the obvious it was you”.?

In Russia the voices own YOU!

Afaik Alan also did voices for Oscar on Sesame Street, Spike from Gremlins, Duck from 'Don't hug me I'm scared' and Frank Oz in Trading Places

In Russia the voices own YOU!

Afaik Alan also did voices for Oscar on Sesame Street, Spike from Gremlins, Duck from 'Don't hug me I'm scared' and Frank Oz in Trading Places
Lol I can imagine,but as a serious discussion between consenting adults surely the geezer must have known Alan was doing voices,if not Alan must have suspected he was a nut and played up to him,I wonder if he could record some and put on here :confused:

This threads a funny place on a Friday evening. Personally I liked the bits about t’ big smoke.

Another shot with the canon 135mm f2 while away. My adapter doesn’t work so everything has to be shot wide open (what a shame) and with manual focus.

981EF861-1CF6-419B-9861-4E6A6CB4D43D.jpeg

I also took the sigma 50mm art lens with me. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with that lens right now. It is rediculous. It’s so bloody sharp. So bloody huge too.

So can 70-200 GM owners check this for me?

This is my start up and shut down noise...

View: https://youtu.be/VfTvY6c8DDQ

A bit later but if it helps mine makes that noise too, normal on this lens for what I have seen.
Having said that the noise is barely noticeable, it sounds so much worst on your video...I assume mic was very close when recording the video?

Last edited:
First world problem - I keep forgetting that when getting a camera, you end up ordering a lot of other stuff to go with it

Screen protector
Strap
Extra spare battery
Grip

Luckily I have a spare protector and also a small rig L-bracket not used. Still need a spare battery and will figure something out about the Strap.

Alan said he spooked a work colleague by making voices and the guy went nuts but he won't say wat voices or how the guy got deceived

I used to talk to him (I was the only one who did) but rarely got a conversation out of him as he was well on the way then. We had a laugh (or maybe just me) but I'm sure I didn't contribute to his issues and he seemed much better, a different person really, when we met again years later. I was in London for an interview and he was working for the company, I was offered the job but I didn't take it. I went on to work in the industry for DPCE/Granada for another 12 years. Dunno where he is now, there's no trace of that company any more. Back then the computer industry was very high pressure and stressful and probably still is, can't blame anyone for having a breakdown or three or for having a few conversations with people I couldn't see or hear :D

Last edited:
Am at a British Canoeing event at the Olympic venue.
Official togs all with Nikon’s and canons. Mainly 300mm & 400mm primes attached, but some longer zooms too. I wonder how long before Sony release a 300mm f2.8

So first go with the A7iii and 70-200 today. Felt a bit odd at first without a grip. Defiantly stands out more than the D750. Lots of comments about how that must be an expensive cameta!

Tried some silent shooting too. Seems really wired not really knowing how many pics you take.

8fps is fast lol. Took far too many photos.

Was a little bit of hunting. Seemed to struggle to get focus on the horse indoors sometimes. I know there is not a huge definition on his brown coat but not had this before.

EVF is not quite as good as I want it to be indoors. It’s not laggy or anything but indoors it the lighting I was in it was a bit poor.

Anyway, just going to look at images and see how the wife likes them lol

I used to talk to him (I was the only one who did) but rarely got a conversation out of him as he was well on the way then. We had a laugh (or maybe just me) but I'm sure I didn't contribute to his issues and he seemed much better, a different person really, when we met again years later. I was in London for an interview and he was working for the company, I was offered the job but I didn't take it. I went on to work in the industry for DPCE/Granada for another 12 years. Dunno where he is now, there's no trace of that company any more. Back then the computer industry was very high pressure and stressful and probably still is, can't blame anyone for having a breakdown or three or for having a few conversations with people I couldn't see or hear :D
Where's the bit on the voices,wat sort of voices did you make,why didn't he know it was you,I'm about to lose wat little sanity I have left if I don't find out o_O

I took my A7 and 28-70mm out today but only took one picture when Mrs WW asked me to take her picture if she jumped :D

1-DSC01642-C1.jpg

Silent shooting is dangerous. Although only shooting 8fps I have come back with waaaaaaaaaay too many photos.

Well this is costing me a fortune going round all these threads!!!

Decided to join the Sony guys for a try now after being through the Canon and Fuji sections so just purchased an A7III with the Sigma MC-11 for now.

Amazed at how well it seems to work with a lot of the Canon primes in decent light but will add a dedicated Sony lens soon i hope.

Well this is costing me a fortune going round all these threads!!!

Decided to join the Sony guys for a try now after being through the Canon and Fuji sections so just purchased an A7III with the Sigma MC-11 for now.

Amazed at how well it seems to work with a lot of the Canon primes in decent light but will add a dedicated Sony lens soon i hope.

Some lenses are better than others but pretty crazy how well canon lenses work on a non canon camera.

Back