The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

My bet is that probably it will be lens.
Wide angles
or finally APS-C Emount (when you think about it they haven't release nothing since E 18-105 F4, if I am correct)

I hope it's not a 135mm f1.8 zeiss. I'd have to pre order that.

Regarding apsc glass - would have made sense for it should have been announced along with the a6500.

I'm interested to know what sonys strategy is with their release cycle. Surely an a73 would be next in line?

Bought Dust Patrol fluid and swabs, some reviews claim eclipse is not suitable for Sony no idea if true but first ever wet clean feels risky lol

The reason I asked for links is last Tuesday I had a fall on pavement ended up with ambulance ride and 3 lots of dissolving stitches near my right eye so struggling a bit seeing reviews and on Saturday I hope I go Scotland for a week with luck I can use my left eye or LCD if out of focus then tough luck

Thanks Alan for your help call me a coward :(
Update on above the dust patrol came yesterday one quick painless swab clean job done worked easy for me if anyone looking for same dust issue o_O

i use Visible dust stuff, works a treat probably same stuff as yours. I bought 2 bigger vials of it and 30 swabs, i must admit the sensor does get dusty quick, god knows how that Massive MF Fuji will perform that sensor is massive, right dust magnet.

I reg blow mine with a rocket ooo errr, but no matter what i try/do, i always see 1 spot on photos. annoys me sometimes.. Dont get this issue on the D500 its just clean...

Go for electric they say you'll be able to go wrong way on one way roads and I think avoid pollution charges in several cities ;)

I'm not sure going from a Golf R to a Nissan Leaf is something I could hack for a minute, never mind a few years!

Lol just thinking of the song for the leaf. The answer my friend is blowing in the wind, not sure if that's the leaf or the wind turbines sounds a rosy future think I fancy a jet pack and umbrella

Is it just me who reads sexual innuendo into 99% of the posts on this site?

Last edited:
Golf R to a leaf... what!!! :eek:
I couldn't give up my R.
It's currently got a broken front bumper grill and ACC sensor housing at the mo :( tut

I brought a new audi a3 sportback. Just waiting on the Sony a9 70mp camera to come so I can take a pic of it using all that detail

Wouldn't a cat be a bigger test? Think of all that fur detail.... actually you could get your seats covered with cat and get it all covered in one shot :D

I'm still playing with Nik and settling on some presets for different stuff like landscape, buildings etc... I think I like a touch of warmth. This was taken about 22:00 in low light.

Last edited:
Golf R to a leaf... what!!! :eek:
I couldn't give up my R.
It's currently got a broken front bumper grill and ACC sensor housing at the mo :( tut

Heh. That needs to go back to VW to be recalibrated, which ain't cheap! (I've had a similar issue).

I genuinely don't know what can do the job the R does, so capably, at anywhere near the same price range. I was thinking a M140i, but, I dunno. Any suggestions?! :D

Question, does the Sigma adaptor for Canon lenses work on non-Sigma Canon mount glass?

If you are talking about Sigma MC-11 yes.
Don't expect lightning fast focus, especially in dim light, but it works very good.
Very usable. I use it with Canon EF 24-70 F/2.8 II and very happy. That lens on A7RII deliver amazing details.

Heh. That needs to go back to VW to be recalibrated, which ain't cheap! (I've had a similar issue).

I genuinely don't know what can do the job the R does, so capably, at anywhere near the same price range. I was thinking a M140i, but, I dunno. Any suggestions?! :D

What about the new MY2018 Golf R facelift?? :D

310bhp
7-speed DSG
TFT dash
revised front and rear bumpers & lights
updated interior with bucket seat option
different alloy wheel options

Last edited:
I am planning to keep mine until the MK8 arrives :D but the thought of a performance saloon does appeal... perhaps the next M3 which has x-drive :).
The new RS3 saloon looks nice but the boot isn't big enough, I just get away with the Golf R for boot space.

M140i is probably best bet. the M340 is down on BHP but with a Msport PLUS pack on they look kinda not too bad.

Ive just turned down a brand new M4, loved the car like a bullet but i work at home and don't go anywhere much really, i did have the A45 AMG for 14months running 420BHP which was mega fast but again money just going down the drain.
If you fancy the 45 try Carwow guy in chesterfield can do them now with 6 to 8 k off List which is a good deal, would come close to a specced up M140I

I wont touch a VAG car, there nicked to order in Leeds masked guys smashing doors in and nicking keys, had loads go missing Tiguans/S3s/Golf Rs/Q3s all masked raiders, coppers cant nail gang yet. Hence why i never got the RS3 couldn't sleep at night.

Think next 1 for me will be the M4 C63S or another Facelift A45 which will run 400BHP stock.
Peugeot have a manic 450+ BHP beast coming soon, as well as my current car JCW Mini there 300BHP car comes out which in essence is a 360BHP car due to Power to weight Mini only weighs 1290kg as opposed to my 45 and the golf which are 1500+ cars..that will be fun Its 4wd too.

Car thieves do seem to love VAG products, not sure why exactly.

I'd like to try a BMW next, tempted by the RWD and Mercs just don't do anything for me at all.

I never clean my car so don't take photos of it either :(

I'm with you on the RWD i had an e350 whilst i waited the 8 months for the 45, and it was like having 2 bars of soap on the rear, also another reason why i didn't get the M4 yet!!

I do like VAG cars and nearly bought the S3, but i got a deal on the 45 so went that way, M135 was an option for me too nice car that very torquey.
Wish the thieves would pack it in id love an RS6 LOL

RWD... you want to try a Lotus Elise in the snow :D

Most of my cars have been RWD roadsters some good in difficult conditions and some verging on undriveable but to be honest a lot of it is down to tyres.

And just to keep this on the topic... that being Sony cameras....

I find that a well handling car gives me confidence that my Sony A7 and 35mm f2.8 will arrive safely both at the photographic destination and then home again.

:D

I've just been looking at an A6xxx in the classifieds and various similar cameras and lenses at dealers but having looked at the various options on the Compact Camera Meter thingy...

http://camerasize.com/compact/#691.395,691.87,691.85,691.410,579.394,487.395,ha,b

these cameras are only an EVF hump smaller so I'm beginning to question the whole idea of having a slightly smaller APS-C camera and lenses.

Does having an A7 + an A6xxx make sense to anyone? I suppose the A6xxx series could offer faster performance or better video features, I don't know... but for reasons of size I'm beginning to think it's not really worth it.

I've just been looking at an A6xxx in the classifieds and various similar cameras and lenses at dealers but having looked at the various options on the Compact Camera Meter thingy...

http://camerasize.com/compact/#691.395,691.87,691.85,691.410,579.394,487.395,ha,b

these cameras are only an EVF hump smaller so I'm beginning to question the whole idea of having a slightly smaller APS-C camera and lenses.

Does having an A7 + an A6xxx make sense to anyone? I suppose the A6xxx series could offer faster performance or better video features, I don't know... but for reasons of size I'm beginning to think it's not really worth it.

Mmmmm sell the A7 and the M4/3 toy camera and get a A7RII and some quality native lenses, job done! ;)

Car thieves do seem to love VAG products, not sure why exactly.

I'd like to try a BMW next, tempted by the RWD and Mercs just don't do anything for me at all.

I never clean my car so don't take photos of it either :(
I tried the BMW. It's just not as pleasant and smooth like an audi. The Mercedes a class also is crap

Have you guys considered a Jag?

As I'd never had a big fat saloon I thought I'd give one a try and so drove the usual suspects from Merc and BMW and Lexus and didn't like them. I was on the verge of giving up when just on a whim I tried a V8 S Type and thought it was fantastic. The styling wasn't for everyone but the way it rode and handled was sublime (for a saloon) and easily better than any Merc or BMW I tried. I drove that S like a sports car and really could chuck it about on the twisties up here. I kept it over 3 years which at the time was a long time for me.

Mmmmm sell the A7 and the M4/3 toy camera and get a A7RII and some quality native lenses, job done! ;)

I dunno. I can hardly get out on my own these days so buying a new camera doesn't seem worthwhile, but hoping for some free time soon. Family keep threatening to give me a break but they never actually follow through.

Have you guys considered a Jag?

As I'd never had a big fat saloon I thought I'd give one a try and so drove the usual suspects from Merc and BMW and Lexus and didn't like them. I was on the verge of giving up when just on a whim I tried a V8 S Type and thought it was fantastic. The styling wasn't for everyone but the way it rode and handled was sublime (for a saloon) and easily better than any Merc or BMW I tried. I drove that S like a sports car and really could chuck it about on the twisties up here. I kept it over 3 years which at the time was a long time for me.

Still got another 18 months on my cheap lease deal so I haven't really started looking yet but I have driven the Jag 3 series competitor (XE) and didn't like the interior. Nice drive though and probably the sportiest in its class.

Back