The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

No its noisy, an X100 at ISO2000 and above is ALWAYS going to be noisy. @SsSsSsSsSnake needs to learn how to control his excitement and use a lower shutter speed, allowing a lower ISO!!!!
truer had it on program because I was trying to concentrate on the show and couldn't be bothered to be careful.on my Mac it looks ok anyway .its the memory that counts

Not sure how true this is, but I've just seen this on Facebook. If it's as good as Tamron are saying it is, that's a great price!

Capture.PNG

So..what next?

what are some other good lens options

90mm 2.8 - Macro
35mm 2.8 ZA - small street..
50mm 1.8 ZA - because everyone should have one?

So, i switched to Sony(kind of) i have replaced my 5d2 backup with the a7iii and metabones adapter, first impressions are great apart from the lack of support thus far from lightroom! I did my usual paid work with it yesterday and although a bit of a gamble the jpegs are looking great! The 120fps full HD video looks amazing! I may get rid of the 5d mk3 for the R version but my concerns are with weather sealing using the metabones, has anyone got any experience on this?

Looking for options to have fun with...

I can get three lenses for £2000, that's the used cost of my cheapest Leica lens.

that wide angle zoom might be worth a look too

For fun you should get the canon EF 50mm F1 (not to be mistaken with the less fun f1.2 version) adapt it to your A9 and let us know how good eye-AF is :D

If it like UWA try the Sony 12-24mm or the widest lens available voigtlander 10mm/5.6 :D

Last edited:
I’m heading back from the Photography Show now. Kept my wallet in my pocket but the A7iii is seriously impressive. I was shooting continuous with the silent shutter and the only hint of any blackout was a split second between images. I also used the A9 alongside it and the AF is definitely on par and anyone that says the blackout-free EVF on the A9 is a defining feature and justifies the cost may be seriously surprised. Personally, the tiny amount of flicker (rather than blackout) on the 7iii is short enough to not even really register. Definitely impressed and will be watching the prices over the next few weeks. I also shot the Samyang 35/2.8 on an A7Riii (my friends’ I was with) and the AF was also excellent. I see why people choose it over the Sony equivalent and it was up for £225 today.

I need to get Yuffie down to the beach for some better backgrounds :) ooo and sand spray..

Incredible Flying Dog by dancook1982, on Flickr

Thats an impressive shot at 400mm, might have to pull the trigger on the FE 100-400mm GM eventually :D lol

Sony GAS list as follows:-

Sony Zeiss FE 35mm f2.8
Sony FE 135mm f1.8 G Master
Sony FE 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 G Master
Sony 90mm f2.8 G Macro
Second Sony body + Grip

:D

Thats an impressive shot at 400mm, might have to pull the trigger on the FE 100-400mm GM eventually :D lol

Sony Zeiss FE 35mm f2.8
Sony 90mm f2.8 G Macro
Second Sony body + Grip

You missed;

- New shelf to hold extra kit (permanently)
- Extra dusters
- Pledge cleaning spray

[emoji6]

Sony Zeiss FE 35mm f2.8
Sony 90mm f2.8 G Macro
Second Sony body + Grip

What no 400mm GM?
You are lacking gas :D

I’m heading back from the Photography Show now. Kept my wallet in my pocket but the A7iii is seriously impressive. I was shooting continuous with the silent shutter and the only hint of any blackout was a split second between images. I also used the A9 alongside it and the AF is definitely on par and anyone that says the blackout-free EVF on the A9 is a defining feature and justifies the cost may be seriously surprised. Personally, the tiny amount of flicker (rather than blackout) on the 7iii is short enough to not even really register. Definitely impressed and will be watching the prices over the next few weeks. I also shot the Samyang 35/2.8 on an A7Riii (my friends’ I was with) and the AF was also excellent. I see why people choose it over the Sony equivalent and it was up for £225 today.

Can we keep informed comments like this off the forum please?! I was feeling perfectly happy with my a7RII, even after shooting motorsport in the snow, but now I'm very intrigued by the a7III.

Back