The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Arrrr but they'll fit their existing lens mount, which will then make it a more appealing acquisition than Sony

One advantage with Sony is that they work just like my DVD player, so that saves brain energy. If I had a Canon I'd be worried about toner leaking out on my shirt while I was taking pictures.

Arrrr but they'll fit their existing lens mount, which will then make it a more appealing acquisition than Sony

It's just semantics anyway with lens mounts. Sony's E-mount flange depth is 18mm whereas Canon's EF mount is 44mm. As a result, Sony lenses will always be 26mm deeper than equivalent Canon lenses but Canon bodies will be 26mm deeper. Swings and roundabouts.

Whilst you all carry on with your comparisons of X vs Y and spec comparison / willy waving.

Some pictures for those of use who actually use our cameras ;)

DSC00379 by Paul Durbin, on Flickr

DSC00320 by Paul Durbin, on Flickr

DSC00445 by Paul Durbin, on Flickr

The Sony 85mm f1.8 is such a nice lens, love the photos and the 85mm focal length in general. Just goes to show you don't need the G Master for good results.

G master 85 going back for a full refund tomorrow.
Need to make a decision on whether to do the same with the canon considering the dust in the rear element.

F*** you paypal. Put my account on hold due to me selling over a certain amount money.

A7R3 on hold whilst I have to 'identify' myself. ITS MY MONEY YOU t***s. GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

G master 85 going back for a full refund tomorrow.
Need to make a decision on whether to do the same with the canon considering the dust in the rear element.

How about sell the Sony 100mm 2.8 STF and the Canon... then get a new Sony FE 85mm f1.4 G Master? :D

So as soon as paypal pull their finger out I will be ordering!

The difficulty of birds in flight, is not to get them in focus - it's to actually create a good photograph, well composed, good light etc..

I have so many birds in flight shots now, but it's hard to actually find any that would make the grade of 'acceptable' when it comes to things like composition and what I think is a good wing shape.. why can't the A9 do that for me.

Heron by dancook1982, on Flickr

Back