The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

You mean 8fps as 10fps is pretty much useless due to lack of live-view ;) lol :D

I think you're confused as Ive seen it being perfectly usable at 10FPS in the video I posted.

Hows your 5 fps In mechanical and for flash going? Also, doesn't your movie mode suck and that dynamic range at base ISO is pretty poor isn't it?

I think you're confused as Ive seen it being perfectly usable at 10FPS in the video I posted.

Hows your 5 fps In mechanical and for flash going? Also, doesn't your movie mode suck and that dynamic range at base ISO is pretty poor isn't it?

Not confused, just used to the totally silent black out free shooting of the Sony A9 with the better AF system. :D 60x faster as opposed to 20x.
I don't used the mechanical shutter much and when I do its only for single shots.
Don't use it for movies so and the base ISO is good enough..... :D

its a GAME CHANGER :D lol

I found 10fps unusable for moving subjects/panning tbh. For reasonably static it will be fine.

I found 10fps unusable for moving subjects/panning tbh. For reasonably static it will be fine.

Its usable for moving people, maybe not panning cars, I don't shoot cars and if I did, 8fps is still perfectly fine and more than the D850 without spending another £500? on a grip and a battery.

Not confused, just used to the totally silent black out free shooting of the Sony A9 with the better AF system. :D 60x faster as opposed to 20x.
I don't used the mechanical shutter much and when I do its only for single shots.
Don't use it for movies so and the base ISO is good enough..... :D

its a GAME CHANGER :D lol

60x faster than what?

I can use the ES as and when, not like anyone is going to be surprised by a shutter sound when they see a gigantic 35 1.4 on my camera. Its hardly discreet.

See, Id rather have the base ISO because of my PP style and 10fps flash plus the added £2600 in my pocket than 20fps silent shooting. Good thing is theres pretty much a choice for everyone now, so we can all be picky :)

Last edited:
Its usable for moving people, maybe not panning cars, I don't shoot cars and if I did, 8fps is still perfectly fine and more than the D850 without spending another £500? on a grip and a battery.

60x faster than what?

I can use the ES as and when, not like anyone is going to be surprised by a shutter sound when they see a gigantic 35 1.4 on my camera. Its hardly discreet.

See, Id rather have the base ISO because of my PP style and 10fps flash plus the added £2600 in my pocket than 20fps silent shooting. Good thing is theres pretty much a choice for everyone now, so we can all be picky :)

I was only trying to wind you up chap :).
Honestly the Sony A7 III is a cracking body,.... Nikon and Canon should be worried.
Sony seem to be really putting the pressure on now....... :)

Ultimate speed = Sony A9
Ultimate resolution = Sony A7R III
Ultimate sensitivity = Sony A7S III
Ultimate all-rounder = Sony A7 III

Honestly the Sony A7 III is a cracking body,.... Nikon and Canon should be worried.

I know, thats why I added the last bit, it all comes down to features we find important, after all, you could sell your A9 and be quids in. Sony has really done very well with the Mk3 offerings and I agree, Canikon should be worried, lets see what they reply with, especially at the 2k price point.

Last edited:
I know, thats why I added the last bit, it all comes down to features we find important, after all, you could sell your A9 and be quids in. Sony has really done very well with the Mk3 offerings and I agree, Canikon should be worried, lets see what they reply with, especially at the 2k price point.
I can't wait... my only worry is that if Nikon brought out a Nikon A9 killer I might get Nikon GAS attack! :eek: lol

I can't wait... my only worry is that if Nikon brought out a Nikon A9 killer I might get Nikon GAS attack! :eek: lol

We know Canon doesn't like cannibalising high end sales... Nikon being better in this area but they have no OSPDAF... unlike Canon. Plus Canon has openly said they will do mid/high mirrorless soon.

And it one swoop we have more Sony A7 III owners on here compared to the Sony A9 :D
Exciting times.... would love to hear reviews... any positives and negatives etc.
The Wilkson Camera's deal at £1700 was a steal.... I was soooo close to buying one!

And it one swoop we have more Sony A7 III owners on here compared to the Sony A9 :D
Exciting times.... would love to hear reviews... any positives and negatives etc.
The Wilkson Camera's deal at £1700 was a steal.... I was soooo close to buying one!

Very surprised you didnt.

Yes, I got mine from them thanks to @ohms12 :)

I was referring to someone walking tbh. I never said 8fps wasn't enough, and wasn't comparing it, just responding to the 10fps bit :p But whilst we're on it, grips are a rip off, and as for the genuine Nikon EL-EN18b battery and MH-26a charger they're just a joke imo.

Last edited:
While we're on the subject of Wilkson Cameras, anyone who's bought used from them, are the invoices done under a VAT margin scheme or is it reclaimable?

While we're on the subject of Wilkson Cameras, anyone who's bought used from them, are the invoices done under a VAT margin scheme or is it reclaimable?

AFAIK all of the used dealers use VAT margin scheme

Last edited:

Ultimate speed = Sony A9
Ultimate resolution = Sony A7R III
Ultimate sensitivity = Sony A7S III
Ultimate all-rounder = Sony A7 III

Nikon don’t need to worry yet IMO. Having used the D750 and A7R3 side by side I would pick up the Nikon every time.

I know that this is the Sony thread and that will get shot down in flames lol

Thats not a bad idea actually. Could sell for profit :D

Ha ha.. I did that a month ago having a play with that stupid fascination of crypto mining; bought a Graphics card new and sold it for 50% profit a few months later

BTW, I accidentally bought a new FE 100mm f2.8 the other day. Its all down to @addicknchips selling his and missing out as the kids were distracting me!

Last edited:
I was going from side to side. All I can give is my opinion from when I used it. I'm not saying it won't be fine for some situations and some folk, just wasn't for my situation and that's obviously what I had to base it on when making a decision (y)

Back