The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Dunno why anyone would give these cabinet space, not when there's so many lovely 35 and 50mm lenses out there.

PS.
Isn't the weather lovely!!!!! :D

We're supposed to be going up the hill soon if Mrs WW can get herself up and out, she's watching the footballists.

Last edited:
I cant justify that lens at all. if i was shooting sport as even part time then maybe.

I would probably still rent the lens for a f1 weekend though

I can't be bothered watching the vids, can someone who has tell me what the two "issues" are?

Last edited:
Will you replace batis 25 with Loxia 25 now? :D

I had the trioplan 100 didn't get along well with it. I like my trioplan 50 though

Probably get a loxia 25 as well as the batis; wife likes auofocus so also thinking 55mm, maybe next month.

As I like the 100 Trioplan bokeh shall keep it though I know its hardly the best, for me its fun to use

he probably diddnt install the new fw that came out today

I suppose it depends on when the lens became available and when the update became available. If the lens came first it not working reliably is surely a public relation coup.

What is the best way to send suggestions to Sony regarding firmware changes?

Deci I have a friend that works in Sony and one of his bosses is high up in Sonys UK cam division, I will see if that guy knows who would be best to forward it to !

This was the same guy that told me not to hold my breath on log and profiles for the A9 !

Deci I have a friend that works in Sony and one of his bosses is high up in Sonys UK cam division, I will see if that guy knows who would be best to forward it to !

This was the same guy that told me not to hold my breath on log and profiles for the A9 !
Me and Jonny had a big list which @jonneymendoza gave to Sony at the NEC Photography Show. I have also given the list to my local Camera Store who passed it onto their regional rep.
It would be great if we could get a more direct way of getting the list across to the right / best people within Sony. :)

Riz ordered 5 for the cabinet.
I wish, how much are they, any UK prices been confirmed yet? £12,000?

I have just moved house so no big Sony GAS stuff yet..... even canned the new car idea... however the home cinema / man cave project is in full swing at the moment. :D

Have to hand it to Sony for their marketing, they are doing a very good job in creating interest in their products etc.

Nope. diddnt have time last night.

but nowhere does it mention anti flicker

O Rly, did I say it did in the release notes? Whether it works or not I don't know, maybe a glitch. I think Sony will pull this FW.

See that right there?

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 11.17.22.png

Last edited:
O Rly, did I say it did in the release notes? Whether it works or not I don't know, maybe a glitch. I think Sony will pull this FW.

See that right there?

View attachment 129473
Its a bug a long with some other strange settings. :D lol.

The new Sony FE 400mm f2.8 G Master is going to retail for £10,499 :eek:

An insane price - firmly putting it in the pro's only market, or at least the very well-heeled amateurs...

I wonder if they'll do a 400mm f/5.6 to cater for lesser mortals? Pro's-only is a limited market for selling lenses.

Its to prove a point, not everyone can or will buy it, they have shown they can develop very high end kit and the big boys need to watch their back.

The Canon is £9500 and the Nikon £10500, so about right.

Last edited:
Hmm more new lens but my camera not been out for 3 month been that busy. I do hope get back into it very soon miss the Sony

Back