The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Just a quick question. The 70-200 GM makes some strange noise when I turn on the camera. Hard to describe the noise other than it’s a strange kind of vibration rattle buzz lol

Normal?

Are you sure it isn’t the sensor cleaning sounds louder with a longer lens

Those are ef and f mount right? Enjoy them on your adapted 3fps milc. ;)

Why haven't you bought your canikon yet? Found the weaknesses in them have you.

If transfer me £5K I'll happily do so.

I am not made of money unfortunately. I rely on used market greatly. Same reason I still don't own a sigma 35mm ART.

Guessing he is putting on the white gloves and putting the dust extractor on full before the cabinet is opened?!

I'd expect a nice shirt, tie, trousers and shoes and a decent hair cut too. In fact this event demands a full make over.

No idea why but when you post photos to here the colour completely s***s itself and they look like they were shot in potato vision even though its a 2048px image.

Yep - flickr shots are the same, they go all soft and not sharp!

Yep - flickr shots are the same, they go all soft and not sharp!

Just deleted them, pointless to post when the colour isn't even the same and it looks shot on 2mp point and shoot

I posted some shots in the D750 thread yesterday and they lost quality too. Shame really.

A photography forum that doesn't support even a low res, small file at 1mb. Ah well, we can always talk about single card slots and 1.8X crop factor 4k video

Can a moderator let me know why a small file when put on here looks 10x worse ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JJ!
Oh, Its E not FE ???

Last edited:
No idea why but when you post photos to here the colour completely s***s itself and they look like they were shot in potato vision even though its a 2048px image.

It's a shame we can't really post meaningful 100% crops and I've noticed the colour vandalism too so I'd rather take someones word over what's posted here.

Only used my latest lens twice and seem to have GAS

Any thoughts on the 65mm voigtlander? Gets a cracking review here:
https://phillipreeve.net/blog/voigtlander-65-f2-apo-macro-review/

From many reports it seems to be a very nice lens. AFAIK it's not 1:1 but that may not matter.

I have their less good but still very good 40mm f1.2 and their opinion splitting 35mm f1.4 which I think is very good with a couple of caveats.

PS.
It is a FF lens if that's your worry.

Have you ever damaged a sensor changing a lens? If you did damage the filter wouldn't the cost be similar to replacing the damaged shutter?

Less likely a flying grain of sand would damage a shutter, I imagine. By design they're mechanical and robust. Id rather my shutter facing the elements than my sensor.

Dunno about more modern shutters but the one in my Bessa was very delicate. I was loading film once when it slipped out of my grasp and shot between the shutter blades and that was it... banjaxed by a flying piece of 35mm film.

I asked if this had happened to anyone else and the reply was "Oh yes..."

Last edited:
Less likely a flying grain of sand would damage a shutter, I imagine. By design they're mechanical and robust. Id rather my shutter facing the elements than my sensor.

Again, what happens when the shutter opens? It doesn't make particles disappear.

Last edited:
Back