The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

na i dont have the 70-200 gm. been debating it but i already have the 100-400 GM :)

Anyways does anyone know where i can buy spare hot shoe cover for my A7r3? I lost mine

The FE 100-400mm GM would like nice in my cupboard mmm :D
You can buy them off Amazon UK, plenty on there :)

Just seen an A7R2 in CEX for £1300 2nd hand.

and I have a new credit card......................

Mustn't be tempted.

Not from there anyway.

Why do they always leave the body cap off to expose the sensor?

No one in their right mind's going to buy one if that's how they "look after" their stock.

Mustn't be tempted.

Not from there anyway.

No one in their right mind's going to buy one if that's how they "look after" their stock.

To show no one's nicked it, not that any of their clientele are of dubious character

Mustn't be tempted.

Not from there anyway.

Not far off the panamoz new price.

Is the AF when using a Nikon lens and an adapter as bad as people say? I've heard lots say it, but none of them have actually used it..

I am pleased to advise that the following order is now ready to collect at our London store:

Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Sony FE mount

Cheers [emoji1635]

@JJ! - did you did you say you were local to mpb? They have 4 in stock, so you might be able to go compare it against them.

It does sound loud in your video but it's all relative. I heard it on my phone and it seemed normal but on my computer its much louder.

I didn't have any issues with the noise. It was slightly louder than the my previous 70-200mm f4. So just thought they used similar gearing inside.

Just watched this video, not checked mine yet but I don’t think yours sounds healthy at all. :(
Will check shortly but I’m certain they don’t sound like this having owned two.

Video probably sounds louder and remember phone is quite close to the lens.

Checked against one in Jessops and it also made same noise. Be interested to know if yours does if doesn’t!

Mustn't be tempted.

Not from there anyway.

Always my thought when I go in there,idiots

@JJ! - did you did you say you were local to mpb? They have 4 in stock, so you might be able to go compare it against them.

It does sound loud in your video but it's all relative. I heard it on my phone and it seemed normal but on my computer its much louder.

I didn't have any issues with the noise. It was slightly louder than the my previous 70-200mm f4. So just thought they used similar gearing inside.

Yeah I think it’s normal but people on here are now making me doubt things!

Tried 2 different lenses on 2 bodies and all combos make the noise!!

Just tested mine and as I suspected, mine is silent apart from when half pressing the shutter which drives the AF motors.
Are you running the latest firmware?

Just tested mine and as I suspected, mine is silent apart from when half pressing the shutter which drives the AF motors.
Are you running the latest firmware?
you have a special lens or every one else's lens is exactly the opposite :p

The AF is (near) silent. But it makes noise when turned on. My 70-200 f4 did it, plenty of a-mount Sony lenses do it. I have seen it on many Sony lenses.

As JJ! Mentioned the sound is probably amplified in the recording but it's there for sure. Even on new lenses.

Last edited:

Ahhh so it's only when on and off, I thought you were racking focus and it was grinding like that. If the one in Jessops does the same thing it's probably fine and a characteristic.

you have a special lens or every one else's lens is exactly the opposite [emoji14]

The AF is (near) silent. But it makes noise when turned on. My 70-200 f4 did it, plenty of a-mount Sony lenses do it. I have seen it on many Sony lenses.

As JJ! Mentioned the sound is probably amplified in the recording but it's there for sure. Even on new lenses.

Just re-tested it. [emoji4]
Yes, I can confirm the noise is there but that’s normal when you turn on and off the body.
It sounds a lot worse on the video so I had to put my ear closer to hear it.

It’s normal [emoji4]

Just re-tested it. [emoji4]
Yes, I can confirm the noise is there but that’s normal when you turn on and off the body.
It sounds a lot worse on the video so I had to put my ear closer to hear it.

It’s normal [emoji4]

Yes just when power on and off! Video sounds worse as phone was close to lens!

Yes just when power on and off! Video sounds worse as phone was close to lens!

It’s one beast of a lens the GM.
In fact, they all are, lol :D
Hopefully we see the FE 24mm f1.4 GM and FE 135mm f1.8 GM announced later this month :D
GAS is bubbling following the Fuji XT-3 announcement :)

Now what focus to use. Spot, flexi spot, flexi spot small etc etc so many choices!

Back