The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I’ve got to say the advancements made in the A73, for its price, it’s ahead of anything I expect from a camera, if the A9 and A7R3 came after it, I’d think it would’ve had an even bigger impact

Yeah them London dudes got some expendables (n)

AH that explains it, you get paid like 10x your worth in London, though it costs 6x to live there to begin with and they're still all miserable :D

Kidding btw lads, though I have been to London 6 times now, and it does have a 'certain' vibe ... :cautious:

Last time was to see the mighty MAIDEN :plus1:

Last edited:
Again, what happens when the shutter opens? It doesn't make particles disappear.

No, but if you're in a situation where a sudden gust blows sand into your open camera body you can keep it turned off until you get to your car and give it a good clean out with a rocket blower. It also stops wayward fingers or anything else from touching it. I cannot fathom how you can try to paint this feature as anything but a positive and sensible one by Canon. I've definitely been doing more sensor cleans since adopting a camera system where the sensor is far more exposed.

I hate to interrupt the big love in but Melanie Safka is on my mind and even though she's still alive I'm channeling her spirit, right now...

"Look what you've done to my thread guys
Look what you've done to my thread
Well it's a Sony thread not a handbag fight
and I'd hate to read that all night, guys
Lets drop the handbags and move on..."

:D

Looks like it's quiet now and all lovie dovie again... good.

Last edited:
Kidding btw lads, though I have been to London 6 times now, and it does have a 'certain' vibe ... :cautious:

Last time was to see the mighty MAIDEN :plus1:

Last time I was in London I met someone who sat behind me at Systime Computers. I was pretending to fix SMD drives but I can't remember what he was pretending to fix. Anyway, he started acting a little oddly and started to talk to the voices and then one day he was gone... When I met him again in London he seemed better and very pleased to see me. I left before he realised it was me doing the voices all those years ago.

Last edited:
Last time I was in London I met someone who sat behind me at Systime Computers. I was pretending to fix SMD drives but I can't remember what he was pretending to fix. Anyway, he started acting a little oddly and started to talk to the voices and then one day he was gone... When I met him again in London he seemed better and very pleased to see me. I left before he realised it was me doing the voices all those years ago.
o_O

Ah, Melanie. I have a CD of hers, well, it's not actually hers it's mine. I bought it.

One thing about the computer industry back then was that it was quite a small community and we pretty much all knew each other and a surprising number of us had "issues" to deal with even if we didn't know it. I've met people I worked with at one company or another all over the place :D These days just about anyone thinks they can fix a computer.

Alan
hang on,I can’t leave this hanging.what exactly are you on about Alan.are you skilled in ventriloquisam.? What voices was he talking to.have you been on the scotch. Lol,I really am confused here.(n)

One thing about the computer industry back then was that it was quite a small community and we pretty much all knew each other and a surprising number of us had "issues" to deal with even if we didn't know it. I've met people I worked with at one company or another all over the place :D These days just about anyone thinks they can fix a computer.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Are you still dealing with them ?:LOL::ROFLMAO:

But you’ve still not explained the voices?
Is it me?:D:D

Lots of techy people were a bit odd back then. I don't think anyone who worked at Systime would have passed for normal, not for long anyway.

Was yours buying up the last remaining stock of MF 35 and 50 lenses:p
I think I've stopped. I haven't bought one for over a week now.

Back