The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I've read that the 28mm f2 has quite a bit of distortion which is corrected in camera or via a lens profile and ends up looking ok unless you pixel peep and see the effect those corrections have.

Is that the case or is it better than that.

If I do get to go on holiday I'll take my A7 and very probably the 35mm f2.8 or maybe the Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 and I'll take my Panasonic TZ100 1" compact for the wider and longer shots and for when the A7 is too obvious.

My search for the Sigma 135mm 1.8 Art is over, one “opened box used” just popped up at Wex so I could use my p/ex credit that they only confirmed this morning. I’m happy despite having the worst man cold since the dawn of time.

Last edited:
My search for the Sigma 135mm 1.8 Art is over, one “opened box used” just popped up at Wex so I could use my p/ex credit that they only confirmed this morning. I’m happy despite having the worst man cold since the dawn of time.

brilliant lens. probably the sharpest non-macro lens I have used. big though but that's obviously not a concern for you.

I wasn't expecting this for at least a month.

MUzW7nW.jpg

OMG [emoji44] that is Mega Thread!
Considering to join Sony family and buy Sony A7III- mainly for landscape. Looking for some advice, tips. Would like to know what lenses you use. I guess I am in the right place?

How many shots have you taken with both to compare?

I asked about the 28mm again in a wedding photographers group on Facebook this morning and quite a few recommended the Samyang as a light weight wide option. Pretty much everyone said the 28mm wasn't very good.

together? - none

I have owned them at different points in time. Been a long time since I had the FE28. I currently own samyang 24mm/2.8

They either haven't used it or don't know what they are talking about or they don't like software corrections for distortion.

Its a sharp lens, its easy enough to find one in shops if you want to try one out.

LCE.

I actually pre-order the Sigma too but they STILL don't have that in stock so I switched when this was annouced.

Will give them a call.

Just noticed a few places showing today as the release date, but nobody seems to be showing stock.

Will give them a call.

Just noticed a few places showing today as the release date, but nobody seems to be showing stock.

I think I may have matched your spending this month

24GM
A73 + bits and pieces like strap, leather case
13" MBP with i7, 16G RAM, 512 SSD. + case, USB-C SD card reader

I think I may have matched your spending this month

24GM
A73 + bits and pieces like strap, leather case
13" MBP with i7, 16G RAM, 512 SSD. + case, USB-C SD card reader

:D

Was trying to keep this month spends on gear under 2k but now that the 24GM is available, who knows. :banghead:

:D

Was trying to keep this month spends on gear under 2k but now that the 24GM is available, who knows. :banghead:

I may not be done yet, contemplating getting a trigger and a flash + spare battery for my trip next week.

But the 105/1.4 will have to go on hold until next year though.

I may not be done yet, contemplating getting a trigger and a flash + spare battery for my trip next week.

But the 105/1.4 will have to go on hold until next year though.

I have a couple of bits I will still need to get but not so much for work, although I could be tempted with an A9 and the 24mm GM, but doing my best to keep temptation at bay.

I am also looking some lighter lenses for when I am travelling not sure yet what to get, was originally thinking a 55 f/1.8 and something wider but now might just get a a 35mm f/2.8 and keep the 85 f/1.8.

Will probably get a 70-200 but will probably leave that till after the new year. I might even just get the f/4 version as I rarely use it but I like them for outdoor ceremonies.

Lensvid interviewed Sony at Photokina. Here are some key info:

1) 50% of the Full Frame market share in Europe. And Number 1 worldwide.
2) Sony is thinking about a solution on how to reintegrate the Playmemories APP function.
3) If customers will request the integration of a top lcd screen we will add it on future cameras
4) New A to E-mount adapter development is not planned

Back