The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

The 24GM really is small.

It is the same height as the Canon, much lighter to a point I think "where has all this money gone?"

It reminds me of the size to the 85/1.8 FE actually, with the hood on the Canon is much bigger, but it seems Sony's hood is almost the same but it was sliced off half way.

5ZKTbRh.jpg

abfjZKV.jpg

6eCaUVP.jpg

It is the same height as the Canon, much lighter to a point I think "where has all this money gone?"

It reminds me of the size to the 85/1.8 FE actually, with the hood on the Canon is much bigger, but it seems Sony's hood is almost the same but it was sliced off half way.

5ZKTbRh.jpg

abfjZKV.jpg

6eCaUVP.jpg

It looks lush :D

5ZKTbRh.jpg

abfjZKV.jpg

6eCaUVP.jpg

Shiny

5ZKTbRh.jpg

abfjZKV.jpg

6eCaUVP.jpg

Looks decent!

In that case back up your sweeping statement with proof, here's three from me taken with the 28mm......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stuartbrown/40800100102/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stuartbrown/39351694745/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stuartbrown/40800311272/

now your turn.

Catch a grip. My turn :LOL:

First of all you shot them on a crop sensor. Second of all they're all stopped down to f/3,000,000 (being humorous) all lenses at that F stop are sharp lol

I’m not risking it 2 days before a wedding....just in case.

its generally good idea to leave it for a couple weeks in case there are issues. That's what i would do if my camera was linked to my livelihood

though i know a professional who updates immediately. he is part of sony pro support, he thinks he can get immediate support if there are issues. not sure how true that is...

Last edited:
[QUOTE
fw.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Have they allowed the histogram to be visible at the same time as the electronic level in the EVF?

If not, no good for me either

OMG
emoji44.png
that is Mega Thread!
Considering to join Sony family and buy Sony A7III- mainly for landscape. Looking for some advice, tips. Would like to know what lenses you use. I guess I am in the right place?

For me a Loxia 25 or 21mm to start. One of them, and the 85mm.

OMG [emoji44] that is Mega Thread!
Considering to join Sony family and buy Sony A7III- mainly for landscape. Looking for some advice, tips. Would like to know what lenses you use. I guess I am in the right place?

I'd really like to try one of the Voigtlander wide angles for Landscape etc

OMG [emoji44] that is Mega Thread!

The lenses depends on what sort of landscapes you shoot.
Mid range zoom I would say the 24-105 f4 plenty sharp enough espically at traditional landscape apertures and a very handy focal length - rally impressed with mine. You can push the boat out and get the 24-70 GM or there is the Tamron 28-75ish? that gets good reviews.

WIde angle = if you want a zoom the obivous choice would be the 16-35 either the f4 or the f2.8 GM depending on your budget.
If you happy with MF on the wide angle end it can include the Zeiss Loxia 21mm, Laowa 15mm f2 and the Voigtlander 15mm f4.5 all excellent lenses.

Telephoto end you have the obvious 70-200 either the f4 or f2.8 but I good lightweight cheap option would be a 200mm f4 prime from Canon, Olympus etc can be had well under £100 along with a £20 adaptor you can get lovely results at f8-f11.

Personally I went with the Sony 24-105 f4, Zeiss Loxia 21mm, a Laowa 15mm for Astro (a 16-35 would probably make more sense but I really fancied the Loxia 21mm) and I have a Olympus 200mm f4. I do have the Sony 100-400 but if Im walking any distance I normally take the Olympus it does suffer from a lack of contrast and CA but both can overcome in post.

Catch a grip. My turn :LOL:

First of all you shot them on a crop sensor. Second of all they're all stopped down to f/3,000,000 (being humorous) all lenses at that F stop are sharp lol
Ok you want sharp and wide open, then look HERE, scroll down and you will find some.

Guess what they're taken with the same camera you use, an A9! (still waiting for your shots by the way) :LOL:

Ok you want sharp and wide open, then look HERE, scroll down and you will find some.

Guess what they're taken with the same camera you use, an A9! (still waiting for your shots by the way) :LOL:

Ken Rockwell. Jesus.

Swiss Toni, the lens is sooooo good that you're selling it

its generally good idea to leave it for a couple weeks in case there are issues. That's what i would do if my camera was linked to my livelihood

though i know a professional who updates immediately. he is part of sony pro support, he thinks he can get immediate support if there are issues. not sure how true that is...

I haven’t done mine for that reason but has there ever been a situation where a camera firmware update caused any major issues. I can’t remember ever hearing about one.

I haven’t done mine for that reason but has there ever been a situation where a camera firmware update caused any major issues. I can’t remember ever hearing about one.

I done both my A7IIIs lol. Was shooting yesterday and one of them just stopped working, no power etc. Didn't catch on for about 15 minutes but the grip had came loose o_O

6 months ago Nikon fan boys was adamant that the F-type mount is good enough for FF. So now it isn't?

Funny isn’t it, let’s see if Sony can continue to innovate and keep ahead of the competition.
I think Sony’s GM lenses are some of the best lenses out there. :)

I can't remember the exacts but I believe both Sony and Fuji had issues in past with firmware updates

Back