The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I still can't decided on what camera(s) to sell/keep, that's for sure. Compromises no matter which direction I go :confused:

Keep till you're sure it's the right move or buy try sell and keep your current till you've decided.

... Or sell, buy, try, decide, sell, buy other. Simple.

Hth :D

Keep till you're sure it's the right move or buy try sell and keep your current till you've decided.

... Or sell, buy, try, decide, sell, buy other. Simple.

Hth :D

For more than two years I was struggling to decide between Canon and Fuji, and then I added Sony to the mix... Seriously, what was I thinking?!

Yeah but that's where eye AF shines, although that is improved on the X-T3 and I don't know I have seen him use it.

I don’t think it will change his work much honestly. He tends to shoot golden hour, by windows, natural light. I guess we might see more bokeh?

31556729018_46e206bf86_b.jpg

Nice

I’m finding the e-infinity delivery a tad bizarre. 2 days from order to say it’s been processed, then another 2 days to say dispatched. 24-48 hours for tracking to work? If it had have been Panamoz, it would have been here by now. Maybe it was cheap because someone’s walking it to my door?

I’m finding the e-infinity delivery a tad bizarre. 2 days from order to say it’s been processed, then another 2 days to say dispatched. 24-48 hours for tracking to work? If it had have been Panamoz, it would have been here by now. Maybe it was cheap because someone’s walking it to my door?

Years ago with efinity was just an eBay shop they got lots of bad feedback for slow dispatch. Then people seemed to think that they carried no stock of anything. The way they worked was that when someone placed an order they would go out and source the stock this meant that every order had a delay while they searched for stock at the right price. A lot of the negative feedback they received was due too cancelled orders as if they couldn’t source the stock at the right price they just cancelled the order. Maybe they still operate in a similar way.

I might buy an A9.
Reading this has, for some reason, made me realise that I can't recall ever being quite so happy with a camera as I am with my A7R3.
I've had it for nearly 5 months now and it simply ticks all the boxes for me. It may not have the burst speed of my old 1Dx but it's adequate for my needs and doesn't tire me out carrying it.

It may not be as light as my Olympus m4/3 gear but the sensor is streets ahead in low light and extreme contrast situations and I now get more shots I'm happy with, often straight out of the box.
I find I do far less post-processing than I used to with the m4/3. One of the reasons I chose this body was the pixel density and the far greater ability to crop and still get the maximum pixels possible on my subject without the need to carry monster lenses which, at my age, I no longer can do.
Downside? Everything is so bloody expensive!

I'm sure you'll love your A9.

Reading this has, for some reason, made me realise that I can't recall ever being quite so happy with a camera as I am with my A7R3.
I've had it for nearly 5 months now and it simply ticks all the boxes for me. It may not have the burst speed of my old 1Dx but it's adequate for my needs and doesn't tire me out carrying it.

It may not be as light as my Olympus m4/3 gear but the sensor is streets ahead in low light and extreme contrast situations and I now get more shots I'm happy with, often straight out of the box.
I find I do far less post-processing than I used to with the m4/3. One of the reasons I chose this body was the pixel density and the far greater ability to crop and still get the maximum pixels possible on my subject without the need to carry monster lenses which, at my age, I no longer can do.
Downside? Everything is so bloody expensive!

I'm sure you'll love your A9.

That’s my trouble. I tried the A7R3 before I got the A73 and I just really liked the EVF for tracking etc. But the A7R3 was a bit overkill MP wise for sports so the A9 just makes sense for what I do!

That’s my trouble. I tried the A7R3 before I got the A73 and I just really liked the EVF for tracking etc. But the A7R3 was a bit overkill MP wise for sports so the A9 just makes sense for what I do!

I might get to use one today. I Still can’t justify the price though.

Years ago with efinity was just an eBay shop they got lots of bad feedback for slow dispatch. Then people seemed to think that they carried no stock of anything. The way they worked was that when someone placed an order they would go out and source the stock this meant that every order had a delay while they searched for stock at the right price. A lot of the negative feedback they received was due too cancelled orders as if they couldn’t source the stock at the right price they just cancelled the order. Maybe they still operate in a similar way.

I’ve not used them before, but it’s not too much of an issue, as my lenses won’t be with me until mid week anyway. They are however cheapest on the 85 gm which will be my next purchase if I’m happy with the camera.

What’s different with the A7R’s EVF? Eventually I’d like a higher res model to partner the A73.

I ordered an AR3 from Panamoz late Tuesday evening been tracking it and it has cleared customs, due for delivery 2pm Monday, when I saw it had dropped to a straight £2000 I could no longer resist.

I ordered an AR3 from Panamoz late Tuesday evening been tracking it and it has cleared customs, due for delivery 2pm Monday, when I saw it had dropped to a straight £2000 I could no longer resist.

Probably would have been with you by Friday but they had a public holiday mid week.

It's something like 800 quid more then a a7mk3 via panamoz?

£2500 is just a great price for what it offers! The A7R3 probably also useful for sports as still 18mp in crop but the A9 focussing is meant to be something else.

Back