The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

To be more precise, those settings are 7 stops under correct exposure for my room.

Does it not amplify the view in the same way, or just not as much latitude? That wouldn’t great for the studio use?

I can increase the brightness but still not good enough.

I’ve been shown how to turn exposure preview off on Fuji. I’ll try it later. Could/should solve my issue. (Just about to hit BIN on A73)

I was going to use this issue as reason enough to order...

I tried one out in a local shop just before I bought the Sony 90mm Macro from the classifieds on here.

It seemed spot on, all macro lenses are good really. You will struggle to find a bad one, for macro work though this is a bit short.

For the same money or not much more you should be able to pick up a used Sony 90mm Macro though which is better built and has faster a.f for the odd time you might want to use it for something else other than macro.

Last edited:
Yup I like a good AF as I would use it for portrait sometime as I did with the canon macro I had

I’ve been shown how to turn exposure preview off on Fuji. I’ll try it later. Could/should solve my issue. (Just about to hit BIN on A73)

I was going to use this issue as reason enough to order...

Sorted. Exposure preview off.

Damn. 1 less reason I can give for WANTing/NEEDing A73 to SWMBO.

Sorted. Exposure preview off.

Damn. 1 less reason I can give for WANTing/NEEDing A73 to SWMBO.

Shhh just slip one pass her. Won’t know the difference

I miss my little Samyang 35mm. I might have to get another one!

If I get one (A7iii) I can only afford one lens to start. My most used focal length is 35mm. Siggy or Samyang 1.4 ? And why.

Love these Andrew,
all very atmospheric,

Anyone here use the 24-70 f4 - is it as bad as the reviews say ?

I think the complaint is not that it's a bad lens but rather with a RRP of £1050 you'd expect exceptional performance.

I'm not sure how much sense it makes with the Tamron 28-75mm as an option, the Zeiss is smaller and can be found a lot cheaper used though.

I think the complaint is not that it's a bad lens but rather with a RRP of £1050 you'd expect exceptional performance.

I'm not sure how much sense it makes with the Tamron 28-75mm as an option, the Zeiss is smaller and can be found a lot cheaper used though.

Yes thats it really - trying to find the best quality zoom lens with the lowest weight/size. The Tamron is a bit too big for my liking - even the 28-70 seems enormous to me !

Ouch price gone up?

Mine was £850 at photography show

Keep meaning to ask should all these lens have a black bag as I’ve one missing I think

24-70 f4
85 1.8

Both Sony

I had an hour off today so of course it poured down. I got cold and soaked and so did the camera but it was nice to be out.

A7 and Voigtonader 35mm f1.4.

The end of the line.

1-DSC02386.jpg

M1gwzF6.jpg

Just trees and leaves.

Lf4Gd7c.jpg

HkPCidj.jpg

Wet.

UGSjdeX.jpg

Last edited:
Ouch price gone up?

Mine was £850 at photography show

You're not wrong, it's just the full retail price. Most shops have it at £750 now and I'm pretty sure around the time the Tamron came out there were a few places that had it as low as £550 with cashback.

I might be wrong with my price lol without getting bill out

As the body still hasn't arrived, can anyone tell me if it will be possible to backup my A7III to my phone over wifi whilst on holiday? Or failing that via USB

I can then shift them from phone to a USB OTG drive, that's the plan anyway

Got a trip planned in January and want to make sure i've got all the cables etc that I will need :)

I need a 2.4ghz wireless shutter control for the Sony A9

I have the Pixapro 2.4ghz ST-III transmitter and receiver (receiver newly bought for this) but the supplied cables are incompatible - it would need a 2.5mm jack to micro USB-a, but even if I find somewhere to source it - I don't know if it'll work and so I'm thinking i'll send it back

Don't want to buy the Meike Grip

Any good solution?

At the moment only the likes of this look promising, not cheap though.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/AODELAN-Wireless-Shutter-Release-Control-Sony/dp/B078GL4Y32/

i would try sourcing a 2.5mm to micro usb a jack to see if it will work first before sending it back?

You can get them cheap from Hong Kong for £2.50... but might not turn up for a month and I need it for Monday :)

i will look some more, if I can find somewhere, but if it arrives and doesn't work then i've lost time messing around

Looks like my only option is
https://www.amazon.co.uk/AODELAN-Wireless-Shutter-Release-Control-Sony/dp/B078GL4Y32/

The cable I want, I can't find in the UK - in the US it's about $8

Pocketwizards are expensive, I don't need them for my lights - and even once you've bought them, the cable for the Sony A9 shutter release is £35! That cable is 3.5mm jack not 2.5mm so no good for use with my Pixapro reciver.

The playmemories mobile app works, but only up to about 10 metres - same as when I tried the Leica app for another camera.

"I'm just sitting watching flowers in the rain
Feel the power of the rain making the garden grow
I'm just sitting watching flowers in the rain
Feel the power of the rain keeping me good"

Can someone please tell me how to turn off the LCD panel live View? Basically it’s bloody annoying when I look through the viewfinder then take my eye away from the viewfinder for the LCD to switch to live view. Basically I want the camera to work like a dslr- view through the viewfinder and switch on live view on LCD when required. I know there should be a setting somewhere in the menus but I just can’t find it!

Back