The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Sent WEX a trade in request for my 24-70 f4, only thing missing is the box. See what they offer me against the 24-105 f4.

GEEK ALERT!!!

Hi.

i am considering building my own wireless triggers that can trigger other devices/camera's whenever your main camera fires a shot via some device attached to the hotshoe or maybe via the usb interface?

Is there a place where i can buy the sony hotshoe interface barebones?(so i can maybe plug it into a rasberri pie or something and write a piece of code for it)

Or can this be done via a device attached to the usb connector thingy?

ps: im a software programmer so i wanna program something

GEEK ALERT!!!

Hi.

i am considering building my own wireless triggers that can trigger other devices/camera's whenever your main camera fires a shot via some device attached to the hotshoe or maybe via the usb interface?

Is there a place where i can buy the sony hotshoe interface barebones?(so i can maybe plug it into a rasberri pie or something and write a piece of code for it)

You can buy sony/godox hotshoes on eBay for about a tenner

You can buy sony/godox hotshoes on eBay for about a tenner
Got a link to a few of these? needs to be wireless and able to have something on top of my hotshoe main camera and whenever i take a shot, the camera thats somewhere x meters away from me fires too wirelessly

Im taking up to 20m or more

GEEK ALERT!!!

Hi.

I’ve not yet tried it out on the Sony a7r3. The best remote triggers I found for Nikon cameras were Yongnuo RF603 triggers. I did order a cable for the Sony as I was hoping it would work on the Sony but not yet tried it out. Not sure it would trigger off your camera shutter but I was able to trigger two cameras off one trigger previously.

Steve Huff tries the Voigtlander 110mm f2.5 on an A7III and A6400...

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2019/...ander-110mm-f-2-5-apo-lanthar-and-sony-a7iii/

"The lens is fat, hefty and beautiful. It is versatile and can shoot whatever you need. At 110mm and f/2.5 it offers plenty of speed and shallow DOF as well. Creamy bokeh that is in no way offensive. I have nothing at all bad to say about this lens."

That's nice.

Steve Huff tries the Voigtlander 110mm f2.5 on an A7III and A6400...

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2019/...ander-110mm-f-2-5-apo-lanthar-and-sony-a7iii/

"The lens is fat, hefty and beautiful. It is versatile and can shoot whatever you need. At 110mm and f/2.5 it offers plenty of speed and shallow DOF as well. Creamy bokeh that is in no way offensive. I have nothing at all bad to say about this lens."

That's nice.
A macro lens review without macro shots. Good stuff. ;)

Got offered £420 for the 24-70 f4.
Not sure what to do would still leave about £770 to pay towards a 24-105.

I was considering the 24-105 a few months ago. The size & weight & filters were putting me off a little though.

I eventually went for the 40/1.2 & 21/3.5........ :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You'd get what, £500 at best on eBay? After fees that's £435, take the trade if you intend to buy the 24-105mm new.

You'd get what, £500 at best on eBay? After fees that's £435, take the trade if you intend to buy the 24-105mm new.

One could wait for the £1 selling fees offer. Seems to be frequent these days. Of course that also means waiting for the lens to be sold which may or may not be immediate.

Good to know its a reasonable price. Might take them up on it then.

Good to know its a reasonable price. Might take them up on it then.

its excellent for a shop. Normally you'll get £300-350 from other places (I am sure you can get free quotes yourself).
But wex also check the trade in equipment very very carefully. So make sure you gave them the correct condition. It works both ways though if they find it to be in better condition than you said they'll honestly pay up more and if they find it to be less good they will knock down the quote.

I traded in a lens at WEX just before Christmas as part exchange for the 24-105 f4 and 70-200 f4. The whole experience was good, they gave me a good price and then paid me more because they felt the condition was better than I said it was. They also reserved the lenses with a promotion discount applied even though it had ended by the time the part exchange was concluded a week later. I would definitely buy from them again.

GEEK ALERT!!!

Hi.

I’ve not yet tried it out on the Sony a7r3. The best remote triggers I found for Nikon cameras were Yongnuo RF603 triggers. I did order a cable for the Sony as I was hoping it would work on the Sony but not yet tried it out. Not sure it would trigger off your camera shutter but I was able to trigger two cameras off one trigger previously.

I tried the yongnuo RF603 triggers this evening on the A7R3. They triggered the camera fine with either mechanical or silent shutter. Sorry I don’t have two cameras to see if one cameras shutter button could trigger the other camera.

You need a need a 2.5mm to remote plug cable to connect the RF603 triggers to the camera. I got one off eBay for a couple of pounds:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-5mm-S2...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

A7 CV21 - ...

I keep thinking about a native wide. I have a number of 24mm lenses plus 17 and 19mm lenses but all of these need to be used with an adapter... but they are more portable and if I ever move to another camera system I can take those lenses with me whereas I'd have to sell a native lens.

I also have a 9-18mm for MFT and as I sometimes take two cameras out, my A7 with something mounted on it and a MFT with something different mounted on it, that remains an option too as a MFT camera and lens sometimes isn't really all that much extra weight.

Choices....

I'm waiting for the 35mm f1.8 and I'll be gutted if I don't want it for whatever reason.

in this instance would you not consider either Canon or Nikon mirrorless - who both already have a compact, native 35mm f1.8 available?

in this instance would you not consider either Canon or Nikon mirrorless - who both already have a compact, native 35mm f1.8 available?

There's no point switching at the mo as there's a native 35mm f1.8 coming... sooner or later... and I'd have to sell and replace everything else if I went to Canikon and to be honest at the mo doing without the f1.8 is probably preferable to swapping systems as I do have the very compact f2.8 and a manual f1.4 so I'm not exactly dying here... a compact AF 35mm f1.8 would be very nice but not having one although annoying at times probably isn't going to push me into buying a Canikon.

canon RP coming... small body and weigh about 450g. Finally an A7 replacement! :p

Bit ugly with average spec by the looks of it.
No joystick or even slide bar
5 frames per second continuous shooting (that's likely with single AF)

Looks like it will be cheap way to FF mirroeless though.

Back