The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

$1299 for that new plastic fantastic canon rp with a free ef lens adaptor and a free battery grip is a pretty big statement of intent from Canon.

For those who bought a proper camera.

52753315_10161700502085227_5793137977169281024_o.jpg

51840620_10161700502105227_4397446761870786560_o.jpg

All a bit too much for me. I actually prefer the simplicity of the A73. Simple things for my simple mind!

For the Pro Sports shooters out there though, is there anything else better out there that even comes close??

All a bit too much for me. I actually prefer the simplicity of the A73. Simple things for my simple mind!

For the Pro Sports shooters out there though, is there anything else better out there that even comes close??
D5??

$1299 for that new plastic fantastic canon rp with a free ef lens adaptor and a free battery grip is a pretty big statement of intent from Canon.

Bunch of new lenses too. Jumping ahead of Nikon there. The 70-200 2.8 is very small compared to others! Plus they have a nice compact 35mm 1.8.

Bunch of new lenses too. Jumping ahead of Nikon there. The 70-200 2.8 is very small compared to others! Plus they have a nice compact 35mm 1.8.

Just a pity there sensors are complete muck.

The R just doesnt cut it for me, has no where near the features I need compared the the A7iii!

Agree, Sony are still miles ahead across the board.

Yet, you would have thought there would be some reaction from Sony in terms of new product. Will be interesting to see what happens at WIPPI. Will be disappointing if all they have to offer is the new 135mm G.M.

Agree, Sony are still miles ahead across the board.

Yet, you would have thought there would be some reaction from Sony in terms of new product. Will be interesting to see what happens at WIPPI. Will be disappointing if all they have to offer is the new 135mm G.M.

Some new lenses to keep people happy!

I am handing the A9 back this weekend - was thinking of selling the A7iii to fund it, but money is tight and although its a great price my mate is selling it for, having checked last weeks pics to this weeks pics, I cant really pin point anything that stands out.

Its a joy to use, the viewfinder is much better, but got too many family things to sort so its a no go for now. For anyone doing fast sports or paid work it really is a no brainer.

I'm hoping it gets canceled!

Urgh, we could get into discussions about the implications for democracy if we don't leave, the years of fighting against the move to federalism if we remain and the possible advantages of not being a part of the EC as it stands but we could also leave all this to the relevant threads in other sections of this forum.

Just something to think about :D

Urgh, we could get into discussions about the implications for democracy if we don't leave, the years of fighting against the move to federalism if we remain and the possible advantages of not being a part of the EC as it stands but we could also leave all this to the relevant threads in other sections of this forum.

P

#anythingelsewelcome

Some new lenses to keep people happy!

I am handing the A9 back this weekend - was thinking of selling the A7iii to fund it, but money is tight and although its a great price my mate is selling it for, having checked last weeks pics to this weeks pics, I cant really pin point anything that stands out.

Its a joy to use, the viewfinder is much better, but got too many family things to sort so its a no go for now. For anyone doing fast sports or paid work it really is a no brainer.

I might be getting you confused with someone else but isn't this the second time you had an A9 and got rid?

Could be mixing you up with someone else but didn't you buy an A9 before then complain about focus issues with it?

Last edited:

Democracy works both ways ie people can change there minds just like many do here with camera gear lol

I might be getting you confused with someone else but isn't this the second time you had an A9 and got rid?

Could be mixing you up with someone else but didn't you buy an A9 before then complain about focus issues with it?

Yeah I had one - but was returned as no matter what it was not getting much in focus. No idea why but they took it back with no quibbles (Panamoz).

My mate was selling his quite cheap as its just the camera with nothing else so thought it would be rude not to try it again! So pics I posed from Saturday where with the A9 + 70-200 GM. No issues with focus or anything on this one!

Its a great camera, very impressed, but at the moment I just cant justify the expense!

Yeah I had one - but was returned as no matter what it was not getting much in focus. No idea why but they took it back with no quibbles (Panamoz).

My mate was selling his quite cheap as its just the camera with nothing else so thought it would be rude not to try it again! So pics I posed from Saturday where with the A9 + 70-200 GM. No issues with focus or anything on this one!

Its a great camera, very impressed, but at the moment I just cant justify the expense!

I know what you mean I borrowed one for a few weeks a good while back just after I bought my first A7III and was plenty impressed but it was hard to justify the difference in cost compared to the A7III which seems to be spot on for my needs so I just ended up getting another A7III. Will be adding another body soon and again struggling to decide between A7III, A7RIII and the A9.

I know what you mean I borrowed one for a few weeks a good while back just after I bought my first A7III and was plenty impressed but it was hard to justify the difference in cost compared to the A7III which seems to be spot on for my needs so I just ended up getting another A7III. Will be adding another body soon and again struggling to decide between A7III, A7RIII and the A9.

I might, just might check out what I can move around finance wise this weekend just in case!

I don't know if I use my camera enough to justify owning one either, but that doesnt mean I dont want it!

Last edited:
I might, just might check out what I can move around finance wise this weekend just in case!

I don't know if I use my camera enough to justify owning one either, but that doesnt mean I dont want it!

If you are getting the same shots then what is the benefit? I know you like the EVF but is that worth about a grand more to you?

If you are getting the same shots then what is the benefit? I know you like the EVF but is that worth about a grand more to you?

For me one of the biggest features I like is silent shooting, but I have to agree, the images from both the Sony A9 and A7 III are the same to my eye. :)

For me one of the biggest features I like is silent shooting, but I have to agree, the images from both the Sony A9 and A7 III are the same to my eye. :)

Was reading all the changes to the A9 firmware, its quite extensive really!!!

In terms of dynamic range and read noise it does, not in terms of read speed - that’s the compromise.
You pays your money and you make your choice - or just buy one of each :)

Of course, if you want to shoot silent then its better... but if you need flash or no banding and no distortion then the A7iii has faster mechanical.

Last edited:
Many would prefer more frequent FW updates. I bet the XT3 gets this one before the A7III gets the goodies seen on the A6400

A7III can't get all the goodies seen on A6400 because of hardware limitation. But it will be getting real-time eyeAF and animal eyeAF in march/april IIRC.

Very impressive.... (talen from dpreview)
Canon-RF-70-200-03.jpeg

come on sony time to respond and make some small telephotos

Looks heavy still though, looks like a squashed 70-200. Wonder what the weight difference is if any. Plus it extends which I personally dislike in a zoom lens.

Last edited:
Back