The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I really like these, but I'm going to be cheeky and say - a bit over exposed? more so on the first
Thanks. :)
I cranked up the brightness on purpose, it was intentional. I was not sure how it'd be received but nice to experiment none the less. ;)

Thanks. :)
I cranked up the brightness on purpose, it was intentional. I was not sure how it'd be received but nice to experiment none the less. ;)

I think my monitor might be a bit hot too though tbh, noticed on a few of my Flickr images since using this set up that they too seemed a little OE

I do really like them though, I can see nice large prints of those being hung

Put my Sigma 85 ART up for sale or trade in the classifieds for anyone interested, since it's dead as a dodo in there ill mention here lol

£650 for a used 28-75 do you think thats too high? not sure if its worth just paying the extra £100 for the 5y warranty

I have seen a couple sell on the forum for £600-ish. Sold mine for £635 on ebay (but I advertised it for £610 on here).

any suggestions for a wide option? ive got to take some property exterior shots wednesday afternoon and currently don't have anything wider than a 50mm.
considering the samyang 24mm - mainly due to price and that it will arrive tomorrow morning.

any suggestions for a wide option? ive got to take some property exterior shots wednesday afternoon and currently don't have anything wider than a 50mm.
considering the samyang 24mm - mainly due to price and that it will arrive tomorrow morning.

You can pretty much get anything delivered for next day can't you?

If you don't need f2.8 which then 16-35mm f4 is probably a better choice

I have seen a couple sell on the forum for £600-ish. Sold mine for £635 on ebay (but I advertised it for £610 on here).

yeah this is via shop, so guess will have 6month warranty.
I can't find a used for sale privately anywhere and I've only got 5 days before I'm away... I need to stop being so indecisive I guess.

seems most shops are also out of stock, all the cheaper ones anyway and all grey

You can pretty much get anything delivered for next day can't you?

If you don't need f2.8 which then 16-35mm f4 is probably a better choice

yes you can if they are new. generally im not willing to spend what most brands are asking for new though.

16-35 is definitely the better lens and a lens i love. again - not paying the retail price though. have considered adapting a tamron 24-70 f2.8 but doubt im going to get one in time.

yes you can if they are new. generally im not willing to spend what most brands are asking for new though.

16-35 is definitely the better lens and a lens i love. again - not paying the retail price though. have considered adapting a tamron 24-70 f2.8 but doubt im going to get one in time.
there is one at LCE for £850. You can normally haggle them down £50-ish.

yeah this is via shop, so guess will have 6month warranty.
I can't find a used for sale privately anywhere and I've only got 5 days before I'm away... I need to stop being so indecisive I guess.

seems most shops are also out of stock, all the cheaper ones anyway and all grey

depending on where you are buying from some shops are open to negotiating. I have managed haggle lower prices at LCE, camera world and wex for used items.

in fact I've never bought a used item from a shop at the initial advertised price :D

Last edited:
depending on where you are buying from some shops are open to negotiating. I have managed haggle lower prices at LCE, camera world and wex for used items.

in fact I've never bought a used item from a shop at the initial advertised price :D

they just want to get you the hell out of their premises :ROFLMAO:

they have said they wouldn't move on the price as they have only just got it :confused: and had a few inquiries
mind if I ask which shop this is? (feel free to PM me if you don't want to disclose it here in case you are afraid of loosing the deal)

lens delivery day.

zeiss 50mm f1.4 and samyang 50mm f1.4 both arrived.

have had the samyang on a couple of occasions so know all about that. never used the Planar before.
first impressions are the build quality is top drawer. its big and heavy. not sigma heavy but still a fair bit bigger than the samyang and heavier too. not that it matters too much but the lens hood on the planar is probably the cheapest ive seen - which is surprise.

the planar is several times more expensive than the samyang. 1 of them has to go. decisions decisions.

Have you tried the 55mm f1.8?

If you have how do you think the f1.4 50's compare to the much smaller 55mm f1.8?

Have you tried the 55mm f1.8?

If you have how do you think the f1.4 50's compare to the much smaller 55mm f1.8?

the 55mm was my gateway drug into mirrorless. love it. just fancied an f1.4 as i won't be getting an 85mm for a little while.

atm can only compare the 55 against the samyang as i haven't used the planar enough. the 55 was faster, sharper, more reliable and just a better lens than the samyang.
what is unique and not really talked much about the samyang is i think it gathers more light that any 50/55mm ive ever used. almost as if the aperture is wider than f1.4.
it exposes brighter and the depth of field seems less at the same settings.

if you don't need all the speed and sharpness that the others have, this samyang is a brilliant option that can produce some lovely images. can actually get the 55mm and the samyang and have change left over for the price of the planar.

Yeah, the lens hood on the Planar is plastic tastic. the 35 zeiss is better with a rubberised tip but the 50 Planar is like a cheap hood.

Optically though, it is perfect.

Yeah, the lens hood on the Planar is plastic tastic. the 35 zeiss is better with a rubberised tip but the 50 Planar is like a cheap hood.

Optically though, it is perfect.

yeah i remember the 35 being nice so was surprised about this one. obviously not a deal breaker.

28mm F2 wide enough?

a7iii and 85 arrived :).

settings are definitely a hand full and think I will defiantly need to spend sometime watching some videos on it.

view finder is also going to take some getting used to, if this is an improvemnet I would hate to see what the old one were like.
the grain and Flickr are off putting, hopefully I will get used to it

a7iii and 85 arrived :).

settings are definitely a hand full and think I will defiantly need to spend sometime watching some videos on it.

view finder is also going to take some getting used to, if this is an improvemnet I would hate to see what the old one were like.
the grain and Flickr are off putting, hopefully I will get used to it

Are you looking through it in a dungeon :p

Make sure to have set it higher refresh rate or frequency. EVF Flickr was a thing of the past.
Tbh I am an EVF fanboi so I'll defend it to the end :D

Last edited:

The 24mm Samyang is complete muck.

Probably better using the 50mm and shooting panoramas of everything needed.

Better option would be to hire a lens that is more suitable for the day.

Last edited:
Back