The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

So WEX pre order for the 45mm is £349.

How look do you think it will take to drop? I need a nice cheap prime and other than the FE 50mm there is not a lot about (AF).

How look do you think it will take to drop? I need a nice cheap prime and other than the FE 50mm there is not a lot about (AF).

it will probably drop to £299 after a few months.

how about the samyang 50mm f1.4? seems to have had some of its issues fixed via firmware.

Seems a bit steep but we don't know how good it is. I'll read the reviews and I'll be interested to see how good the focusing is but I think I'll wait and see if a 35mm f1.8 will eventually come. One day...

Seems a bit steep but we don't know how good it is. I'll read the reviews and I'll be interested to see how good the focusing is but I think I'll wait and see if a 35mm f1.8 will eventually come. One day...

I'm not sure that day will ever come!!

Looked very average in the review that vicar fella did on youtube.

Just a head up if anyone is looking, up for sale soon with be an A7 with 28-70 (no box, or caps, but in excellent condition) that I was using as a stop gap (bought from LCE) and an A7III body only which is as new with zero shutter count (and maybe a further 28-70).

I might be interested depending on price. I've just sold my A6500/Sigma lenses and have got an RX1 with EVF on the way to try out. I'm expecting the AF to be as patchy as the reviews say but I like the form factor and have always wanted to try one out properly. I'm considering getting an A7 again to use alongside it with manual glass.

New firmware for a lot of the cameras I.B.I.S related apparently anyone done it yet?

Sony A9
Sony A7rIII
Sony A7III
Sony A7rII
Sony A7II
Sony A7sII
Sony A6500

I'm not sure that day will ever come!!

I'm sure I read that it's on Sony's road map so it might come... one day. If their cunning plan is to not introduce one and prevent others from making one so that everyone will buy the big fat Sony f1.4 then they can shove it as that simply isn't going to happen and I'll just stay with the f2.8 or if GAS gets the better of me I'll buy a Canikon.

Lucky b*****d bro lol

Yeah worked out pretty well, I get 2 brand new cameras, to be fair the 2 I am changing don't have a huge amount of mileage on them and just under £800 in my pocket. :cool:

Yeah worked out pretty well, I get 2 brand new cameras, to be fair the 2 I am changing don't have a huge amount of mileage on them and just under £800 in my pocket. :cool:

Nice! I would have ordered them too lol Someone at JL will get some stick!

New firmware for a lot of the cameras I.B.I.S related apparently anyone done it yet?

Sony A9
Sony A7rIII
Sony A7III
Sony A7rII
Sony A7II
Sony A7sII
Sony A6500

Not yet, but I will. After the 3.0 update it *feels* like IBIS and focussing has been less good, and sometimes I've unaccountably had de-focussed images, especially where the sun is in the frame. IBIS definitely worked before 3.0 with manual lenses, but seems to have stopped now.

Not yet, but I will. After the 3.0 update it *feels* like IBIS and focussing has been less good, and sometimes I've unaccountably had de-focussed images, especially where the sun is in the frame. IBIS definitely worked before 3.0 with manual lenses, but seems to have stopped now.

has this firmware been released yet? wouldn't mind trying the 85mm with it to see if it improves it. otherwise its going back.

Last edited:
See there's a recall on some of the Nikon MILC's, something to do with IS. So that's peeling grips and IS issues. The things haven't been out 2 minutes. Will this always be the case with Nikon.

Sony A9
Sony A7rIII
Sony A7III
Sony A7rII
Sony A7II
Sony A7sII
Sony A6500

I just updated our 7IIIs bro. 2 Back to back weddings tomorrow and Sat so maybe should have left them lol

Sony A9
Sony A7rIII
Sony A7III
Sony A7rII
Sony A7II
Sony A7sII
Sony A6500
Nope mines still original and working fine. I'll let everyone else ruin their camera (y)

Back