The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I think that's rude what you said. Ray takes amazing pics.

Very low blow from you slating someone's photo ability.

Come on Craig hope you was joking. Your better than that

It wouldn't bother me man what anyone said about my photographs, so long as the people paying like them LOL

I think anything Cagey says can be taken with a large pinch of salt lol

Craig?? It was a retort is all, I know he takes some nice pictures, not that my opinion should count - it does sound harsher than I meant I will admit
Ok cool. I had a feeling you did not mean it. You ain't normally like that fella.

Anyways give a nice go at drinking some nice espresso somewhere local to you and see if it is worth investing in buying proper equipment for it.
The initial outlay is expensive but after that it is cheaper than buying tesco beans as now you be able to buy like a kilo or raw green beans for a tenner or so that will last u for a while.

Around 300g of beans lasts just over a week between me and my missus drinking once a day(weekends we drink twice).

Ok cool. I had a feeling you did not mean it. You ain't normally like that fella.

Anyways give a nice go at drinking some nice espresso somewhere local to you and see if it is worth investing in buying proper equipment for it.
The initial outlay is expensive but after that it is cheaper than buying tesco beans as now you be able to buy like a kilo or raw green beans for a tenner or so that will last u for a while.

Around 300g of beans lasts just over a week between me and my missus drinking once a day(weekends we drink twice).

It was in the context [I thought] of the discussion at the time when over priced phones were brought up, my point was more that I could take as good a pic with my cheap Chinese crappy phone, I guess it turned out a bit stronger than I really meant. I have deleted it because I think you're spot on, it was rude and uncalled for.

I can appreciate a good coffee too, it's the price that these hip joints charge for it, the difference in price from one bean to the next etc ... but I did watch the video, and maybe I even learned something ;)

It wouldn't bother me man what anyone said about my photographs, so long as the people paying like them LOL

I think anything Cagey says can be taken with a large pinch of salt lol

Me bark is worse than me bite :D I'll be honest, I do like some of your images, and Ray's too - I'm not a wedding guy so it's not my scene but I can still appreciate a decent image. I've had many on here in the past slag my photography off just to try get at me, didn't lose any sleep ;) if anything it helped me improve.

Last edited:
You're just playing up to the aperture twins now with that spiel because you could have just said this last night from the off otherwise. "insulting somebody" lol, where? Calling a lens over priced is hardly an insult, I mean are you that defensive about gear?? it's a lump of steel and glass! Someone else called it ugly before I even posted but that's ok, because you don't have a hard 'un for them - I'm having an instant coffee right this minute btw and it tastes as good as your hipster stuff :D

Seems to me it's you that's worrying about strangers on the internet, I mean you posted like 3 times ranting because people were talking about coffee, then tried turning it into some flame session .... I can imagine the phone call "Tony, get on here and like my posts and back me up!" :ROFLMAO:

Lots of ranting from someone who claims he doesn’t worry about strangers’ opinions on the internet.

Self awareness clearly isn’t something you possess. Go chill out, read back what you’ve wrote.

Last edited:
Lots of ranting from someone who claims he doesn’t worry about strangers’ opinions on the internet.

Self awareness clearly isn’t something you possess.

I guess you missed the part where I said I was a little harsh to you earlier? I would say there's some awareness to that. I'm man enough to admit when I go too far, and I can drop silly arguments pretty easily too. Give it a try ;)

I’ve done the maths and it typically works out around 20p a cup. About £2 max a week in coffee for me.

I don’t drink alcohol. I don’t go to the pub. Now unless you are complete tea total then you are p***ing money down the toilet in drinks more than me even after 1 pint a week. So am I hip for buying coffee beans? Sure, guilty as hell but I’m actually spending less money on drinks than most people who step foot into a pub.

I’ve done the maths and it typically works out around 20p a cup. About £2 max a week in coffee for me.

I don’t drink alcohol. I don’t go to the pub. Now unless you are complete tea total then you are p***ing money down the toilet in drinks more than me even after 1 pint a week. So am I hip for buying coffee beans? Sure, guilty as hell but I’m actually spending less money on drinks than most people who step foot into a pub.

There's hipster beers too :D they stick 'craft' on the front and charge a couple quid extra

In other news:

Sony A7iii is £1350 at Dixon’s travel at several UK airports with click and collect. Potentially could get the cashback as well if they class it as Currys. Obviously you have to be going away somewhere to get it.

Cheaper than e-infinity.

In other news:

Sony A7iii is £1350 at Dixon’s travel at several UK airports with click and collect. Potentially could get the cashback as well if they class it as Currys. Obviously you have to be going away somewhere to get it.

Cheaper than e-infinity.

Dixon’s Travel isn’t valid for Sony cash back promotions.

Me too...and I’ve done the maths, 5 years to break even but it will mean fresh coffee for life. And it will bring the cost down per cup to less than instant coffee level.

It was in the context [I thought] of the discussion at the time when over priced phones were brought up, my point was more that I could take as good a pic with my cheap Chinese crappy phone, I guess it turned out a bit stronger than I really meant. I have deleted it because I think you're spot on, it was rude and uncalled for.

I can appreciate a good coffee too, it's the price that these hip joints charge for it, the difference in price from one bean to the next etc ... but I did watch the video, and maybe I even learned something ;)

On a £3ish cup, most cafes are probably only making 10% on that. Hardly earth shattering margins, huh?

Last edited:
Well since anything goes in this thread, let's talk about toilet roll orientation. I'm an over kinda guy but lots of people go under or don't care either way. I have to admit my heart starts racing a little when I see toilet roll hanging under and I can't help but change the orientation. Anyone else anal (no pun intended) like that?

Well since anything goes in this thread, let's talk about toilet roll orientation. I'm an over kinda guy but lots of people go under or don't care either way. I have to admit my heart starts racing a little when I see toilet roll hanging under and I can't help but change the orientation. Anyone else anal (no pun intended) like that?

Over, or I go on the warpath!

Have to say I’m over too, I have to turn it around if it’s the wrong way.

According to ‘science’ over is the best way as under has a higher risk of transferring bacteria.

https://www.inc.com/geoffrey-james/the-correct-way-to-hang-toilet-paper-according-to-.html

I love that this thread is pretty random and not just about gear but I swear some of you could pick a fight in an empty room :LOL: at least it’s done in a relatively friendly way :)

You white folks and your paper, honestly.

It’s all about the water. You gotta clean that butt, people!

I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it; I don’t need it;

Back