The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Some photos I did today for a local animal charity to help share the dogs looking for new homes. (Excuse the big tacky font for the names. They prefer it that way to stand out on social media etc)

DSC00160 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC00048 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC00033 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC00238 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

Zeus1 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

Susie1 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

Some nice frames there. A lot of years back I did the same for a local dog charity, also shot a couple of fashion shows they ran for fundraising.

Naala looks a beaut, but we have 4 dogs already. :)

Some nice frames there. A lot of years back I did the same for a local dog charity, also shot a couple of fashion shows they ran for fundraising.

Naala looks a beaut, but we have 4 dogs already. :)

Thanks. Yeah Naala is getting a lot of attention since the photos were uploaded. I think she's Japanese Akita x GSD, very soft nature and loves a cuddle.

Thanks. Yeah Naala is getting a lot of attention since the photos were uploaded. I think she's Japanese Akita x GSD, very soft nature and loves a cuddle.

Yeah I thought that by the look of her. One of ours is a Japanese Akita, they are very wilful but great fun. Hopefully the photos will help them all get good homes.

Some photos I did today for a local animal charity to help share the dogs looking for new homes. (Excuse the big tacky font for the names. They prefer it that way to stand out on social media etc)

DSC00160 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC00048 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC00033 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC00238 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

Zeus1 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

Susie1 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

Nice, I hope they find homes for them too. Lovely animals. I did a similar shoot for a charity a few years back but it was cats. All of them found homes after we put the images up, hopefully the same happens here.

I’d be interested to offer Leo a new home?

Yeah I thought that by the look of her. One of ours is a Japanese Akita, they are very wilful but great fun. Hopefully the photos will help them all get good homes.

Naala is stunning, definitely Akita although not Japanese :love:

Right Guys, I was looking at getting the Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art lens but have now seen reviews on the 40mm 1.4 which some are saying is better. Any of you guys had real world experience using one or both. I’m looking for to pair this with a 24-70mm.

Last edited:
Right Guys, I was looking at getting the Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art lens but have now seen reviews on the 40mm 1.4 which some are saying is better. Any of you guys had real world experience using one or both. I’m looking for to pair this with a 24-70mm.

I can't talk about price as I don't know the price of the 40/1.4 but that makes the 35mm look tiny! And the 35 certainly isn't tiny.

Plenty of holiday pics to get through..random few.

So, who else gets into the pool with £3.5k of kit in your hands for a pic of your little one because she's just let go of your arm for the first time?

48531251527_087887546f_b.jpg

48531093251_30faed62db_b.jpg

48531093526_e8456b7fc3_b.jpg

48531247777_96e18e742b_b.jpg

48531251992_1ff695f681_b.jpg

48531093961_a43d43f081_b.jpg

I’ve decided to place an order for the Sony 24-70mm f2.8 GM lens to go with my a7iii. I then want to add a 35mm soon after.

A girl I know sent me this last night. She spotted me working at a wedding the other day in the city centre. :LOL:

I didn't even notice that she was there.

67839579_435993980591853_402024160269697024_n.jpg

Hi all i am giving you a challenge. What is the lightest setup you can think of for this focal range for travelling?

The rules are below:
  • Can mention primes as well as zooms
  • Minimum apature of f2.8
  • Cropping up to 1.4x is fine to cover a missing focal length range
  • Can be a manual adapted lens at the 100-200 focal length.
  • from 24-100 it needs to be a AF lens(adapted or native)

Post the list of lenses you can think of and the weight of it all

A girl I know sent me this last night. She spotted me working at a wedding the other day in the city centre. :LOL:

I didn't even notice that she was there.

View attachment 252494

Dude you should try the holdfast / dual harness leather ones - best accessory I've ever bought man. I used to use the Peak Design straps and they're pants in comparison

I'm doing a wedding in Belfast today, weather looks utter s***e ffs

Dude you should try the holdfast / dual harness leather ones - best accessory I've ever bought man. I used to use the Peak Design straps and they're pants in comparison

I'm doing a wedding in Belfast today, weather looks utter s***e ffs

Already had a holdfast a while back,hated it. Much prefer the peak design straps.

I have 4 of the peak design straps all different colours makes it really handy when I am shouting for a camera with a different lens or grabbing a camera with a different lens, I can just say red, blue etc.

The holdfast's I didn't find comfortable plus you look like a balloon wearing them. I am too old for that hipster s***. :)

It p***ed down pretty much all day for ours as well only had about 5 minutes outside, shot everything else indoors as the bride didn't want to get her dress wet. I hate that if I can stand in the p***ing rain so can they. :LOL:

Was a pity at least the groom understood he was a photographer too.

Last edited:
Already had a holdfast a while back,hated it. Much prefer the peak design straps.

I have 4 of the peak design straps all different colours makes it really handy when I am shouting for a camera with a different lens or grabbing a camera with a different lens, I can just say red, blue etc.

The holdfast's I didn't find comfortable plus you look like a balloon wearing them. I am too old for that hipster s***. :)

It p***ed down pretty much all day for ours as well only had about 5 minutes outside, shot everything else indoors as the bride didn't want to get her dress wet. I hate that if I can stand in the p***ing rain so can they. :LOL:

Was a pity at least the groom understood he was a photographer too.

The weather has been s***e all summer. Out again on Friday too and it's to be b*****ks fs. Skinny Jean's, beard and holdfast bro - hipstered to death LOL

The weather has been s***e all summer. Out again on Friday too and it's to be b*****ks fs. Skinny Jean's, beard and holdfast bro - hipstered to death LOL

I forgot you are rocking a wee ginger beard now :LOL:

We are not out again until Friday & Saturday, but it doesn't look the weather is gonna improve much. Although I am complaining, to be fair shooting indoors was a nice step change, gave me a chance to use the AD200's that haven't been used in a while.

I forgot you are rocking a wee ginger beard now :LOL:

We are not out again until Friday & Saturday, but it doesn't look the weather is gonna improve much. Although I am complaining, to be fair shooting indoors was a nice step change, gave me a chance to use the AD200's that haven't been used in a while.

I've a fleet of lighting that never is used man either. Got 2 AD600pros and they've been used once LOL. The AD200 is probably the best lighting I've ever used that's not like a rocket launcher lmao

I've a fleet of lighting that never is used man either. Got 2 AD600pros and they've been used once LOL. The AD200 is probably the best lighting I've ever used that's not like a rocket launcher lmao

Aye there generally too much hassle for weddings anyway.

I have an AD600 too but I only use it for headshots etc. not for weddings.

@Happy Grumpz .... Matt, Is this just taken with the 90mm Macro Lens or were tubes involved, what light source was used.

Can anyone recommend a decent flash for A7mkII

Sold the very last of my Nikon stuff this morning, no idea why it's taken so long as it's been sitting in a cupboard for months. :oops: :$

Almost feels a bit sad. :LOL:

Can anyone recommend a decent flash for A7mkII

Godox TT350s - Small light but only room for 2 AA batteries.
Godox V350s - I prefer these, small and light with a their own lithium battery.
Godox V860 II - Big and heavy makes the camera a bit unwieldy.
Godox V1s - Better for ocf really although I would prefer AD200's for that purpose.

Godox TT350s - Small light but only room for 2 AA batteries.
Godox V350s - I prefer these, small and light with a their own lithium battery.
Godox V860 II - Big and heavy makes the camera a bit unwieldy.
Godox V1s - Better for ocf really although I would prefer AD200's for that purpose.
I also like the TT685s which takes 4 AA batteries.

Did anyone get their £1799 (pre cash back) from Park? It looks like it was incorrectly discounting the £200 adapter (putting it as £0 in the basket, but taking £200 off the total).

Did they honour the orders?

Did anyone get their £1799 (pre cash back) from Park? It looks like it was incorrectly discounting the £200 adapter (putting it as £0 in the basket, but taking £200 off the total).

Did they honour the orders?

I debated getting one didn't bother in the end have done a pre-order for the A7RIV. I think @simonbarker said that he had ordered one.

Last edited:
Hi all i am giving you a challenge. What is the lightest setup you can think of for this focal range for travelling?

The rules are below:
  • Can mention primes as well as zooms
  • Minimum apature of f2.8
  • Cropping up to 1.4x is fine to cover a missing focal length range
  • Can be a manual adapted lens at the 100-200 focal length.
  • from 24-100 it needs to be a AF lens(adapted or native)

Post the list of lenses you can think of and the weight of it all

I don't like your rules so I am going to break them lol

Sony 24-105mm, 35mm/1.8, 85mm/1.8, voigtlanger 180mm f4.
Feel free to replace the 24-105mm with a 24GM or tokina 20mm f2 and crop.

Back