The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

That looks fantastic, camera, laptop and tripod all in one and all hidden!

My only reservation is there is no zip lock at the top, it’s only a flap, so if you have it in the car and had to brake quickly, things will go flying. Or if for some reasons someone else tried to pick up your bag by the strap and it does a 180.

How secure is that flap?

Yes it's just the 2 magnetic poppers, the flap is quite heavy. I just gave the bag shake upside down (just above my sofa haha) and it stayed closed.

I'm still amazed that the 150-600 fits in the tripod section.

Last edited:
Ended up using the Sammy 35 f2.8 a lot in Morocco - there were many times it was good to have a small camera and just shoot from waist height for people pictures. The AF could have been better but it was nothing like as poor as the 50 f1.8, and only very occasionally hunted/missed. I've come to really like this lens.

perhaps should have saved a little longer and got the lens you wanted. Its cheaper that way in the long run ;)

Don’t need to save, just don’t want to spend that much on a prime - rather spend it on a trip away.

Bought this used.

I was only joking with the poor mans 24 GM thing, thought it would be a lovely lens to own. This Zeiss is great in its own right.

Last edited:
I've just received this from Jessops clearance. What an amazing bag, I'm so happy with it. In the top section I have the A7III with 85mm f/1.8 attached, Zeiss 35mm f/2.4 & 28-70 kit lens. In the bottom section removable tray (which is removable, apparently for a travel tripod) I have 70-200L f/4 with MC-11 attached and 50mm f/1.8. If I remove the lens tray from the bottom section I can fit my Sigma 150-600 with MC-11 & tripod foot attached. The leather & build is amazing quality. The only reason it was reduced so heavily is the padded slider on the strap has Olympus branding. It cost me £98 delivered (instead of the usual £299)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPnnUwGeWPU

https://www.gillislondon.com/trafalgar-7749-messenger
Looks like it’s well built and useful around town with the tripod pocket. I’ve never got on well with messenger bags for camera gear. There was just too much weight on one shoulder and it gave me a bad shoulder. Sadly I’ve had to stay with backpacks for the weight distribution over two shoulders.

I've just received this from Jessops clearance. What an amazing bag, I'm so happy with it. In the top section I have the A7III with 85mm f/1.8 attached, Zeiss 35mm f/2.4 & 28-70 kit lens. In the bottom section removable tray (which is removable, apparently for a travel tripod) I have 70-200L f/4 with MC-11 attached and 50mm f/1.8. If I remove the lens tray from the bottom section I can fit my Sigma 150-600 with MC-11 & tripod foot attached. The leather & build is amazing quality. The only reason it was reduced so heavily is the padded slider on the strap has Olympus branding. It cost me £98 delivered (instead of the usual £299)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPnnUwGeWPU

https://www.gillislondon.com/trafalgar-7749-messenger

In general I find higher end messenger bags a bit naff, some of them seem more a fashion statement than practical, but I do like the look of this one. I certainly would not pay anything like £300 for one, but for just under £100, seems well worth it

That's the one I went with, bought it second hand but as new. I meant to complain because it has the Olympus strap and a big part of the attraction for me was the lack of any branding. It's a nuisance to complain though...

That's the one I went with, bought it second hand but as new. I meant to complain because it has the Olympus strap and a big part of the attraction for me was the lack of any branding. It's a nuisance to complain though...

Yeah I can imagine it being annoying if it wasn't made clear. Lovely bag though eh.

Have a wedding today in Belfast city centre and can't get parked near the venue. :mad:

Gonna just take the 24GM, the 55 and a lens pen in the pocket, sure what else would you ever need. Not even gonna bother bringing a camera bag.

At some point I am gonna just do a whole wedding using just the 24GM for giggles.

Last edited:
Have a wedding today in Belfast city centre and can't get parked near the venue. :mad:

Gonna just take the 24GM, the 55 and a lens pen in the pocket, sure what else would you ever need. Not even gonna bother bringing a camera bag.

At some point I am gonna just do a whole wedding using just the 24GM for giggles.

Nice. Let us know how you get on

Haha I would like it, just not willing to part with that much cash. Need a new laptop as well!

It would have been a better fit but I could have the Batis and 35mm 1.8 for a couple of hundred less than the 24 gm
Really? How much did you pay for the batis 25?
You can get a used 24GM around £1100 these days.

Don’t need to save, just don’t want to spend that much on a prime - rather spend it on a trip away.

Bought this used.

I was only joking with the poor mans 24 GM thing, thought it would be a lovely lens to own. This Zeiss is great in its own right.

Still not cheap though, ended up scrimping with a 24 art instead, but it’s a bit bulky tbh.

I actually went to order a Sigma 24Art, then switched to the Batis 25 but they didn't have it in stock.

While i was waiting Sony announced the 24GM so I switched my order to it before reviews were out and got one of the first ones.

Nice. Let us know how you get on

Wee half day wedding home already, files backed up etc.

The ceremony was at Belfast City Hall and there was a climate change protest at the door, someone said there was 20,000 people there. looked like less too me but there was alot of people.

The 24GM & 55 worked great didn't miss not having anything else. Chickened out slightly and stuck a flash in my back pocket too but I didn't need it in the end.

Rumor site reveals the other lens focal length and aperture - https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5...-fe-lenses-70-180mm-20mm-24mm-and-35mm-f-2-8/

The 20mm is also interesting.....

I'd be interested in the 70-180mm if it works with 1.4x TC.

Though not sure what they are thinking with the f2.8 primes when their excellent 17-28mm/2.8 covers two of them pretty well. Then the 35mm/2.8 is pretty well covered too. Sure they are smaller but 17-28mm isn't exactly big.

Sell the big fat honker.

I think the best thing about the f1.8 is the close focus ability.

Quite a few people having issues with broken hot shoes on these, and replacements are difficult to source. One to stay clear from by all accounts.

Good advice man. Appreciate that

Back