The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

They are very good.

I sort my A7 photos in On1 because LR5 can't handle them. Initially you see the internal jpg and when clicking to view 1:1 the software switches to the RAW file instead. It can be disappointing to see glorious colours, only to have them disappear in the file you are going to edit.

I sort my A7 photos in On1 because LR5 can't handle them. Initially you see the internal jpg and when clicking to view 1:1 the software switches to the RAW file instead. It can be disappointing to see glorious colours, only to have them disappear in the file you are going to edit.

LR: Go to profile browser/calibration in develop, usually all the way at the bottom, select the profile to match what your camera is set to ;)

Last edited:
LR: Go to profile browser/calibration in develop, usually all the way at the bottom, select the profile to match what your camera is set to ;)
There is way to make this happen by default for your camera too. I think it's either hold alt/CMD/ctrl and click set default option button.
You can add lens corrections and CA removal by default too.

There is way to make this happen by default for your camera too. I think it's either hold alt/CMD/ctrl and click set default option button.
You can add lens corrections and CA removal by default too.

Thats right, you activate all the gubbins upon import. I import flat but if people like the profiles its a great way to do things really quickly and avoid base PP.

I prefer to start with the camera standard profile but since getting the RIV I am having to convert to DNG and process the RAWs. So no profiles for me in the old LR for new camera :(

I prefer to start with the camera standard profile but since getting the RIV I am having to convert to DNG and process the RAWs. So no profiles for me in the old LR for new camera :(

Yuck, that's the problem with Lightroom, they keep you in the sub model just because they provide new RAW cam profiles otherwise they make it a pain. I am looking elsewhere these days and Ive been Adobe since day 1 with most of their applications even before they bought everyone out in the creative industry, that's a long time and a fortune spent.

Last edited:
yeah Affinity is fairly good but lacks DAM. LR is pretty much the only thing that has everything one might need (without going into PS) and does it well enough to not be annoying.

We already know which is better, that’s why we’re in here :D

I'm in here and can't afford either, so that makes no difference :p Also seen you in the Z thread and noseying about in the Fuji thread too - cheating on your Sony fanboys :D

Na, if I had of been I would have been more blunt and said it’s a piece of crap.

On Luminous Landscape there's a LOT of Nikon love and they seem to think the Zx's are just about perfect.

A while ago I got banned for calling a screaming fanboy and fanboy, I think it was insisting Nikon invented AF and just about everything else that did it for me. Anyway, over there it's Nikon all day long.

On Luminous Landscape there's a LOT of Nikon love and they seem to think the Zx's are just about perfect.

A while ago I got banned for calling a screaming fanboy and fanboy, I think it was insisting Nikon invented AF and just about everything else that did it for me. Anyway, over there it's Nikon all day long.

I don't even get why anyone is a 'fanboy' - we don't have shares in these companies FFS. I see on here for example people defend Sony or rant on about how it's their sensors in other cameras and how far ahead they are in tech .... I'm thinking ... who gives a f**k? brand doesn't matter, I'll happily use either or so long as it gets the job done. Why?? are we such nub ends when it comes to brands?

I'm in here and can't afford either, so that makes no difference [emoji14] Also seen you in the Z thread and noseying about in the Fuji thread too - cheating on your Sony fanboys [emoji1]

It’s ok, I’m lurking in the Fuji thread too [emoji33] lol
Could be my next move

I'm in here and can't afford either, so that makes no difference :p Also seen you in the Z thread and noseying about in the Fuji thread too - cheating on your Sony fanboys :D

shhh they aren’t supposed to know, I’ll get in trouble.

I don't even get why anyone is a 'fanboy' - we don't have shares in these companies FFS. I see on here for example people defend Sony or rant on about how it's their sensors in other cameras and how far ahead they are in tech .... I'm thinking ... who gives a f**k? brand doesn't matter, I'll happily use either or so long as it gets the job done. Why?? are we such nub ends when it comes to brands?

Affirmation - people need to feel that they are right and what they have is the best. IIRC Canon had the first AF camera (T80) to market but minolta had the first useful AF camera (7000) on sale.

Affirmation - people need to feel that they are right and what they have is the best. IIRC Canon had the first AF camera (T80) to market but minolta had the first useful AF camera (7000) on sale.

Don't understand the need to be the best because there is no such thing especially in cameras.
I would understand the need to be exciting or unique. The reason I bought the original A7, was possibly the worst FF lol.

Don't understand the need to be the best because there is no such thing especially in cameras.
I would understand the need to be exciting or unique. The reason I bought the original A7, was possibly the worst FF lol.
End of the day all cameras do a great job...

I am finding that my A7RIII is better at keeping focus than my A7RIV :thinking:
The A7RIV keeps losing focus halfway through the bursts.

When I first read about the A7 I was a bit disappointed but later came to like the idea. I'd have been happy if it matched the performance of my 5D but in reality the A7 just crushed it and it still does almost everything I want.

Reading this thread and some others I'm often amazed at how much time and money some spend swapping perfectly good expensive kit for more perfectly good expensive kit. Just one little example, one person we know quite well on this site :D has had some very expensive kit and is currently selling a Leica that's only a few months old. TBH if I spend thousands on gear and was looking to sell it within a few months I think I'd be taking a long hard look at myself... but then I remember I used to do this with cars so who am I to judge.

So, I’m out with my A73 for the first time.
Quite enjoyable except for the grey focus acquisition box. Can I change the colour ?

I am finding that my A7RIII is better at keeping focus than my A7RIV :thinking:
The A7RIV keeps losing focus halfway through the bursts.

Trying find a post regarding this that pop up on my FB feed. He ended up going back to his a7r3 as he went through 2 a7r4 both was same

Back