The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

The strap does not slide with the back pack pressing on it.
Can't you put strap over backpack strap?
Tbh, when I go out, I'll take the backpack and my tripod.
Set up lens on tripod/gimbal, then when moving just carry tripod/lens over my shoulder.

Last edited:
I carry my Sigma 150-600 by the tripod foot all the time, no strap etc :ROFLMAO:, we're tough up north ;)

This looks like potentially decent rival to Sony...

40mp
20 FPS silent shutter
12 FPS mechanical shutter
IBIS
8k video
Dual card slots
Canon build & weather sealing.
And no horrible back touch slider!!! Yay.
IMG_5060.JPG

40mp
20 FPS silent shutter
IBIS
8k video
Dual card slots
View attachment 268575

Looks interesting that but already a few people saying the specs aren't what they seem. For example the 8k video is only available in time lapse mode, 4k video is only available in crop and there will be various restrictions on the 20fps.

Guess we will have to wait and see.

40mp
20 FPS silent shutter
IBIS
8k video
Dual card slots
View attachment 268575

That will be immense. I’d imagine about £5-£6k though.

Just seen they’ve released a 24-105 f4-f7.1, seems a silly lens!

F7.1 :ROFLMAO:

Sony a9ii does similar/more, for less and has proper lenses.

Last edited:
Looks interesting that but already a few people saying the specs aren't what they seem. For example the 8k video is only available in time lapse mode, 4k video is only available in crop and there will be various restrictions on the 20fps.

Guess we will have to wait and see.

Canon have been saying there next camera's will be significantly improved and without cripple, pushing them back to the top of the market tech wise, if the specs are true this will defiantly be the case, they rf lens are already better than anyone else's.

They just need to keep the price competitive as there RF Len's how ever good are very expensive.

its a 100-500 f4-f7.1, bit of a strange ulrazoom but is meant to be very small.

F7.1 :ROFLMAO:

Sony a9ii does similar/more, for less and has proper lenses.

if these specs are true and AF match's even the Sony fan boys wont be able to say the a9ii is better.

Canon have been saying there next camera's will be significantly improved and without cripple, pushing them back to the top of the market tech wise, if the specs are true this will defiantly be the case, they rf lens are already better than anyone else's.

They just need to keep the price competitive as there RF Len's how ever good are very expensive.

its a 100-500 f4-f7.1, bit of a strange ulrazoom but is meant to be very small.

if these specs are true and AF match's even the Sony fan boys wont be able to say the a9ii is better.

No, they wont, but thats a good thing anyway, competition is good.

And blackout?

This might have blackout too hard to know till it launches.

It does look very good spec it's a pity this wasn't the one they launched at first, they could easily have made this the first R.

This is the one a lot of Canon DSLR users have been waiting for a mirrorless version of the 5D.

I will probably have a look at it when it launches the specs of this suit me better than the A7RIV I have now as I could use it for work as well.

My A9 is up in the classifieds if anyone is interested. Lenses to follow after body goes. :(
Oh dear that's not great you've not had it long. Getting something else or having a break?

1Dx3 does not blackout at 20fps, so this suggest R5 wouldn't but, until it is official out, we won't know.
Surely it blacks out, the mirror has to flip? Maybe what you mean is the blackout is undetectable to the normal human eye?

4 months time when the R5 is out you will be one of the first users I bet...

Really? Whys that? I already have blackout free, 20fps, 2 card slots, IBIS, class leading AF and lenses I actually want that dont cost thousands NOW, for far less money than the R5 will launch at.

Last edited:
Not one for me either but its cool Sony is doing a bunch of 1.8 primes that are small, light and reasonably cheap.

A lot of people where expecting an 18GM lens, I probably wouldn't have got that either.

Maybe a good option for someone who wants a fast widish lens but doesn't have the budget for the 24GM.

Back