The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

See no point in it for me, the A7iii is more than enough of a machine for the next few years of weddings

same rear LCD screen which is a shame :(

Same as last model?

LCD Screen Type 7.5cm (3.0-type) type TFT Number of dots (total) 1,440,000 dots Touch panel Yes Brightness control Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode Adjustable angle Up by approx. 107 degrees, Down by approx. 41 degrees Display Selecter (FINDER/LCD) Yes (Auto/Manual) Real-time image-adjustment display On/Off Quick Navi Yes Focus magnifier Yes (35mm full frame: 5.9x, 11.9x APS-C: 3.9x, 7.8x) Zebra Yes (selectable level + range or lower limit as custom setting) Peaking MF Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, Color: Red/Yellow/Blue/White) Others WhiteMagic™, Grid Line (Rule of 3rds Grid/Square Grid/Diag. + Square Grid/Off), Movie Marker (Center/Aspect/Safety Zone/Guideframe) Display Contents Graphic Display, Display All Info, No Disp. Info, Digital Level Gauge, Histogram, For viewfinder, Monitor Of

See no point in it for me, the A7iii is more than enough of a machine for the next few years of weddings

It is absolutely but the A7RIV resolution, especially the APSC crop resolution opens up a lot of options. Who needs a long lens anymore with one of these.

For hybrid shooters at weddings this thing will be a beast, eye a.f on video will be a possible game changer for the video guys.

It is absolutely but the A7RIV resolution, especially the APSC crop resolution opens up a lot of options. Who needs a long lens anymore with one of these.

For hybrid shooters at weddings this thing will be a beast, eye a.f on video will be a possible game changer for the video guys.

Yep, it definitely seems like they've concentrated on video on this release. Assume it means there'll be no S series of the A7 in this iteration.

Does it have the same body and does it have that rumoured extra top dial?

Same as last model?

LCD Screen Type 7.5cm (3.0-type) type TFT Number of dots (total) 1,440,000 dots Touch panel Yes Brightness control Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode Adjustable angle Up by approx. 107 degrees, Down by approx. 41 degrees Display Selecter (FINDER/LCD) Yes (Auto/Manual) Real-time image-adjustment display On/Off Quick Navi Yes Focus magnifier Yes (35mm full frame: 5.9x, 11.9x APS-C: 3.9x, 7.8x) Zebra Yes (selectable level + range or lower limit as custom setting) Peaking MF Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, Color: Red/Yellow/Blue/White) Others WhiteMagic™, Grid Line (Rule of 3rds Grid/Square Grid/Diag. + Square Grid/Off), Movie Marker (Center/Aspect/Safety Zone/Guideframe) Display Contents Graphic Display, Display All Info, No Disp. Info, Digital Level Gauge, Histogram, For viewfinder, Monitor Of

Is that not the same? all I saw was the 1.44mp which is pretty poor. At least the specs of the EVF look better

I was determined not to get one of these as I don't need all that resolution.

In my best scummy voice though, " I have a wee claim coming in" and will likely use that for one of these instead of the drugs and bad women I was planning on spending it on.

Is that not the same? all I saw was the 1.44mp which is pretty poor. At least the specs of the EVF look better

Yup looks to be the same, seems to be an area Sony is lagging behind as both Canon and Nikon are using a 2mp + rear displays but I've not used any of them so have no real point of reference for how good they are.

Back