The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Exactly, that's what I think when people say they'll make their own.

I made my own for substantially less than that price, so easy to do as well.

Cheers Paul unfortunately it's my balance tbh not the camera even at high shutter speeds never been an issue before though must admit guess I need to wait for this a9 if it has 80 mp lol

I made my own for substantially less than that price, so easy to do as well.

1) I would need to learn how to do it... properly
2) I would need to buy the material and include postage
3) Find the time to do it

£7.50 delivered is way less than the above would have cost me.

80mp 14 bit RAW unlimited buffer LOL! When are those pigs flying again?
yep not going to happen mate if it does then 5k Is a snip if it has ibis and 70 to 80mp I will buy on release lol

As much as I'd love an 80mp camera, my still relatively high end PC already struggles by the time you slap a couple of adjustments on a 42mp photo. 80mp would kill the poor thing.

As much as I'd love an 80mp camera, my still relatively high end PC already struggles by the time you slap a couple of adjustments on a 42mp photo. 80mp would kill the poor thing.
yeah I know what your saying wouldn't be an ideal wedding camera cant lie lol

Agreed. Then you have ISO noise, buffer issues / lag etc, lenses not being able to resolve the detail @ 80mp and realistically how many people would ever need 80mp besides to pixel peep (Im not saying nobody needs it).

Agreed. Then you have ISO noise, buffer issues / lag etc, lenses not being able to resolve the detail @ 80mp and realistically how many people would ever need 80mp besides to pixel peep (Im not saying nobody needs it).
your right but the chances of a massive sensor with zero buffer..... totally unrealistic imho

your right but the chances of a massive sensor with zero buffer..... totally unrealistic imho

At the moment, of course it is. They cant even get 42mp to buffer 14 bit RAWs properly without the camera jamming up for ages after only a handful of shots.

At the moment, of course it is. They cant even get 42mp to buffer 14 bit RAWs properly without the camera jamming up for ages after only a handful of shots.
That's one thing that I think Sony need to work on more than anything else, processing power. Not only more of it, but managed better so the camera doing one thing doesn't stop you doing something else. It's rarely more than a minor annoyance for me but I can see how it can cause problems for others. I'd say we need that more than we need dual slots and 80mp photos.

That's one thing that I think Sony need to work on more than anything else, processing power. Not only more of it, but managed better so the camera doing one thing doesn't stop you doing something else. It's rarely more than a minor annoyance for me but I can see how it can cause problems for others. I'd say we need that more than we need dual slots and 80mp photos.

Yeah, it would frustrate me because I tend to work at a fast pace but can see how it wouldnt bother others. I remember the older A77, you could change the aperture and actually see the hesitation on the display before anything happened!!

yep not going to happen mate if it does then 5k Is a snip if it has ibis and 70 to 80mp I will buy on release lol

You're returning a 51Mp medium format camera because of issues with camera shake. Whilst any Sony body would probably have IBIS I reckon an 80Mp is still going to show shake with it. Wouldn't you be better spending that £5k on lenses and a trip away to shoot with your current kit?

You're returning a 51Mp medium format camera because of issues with camera shake. Whilst any Sony body would probably have IBIS I reckon an 80Mp is still going to show shake with it. Wouldn't you be better spending that £5k on lenses and a trip away to shoot with your current kit?

tbh if it does ever get released trying to learn from this pentax I will try it first ... I would imagine the ibis helps me more than I imagined .. that being said the 5dsr was fine so I'm just a bit weird with balance I guess :-( Already booked up for hols this year :) will keep my money in the bank lol

I guess a test would be to turn ibis off and then turn it on and compare????

well always wanted medium format and had a nice bonus from work this year so decided to treat myself lol defo should of listened to my head rather than my heart on this occasion but its packed up ready to go in the next hour and already sorted refund so no worries lol

There goes the A7rii resale value. They really arent doing themselves or the customer base they are trying to build up any favours..... tbh though im still not convinced.

until its announced its speculation tbh might not be here for 5 years lol
Exactly.
All we have here is an anonymous source at the rumour site that will post any old nonsense, and that nonsense being reposted by digitalrev, and people are starting to take it as a fact! Coming soon - people complaining that the camera Sony promised them hasn't been released yet!

the a77ii still has adjustment lag on the displays, i thought all sony cameras did? think my mums a6000 is similerly laggy

the a77ii still has adjustment lag on the displays, i thought all sony cameras did? think my mums a6000 is similerly laggy

Havent tried the mk2 but the mk1 was shocking, cant say I noticed it that much on the A6k.

lol, just read a rumour on SAR that the new 70-200 f2.8 could be £3.5 - £4k :LOL:

Hopefully it's complete bs, but if not that is hilarious. Although if true it may ruin my plan of picking up a cheap secondhand f4.

Actually not sure whether to get a secondhand 70-200 f4 or the new 70-300 once prices stabilise. Need to wait for reviews I think.

Seems the new Godox TT865S TTL and HSS flash for Sony is now available, along with their X1-S transmitter for OCF.

The flash is on Amazon for about £85 and the transmitter on eBay for £43 (ish, from memory). I'll be ordering a couple of these I think.

More about them here for anyone interested: http://flashhavoc.com/godox-tt685s-sony-ttl-speedlight-released/

April 14th London 1pm.
Zeiss announcement.
I am guessing it's to announce the new Zeiss Batis 18mm f2.0 :)

Back