The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I cut down my gear to just over a third value over the past few weeks, not nice.

I have been through tough times before so to be honest I am not really that concerned. In the ways that matter most I am very lucky. I have an amazing wife, 2 great kids and working as a photographer has been an amazing adventure that has allowed me to travel and do things I would never have imagined.

The future is looking very grim but there is always someone worse off. If we come out the other side of this with my family and friends all still fit and healthy that’s more than enough for me.

I started my business from absolutely nothing I can do the same again or maybe this time I will do something different.

I have been through tough times before so to be honest I am not really that concerned. In the ways that matter most I am very lucky. I have an amazing wife, 2 great kids and working as a photographer has been an amazing adventure that has allowed me to travel and do things I would never have imagined.

The future is looking very grim but there is always someone worse off. If we come out the other side of this with my family and friends all still fit and healthy that’s more than enough for me.

I started my business from absolutely nothing I can do the same again or maybe this time I will do something different.

Completely agree, we've been through very difficult times and life is going to be tough for a while yet, but we're also very fortunate and count our blessings and think about those less fortunate and hope things improve for them.

I don't think global warming will wipe us out, imo its going to be the flu or a virus.

Haven't got Netflix

Take a trial, it's free then cancel. Basically it's about flu strains and how they handle outbreaks without the worldwide population knowing/not knowing about it. Its scary stuff but extremely relative.

Last edited:
zero hours people are actually not gonna be much worse off as will those who are Ltd company and are on the books paying themselves a wage. It’s soletraders like photographers, window cleaners, taxi drivers etc that are in big trouble.
Not everyone in this category is going to have it easy, far from it. These small Ltd companies can easily go under and then there’s no wages.

Do you have a fire stick? Just get an IPTV subscription £20 or whatever for the year.
Yes got one of those and a smart TV. I'll look into it.
Tbh not keen on spending money atm. I am lucky to have a job for now but don't want to take it for granted. Never know when things go downhill and it doesn't come with a warning these days. Situation is very fluid.

Yes got one of those and a smart TV. I'll look into it.
Tbh not keen on spending money atm. I am lucky to have a job for now but don't want to take it for granted. Never know when things go downhill and it doesn't come with a warning these days. Situation is very fluid.

Netflix does 1 month free, take advantage.

Everyone employed who is layed off due to the Coronavirus will get 80% of there wages up to the value of £2500 a month. They are the lucky ones.
You've got that the wrong way round - The government will pay 80% of an employees wages (up to a maximum of £2500/month) IF companies DO NOT make them redundant.
The help is for the business, not the employee.

You've got that the wrong way round - The government will pay 80% of an employees wages (up to a maximum of £2500/month) IF companies DO NOT make them redundant.

That's correct - the objective is to keep all employees retained by the business, rather than everyone having to find new jobs when the lockdown is lifted.

Yes I chose the wrong wording when I said layed of due to the coronavirus, I meant unable to work because of it, sent home by there employer etc. I thought that was obvious.

I very much feel sorry for those unable to earn & whose business is unlikely to give them access to government assistance through this.

This probably isn't quite the right time to invest, but when things start to ease then it would be a very good thing to do - interest rates will be non-existent making saving a waste of time - and investing would help businesses to bounce back. We have some money, and I'd much rather use it that way than let it sit in a BS.

I wont be investing as thankfully I don't need to but I do think that now could be a good time whilst things are so low rather than when they're on the up but no investment should be done with the expectation of cashing in in a few months. Years is a much better timescale but I'd settle for a tracker and cash in when the markets are over 7k again or something like that which should be a realistic expectation.

For those who rely on savings or investments for an income these could be difficult times.

Spring is here!

pRr8HrO.jpg

mT4Bzpp.jpg

Going to spam you all with some more Brecon Beacons images :)

I got a left boot full the image after this one!!! :rolleyes:

by Lee, on Flickr

Pen y Fan 85mm handheld panorama

by Lee, on Flickr

Melincourt with the 40/1.2 - I loved how the water fell onto the rocks here

by Lee, on Flickr
Very nice indeed. Your images seem quite large though and I have to scroll to see all the photo, are others finding this?

Very nice indeed. Your images seem quite large though and I have to scroll to see all the photo, are others finding this?

Fine here what your viewing on

It was my first 'not doing a wedding' day today, postponed until next year. I'm currently editing one from last Saturday and that already feels like an absolute world away.

My 6th day at home with the child (he was sent home on Monday with a cough) but a bit of sunshine made things much better. Oddly I'm shooting more than ever now as I decided straight away to document our self-isolation and it's been lovely editing the photos every evening. My wife is a key worker (special needs teacher) so we were offered a school place for him as she is going to be working right through (including easter holidays), but it appeared to be glorified childcare rather than actual schooling, so I'm going to be a stay at home Dad for the forseeable future.

DSC03514 by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

Sony a7RII & Sony FE 35mm 1.8

Last edited:
zero hours people are actually not gonna be much worse off as will those who are Ltd company and are on the books paying themselves a wage. It’s soletraders like photographers, window cleaners, taxi drivers etc that are in big trouble.
Yea i have a ltd company doing IT work and thank God my previous client let me engaged with them for a further 3months

There is one in sales for an excellent price

When I first looked at that it wasn’t much less than you can get new from E-Infinity but with their recent price surge it’s looking a lot better price now.

I used my Sony 35mm f1.8 this morning for mothers day pictures. I'd forgotten how close it'll focus and that comes in handy.

When I first looked at that it wasn’t much less than you can get new from E-Infinity but with their recent price surge it’s looking a lot better price now.

Considering MPB is offering £400 for it, it's not a bad price.

Back