The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I’m always confused by this, I’m guessing as there’s a keyboard in the image your on PC not console , so why use a controller?

If playing online it must surely put you at a disadvantage.

More of a console player myself?

Try playing the pc version of fifa with a keyboard and mouse and see how you get on. :ROFLMAO:

er… what?

I picked up a camera earlier and the sun instantly went in. Oh well.

I’m always confused by this, I’m guessing as there’s a keyboard in the image your on PC not console , so why use a controller?

Depends on what you are playing, FPS is definitely better with a keyboard and mouse, driving, sport games, platformers and sandbox are much better with a controller.

Last edited:
Depends on what you are playing, FPS is definitely better with a keyboard and mouse, driving, sport games, platformers and sandbox are much better with a controller.

I guess your right, I couldn’t even comprehend trying to play a sports type game on keyboard.

I’m only a FPS player and for that I can understand playing on PC as they have far better Fps, and control with a mouse.

I think your lucky to hit 30fps consistently on pubg on either console [emoji26] I just couldn’t handle the pc/ keyboard sweats being not great with one myself.

I game mostly on pc and I play racing and sports games on a control pad.

Fps games on mouse and keyboard

Fallout 4.
Cod warzone (its free to play)
Pro evo 2020
GTA 5
Days gone (on ps4 just got it today)

Gta 5 (y)

Look on epic, they give away new stuff every week. Close to the sun is free at the mo and just cause 4 is next week. Add them to your library. Origins has nfs most wanted for 1.99 and battlefield 1 for 4.49.

Gta 5 (y)

Look on epic, they give away new stuff every week. Close to the sun is free at the mo and just cause 4 is next week. Add them to your library. Origins has nfs most wanted for 1.99 and battlefield 1 for 4.49.
Nice. What games do you play?

Any on pc?

Nice. What games do you play?

Any on pc?
COD for me on the PS4, before that came out it was Star Wars Battlefront 2. I occasionally play Gran Turismo Sport and Project Cars 2. I've got other games but never play them. Used to be a massive FIFA fan in my teens and early 20's but just not fussed anymore for some reason.

Let's share game tags here for each platform you are in.

I'll start.

Jonneymendoza :psn
Pinoy_soldier :steam
Pinoysoldier : cod warzone crossplay
Jonneymendoza69 : EA origin

COD for me on the PS4, before that came out it was Star Wars Battlefront 2. I occasionally play Gran Turismo Sport and Project Cars 2. I've got other games but never play them. Used to be a massive FIFA fan in my teens and early 20's but just not fussed anymore for some reason.

I think it’s my favourite COD tbh. Really like the story mode too.

Dirt Rally is pretty decent as it’s free!!

I bought FIFA as it was £26 and I miss football lol

Last edited:

I'll start.

My tag is the same for most platforms and forums (y)

Gta 5 (y)

Finally finished GTAV couple months back, I have stupid money on there now, can buy tanks, choppers etc ... course all missions are done so it'll be just going in game to offload some stress :D I had it on the ancient XB360. When I do get a decent PC I might re-play it. Fun game.

Finally finished GTAV couple months back, I have stupid money on there now, can buy tanks, choppers etc ... course all missions are done so it'll be just going in game to offload some stress :D I had it on the ancient XB360. When I do get a decent PC I might re-play it. Fun game.
Have not finished that yet lol.

Had it on console before and then got it again on pc

I'll start.

Only play Xbox and really only play pubg, couldn’t get on with war zone seemed to arcade after playing pub for so long, if they bring out a hardcore version I would give it another shot.

Xx30TCHT0TZxX

Only play Xbox and really only play pubg, couldn’t get on with war zone seemed to arcade after playing pub for so long, if they bring out a hardcore version I would give it another shot.

Xx30TCHT0TZxX
Pubg more realistic then cod? Mind you the last cod I liked was mw2. Not bothered until now with warzone being free.

I'm more of a battlefield guy

20mm at f1.8 followed by a 100% crop. I hope this keeps the sharpness.

HKHAABc.jpg

AKN96Cw.jpg

Think I might put my 24 art for sale if anyone’s interested. Just haven’t used it tbf and it’s as new really. Shame sat there doing nothing when I have another little project that the money could go towards.

Think I might put my 24 art for sale if anyone’s interested. Just haven’t used it tbf and it’s as new really. Shame sat there doing nothing when I have another little project that the money could go towards.
I don't think many of us has used any of our gear at times like these

I don't think many of us has used any of our gear at times like these

You’re right, going out to use your gear is what most people do, though there’s plenty you can still do at home. I meant that I’ve just not used the 24 much at all since I’ve had it.
On a personal level, I’ve been snapping away at home as a mini record of what we’ve been doing to keep sane. Some things that we would never have done otherwise.

I would have never painted stones before this..

49767910583_e720e08afc_b.jpg

49768444261_60a36d6641_b.jpg

Or probably not have seen her first hand stands. Though I was a bit slow off the mark with the 55 being a bit tight, but hey ho, it was what was to hand.

49768784882_1239e0407f_b.jpg

We've had the bubbles out a fair bit.

49768789267_3133eb35f8_b.jpg

And enjoyed doing some reading etc.

49768464101_022ef1a44a_b.jpg

We are lucky to have a garden that we can use. I am now getting a little stretched with snapping the everyday without walks etc. Still, it's tough trying to use your camera at home, it's a challenging time and not everyone has a family to snap, appreciate that.

Last edited:
Can I ask a favour of anyone with the 20mm f1.8
@woof woof
One of my favourite subjects are motorbikes.
Would it be possible to shoot a bike, even a pushbike would do.
Wide open from something like this angle.

Appreciate it, trying to decide between the 24gm or 20mm

This is with the 35, I couldn't get back any further, would've like to have included more of the front wheel.

DSC00021.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

Last edited:
Can I ask a favour of anyone with the 20mm f1.8
@woof woof
One of my favourite subjects are motorbikes.
Would it be possible to shoot a bike, even a pushbike would do.
Wide open from something like this angle.

Appreciate it, trying to decide between the 24gm or 20mm

This is with the 35, I couldn't get back any further, would've like to have included more of the front wheel.

DSC00021.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

what are you trying to test?
Field of view or DoF or both?

I have a sigma 14-24mm. i can shoot at 20mm and 24mm but can't replicated the shallow DoF.

I have a 24GM i can shoot at f1.4 with that but of course no 20/1.8.

what are you trying to test?
Field of view or DoF or both?

I have a sigma 14-24mm. i can shoot at 20mm and 24mm but can't replicated the shallow DoF.

I have a 24GM i can shoot at f1.4 with that but of course no 20/1.8.

Mostly field of view, I'm also interested in how much distortion there will be when shooting close up.

Mostly field of view, I'm also interested in how much distortion there will be when shooting close up.

you will get more perspective distortion from 20mm than 24mm. Wider you go more distortion but it depends on at which point it goes from being desirable to being cringing lol (though that's a bit personal)

Back