The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I keep wanting another Sammy 50 f1.4 for the rendering, but for now I'm going to stick with the 55 and enjoy the small size & lack of weight.

There's one in amazon warehouse deals for £300

A 45mm f1.8 available for £227
Couple 35mm f1.4 for £350

I paid £225 used for a mint one last year, and don't really want to spend more, plus the 55 IS a good lens. I'm happier keeping gear and learning to use it than swapping frequently.

Having said that, a couple of my favourite images (also in my Flickr top 10) we're taken on a single day in London with that lens.

Voigtlander e mount 35mm f1.2 SE review...

http://www.fujiya-blog.com/info/20200526/

"Voigtlander NOKTON 35mm F1.2 Aspherical SE Sony E was a very fun lens to use with its unique and wide range of expressions.

The unique bokeh, combined with the extremely bright f-value of open f1.2, made me feel very attractive.

When I used the same M-mount lens, I had the impression that it had a slight purple fringe, but this time it didn't happen because of the optimization for the Sony mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera.

The characteristic of the image changes when the lens is fully opened and when the aperture is stopped down, and I think that the joy of taking the lens according to the image can be enjoyed and the joy of using it doubled."

Looking at the samples the lens doesn't seem as wild and funky as the 35mm f1.4 can be with the wrong scene/background. I'll be interested to see more reviews and samples as they come along. Must admit I'm fighting the urge to be sort of interested.

PS.
The comment about the Rokkor 58mm f1.4 being better is very possibly total tosh. I have Rokkor 50/55mm f1.2, 1.4 and f1.7 lenses and none of them are great at their widest apertures.

Last edited:
That was on U.K hot deals a few days ago, there was stock at the time.

Imagine that is why there is none left now.
Just received an email saying they're expecting stock at the end of the week.

Last edited:
A few from Ulverston Canal this afternoon.

1: Robin (really pleased with the background on this and focus on eye)
DSC06743-3 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

2: Dunnock 1
DSC06717 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

3: Dunnock 2
DSC06726 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

4: Female Chaffinch with poorly legs/feet
DSC06733 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

Like all your shots and especially the Robin but not a fan of the framing. Personally finding it a little distracting tbh.

Like all your shots and especially the Robin but not a fan of the framing. Personally finding it a little distracting tbh.

Point taken, it doesn't really work especially on the format of this forum.

A couple of lillies opened today.

A7 and Voigtlander 35mm f1.4.

aODkOw4.jpg

The house and garden are still our world at the moment.

Tamron 70 - 180 back in stock at E-Infinity @ £939. For those tempted be quick as last time I got a notification that a lens was back-in stock they were sold out within a day. Think I’m going to pass for the time being as I‘m tending towards primes still.

after some help please..

My 16 year old is currently using my d500 and d600 for automotive shots. The d600 is used for the "detail" images he produces but he is hankering after Sony so that he doesn't have to flit between 2 cameras and thres probably a few other reasons he isn't telling me about..

Is the a7ii still a good buy ? I'm thinking about used and coupling it with a Tamron 28-75 f2.8 as that seems to get good reviews

after some help please..

My 16 year old is currently using my d500 and d600 for automotive shots. The d600 is used for the "detail" images he produces but he is hankering after Sony so that he doesn't have to flit between 2 cameras and thres probably a few other reasons he isn't telling me about..

Is the a7ii still a good buy ? I'm thinking about used and coupling it with a Tamron 28-75 f2.8 as that seems to get good reviews

Depends on what you want to shoot with it (cars moving or stationary). The D600 sensor and center point CAF are better... the D500 sensor performance is probably also better and the AF far superior.

Last edited:

A7II was never a good body IMO :p

If you can stretch it a little pick up a used Sony A7RII. There is someone in price check forum looking to sell their tamron 28-75mm which is a great lens.

Depends on what you want to shoot with it (cars moving or stationary). The D600 sensor and center point CAF are better... the D500 sensor performance is probably also better and the AF far superior.

Stationary as the d500 AF is so good for moving shots

They will but they will charge they won't do any "free" service work on grey imports.
Yeah, unless you have bought grey import then its a chargeable service.

e-infin claim they'll help with charges or they'll claim its within manufactures tolerances when 1/4th the side of you image is mush like they did with my mate lol

Tamron 70 - 180 back in stock at E-Infinity @ £939. For those tempted be quick as last time I got a notification that a lens was back-in stock they were sold out within a day. Think I’m going to pass for the time being as I‘m tending towards primes still.

Looks like its out of stock now.

Back