The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

e-infin claim they'll help with charges or they'll claim its within manufactures tolerances when 1/4th the side of you image is mush like they did with my mate lol

Maybe they will, personally I wouldn't want to rely on e-infin's customer serviced for support.

Maybe they will, personally I wouldn't want to rely on e-infin's customer serviced for support.

there was a guy claiming they were the best thing since sliced bread. I wonder if they pick their favourites or you have to spend a certain amount of money for them to notice you lol

there was a guy claiming they were the best thing since sliced bread. I wonder if they pick their favourites or you have to spend a certain amount of money for them to notice you lol

I don't think so, I know people who have spent tens of thousands with them and got poor service.

They're all the best thing since sliced bread.....until you have a problem...that's when you really see how good they are....or aren't.

49987454407_ce0cbf5e87_b.jpg

Very tiny fly.
My first attempt at focus stacking in the field...the garden!
Sony A6000, Sony 90mm f2.8 macro lens, Raynox DCR-250.

Looks like its out of stock now.

Yep same thing happened with the 90mm macro, either they are shifting a lot of lenses on backlog or getting limited stock when they do. The email alert seems to work though as you get about 2/3 hours (if you wake up early ;) ) to get your order in before stock goes.

Yep same thing happened with the 90mm macro, either they are shifting a lot of lenses on backlog or getting limited stock when they do. The email alert seems to work though as you get about 2/3 hours (if you wake up early ;) ) to get your order in before stock goes.

Waking up early is not the issue, e-infin is ;)
Don't think I'll be ordering from them any time soon.

Also why buy 90mm macro from e-infinity when you can get UK version with extended warranty for £50 more.

Last edited:

Also why buy 90mm macro from e-infinity when you can get UK version with extended warranty for £50 more.
Back in February I bought the 90mm macro from e-infinity for £609 which then was a considerable saving on the UK price. There seems to be a gradual convergence of pricing between HK and UK stock since the virus hit due to exchange rates and other factors (of which I know nothing).

TBF for only a £50 saving I wouldn’t use E-infinity. Using grey importers has been discussed to death and it’s all down to the individual to decide whether it’s right for them. In the case of the 90mm macro when they advised it was back in stock it came with a £50/60 price increase, the Tamron became available at the same price it was previously. All good fun as they say.

TBF for only a £50 saving I wouldn’t use E-infinity. Using grey importers has been discussed to death and it’s all down to the individual to decide whether it’s right for them. In the case of the 90mm macro when they advised it was back in stock it came with a £50/60 price increase, the Tamron became available at the same price it was previously. All good fun as they say.

I noticed when samyang 75mm f1.8 came back in stock it was £100 more lol.
In general they don't very straight forward to deal with. Even if I decided to grey import it wouldn't be from them.

A friend just got a D500 from E-Infinity 4 days from order to delivery. I've used them many times, but never had a faulty item so I can understand how people are wary of that kinda situation. If the savings are large enough you just weigh up the risk/reward and make a choice.

Very tiny fly.
My first attempt at focus stacking in the field...the garden!
Sony A6000, Sony 90mm f2.8 macro lens, Raynox DCR-250.
Is this achieved using the focus bracketing play memories app? Moving the camera back and forth in continuous drive mode? Or manually adjusting the focus a tiny bit and reshooting?

I've gone on the straight and narrow so to speak these days and don't own a single bit of grey kit, but I can't deny that the £400 saving on the 70-180mm is very tempting ;)

Well the Samyang 45mm has just turned up (Not grey ;)) Boy is it tiny and light. Just need to break away from work to check whether it’s one of those decentered specials or not

More lilies and gladioli too. This time with my A7, Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 and a cheap No. 4 close up filter.

b9L6JRp.jpg

W0BjdXl.jpg

FWI4psg.jpg

Damn, as usual they've lost some sharpness here.

I'll try a 100% from that top one.

BcwZlbF.jpg

Again it's lost some sharpness but it looks ok on my screen.

Last edited:
Is this achieved using the focus bracketing play memories app? Moving the camera back and forth in continuous drive mode? Or manually adjusting the focus a tiny bit and reshooting?
I've not used that app method yet, in fact I didn't know there was bracketing facility in the app. I used a macro focussing rail mounted on a Benro geared head on a tripod taking a series of shots and merged in software.
Is this app the one you have to pay for? I've found the other app demonstrated here:
View: https://youtu.be/XZOdZKWb1Fk

but I simply cannot install it!

Edit: Just installed it on my Mac, I'm an idiot!!

Last edited:
I really wanted the Kirk tripod foot for my 200-600mm but decided to try out a cheaper eBay one. Arrived within 10 days from China. The packaging was a little lacking but more than makes up for it in quality. Very nice tripod foot that's Arca compatible.

IMG_20200609_152515.jpg
IMG_20200609_152448.jpg

Last edited:
When it arrives with you check the firmware version. The newest firmware improves a.f, by this stage of the game it will likely come pre-installed if not you may need to download the firmware from Samyangs website and get the hold of a dock to update it.

It’s running version 3, is this the latest one? Based on my check earlier decentering doesn’t seem to be an issue so all good on that front.

It’s running version 3, is this the latest one? Based on my check earlier decentering doesn’t seem to be an issue so all good on that front.

Yes I think that’s the most recent one.

Sorry if this has already been posted - the rumour site has a picture of the Tamron 28-200mm on an A7x...

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/lea...00mm-fe-lens-image-shipment-start-is-june-25/

I think that's make a nice day out and holiday lens, add a fast prime and maybe that's a lot of things covered :D

Anyone interested?

Really depends on the quality. It'd have to compete with 24-105mm for me.
Also 24mm missing is not ideal but I'll put up with that if it's sharp across the range which is unlikely.

Yes I think that’s the most recent one.

Checked on Samyang website and the last firmware available to download is version 2 which is the one improving autofocus so presumably version 3 a very recent upgrade.

You should probably test the optics first ;)
They can't FW update that :D

Have done a quick decentering test and to my eye all the corners appear the same. Hopefully have more time over the next few days to test the optics a lot more.

Unfortunately they can’t FW update my eyes either which may be the biggest problem these days :ROFLMAO:

I'm still thinking which way to go as my MFT kit is compact and light and in some ways outperforms my A7 for example focus is pretty much instantaneous with some lenses whilst the A7 is never even in the league plus MFT can shoot completely silently while my A7 can't. A new A7x will bring silent shooting and some increase in speed but I can't see FF ever matching the speed of MTF for discrete social pictures. Then there's how compact and light MFT is.

A long FF lens would be nice so at some point I'll be looking at examples of MFT at 400mm and f6.3 v A7x at 400mm f6.3 and working out if I'd ever take the FF kit past the front gate. At the moment of course all I have to take pictures of is Mrs WW, flowers in the garden, the hill and the moon.

Last edited:
Back