The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

That's interesting given the bit that I have put in bold as that suggests an obvious differnce (that I don't dispute is happening) but I see nothing that would remotely fit in that box. Very strange if that level of difference is, or isn't, being seen by different people.
It also makes a difference what you’re viewing them on. Half the time I’m using an iPad, half the time a 27” Mac.

Just my two 24" Dell monitors that I use for work, same on both and no real difference. Will look on my iPad later too....

Really do like this, cool shot and nicely taken.

Thanks Dave. Was quite fortunate to get a juxta on both heads at the same time.

Absolutely love it!! :D
I know it's cheating a little but it would be even better if you could clone out the sign post on the right.

Thanks nand. :giggle: I did try cropping it completely out earlier but it chops off just the very tip of the brush so I thought, ah, I'll leave it.

The dark corner is nearby not as distracting as the sign post. Looks great (y)
Exactly what I had in mind anyway.

A couple from today.

A7 and Minolta Rokkor 135mm f2.8.

S62QYwk.jpg

Rokkor 50mm f1.4.

cLdhCMS.jpg

Not too many Black Friday camera related bargains around this year.

I spoke to E-infin and they said they couldn't afford to do any this year because of covid,

As it's quiet here...

A7 and Minolta Rokkor 50mm f1.4.

Coffee in the high street...

WPzGvJS.jpg

Like many if not all older lenses this lens is a bit rough at wider apertures but stopped down it's surprisingly good, IMO.

Re the 135mm f2.8 shot a few posts above.
I haven't used it for a while and I when used it yesterday I was shocked at low soft the view was until I realised the dioptre had been knocked and needed adjusting :D

Can’t stand Bounties. Detest coconut, unless it’s coconut milk in a curry.

I love coconut. We often buy them, I cut them up and we just eat the pieces from a bowl plus Mrs WW uses them in cooking. I like milk chocolate bounties but the dark chocolate one is IMO the pinnacle of confectionery.

I love coconut. We often buy them, I cut them up and we just eat the pieces from a bowl plus Mrs WW uses them in cooking. I like milk chocolate bounties but the dark chocolate one is IMO the pinnacle of confectionery.

they are also my missus' favourite :D

I want my camera! Flight has been delayed yet again. Panamoz are being very pro-active in keeping me informed (and giving me some money back in compen.)

Patience... it'll come and when it does you'll be very very happy :D

I thought about getting a Voigtlander 35mm f1.2 but I don't think I'll bother. I'm tempted by a wide or long zoom but again I don't think I'll bother. The only other thing that repeatedly tempts me a lot is the A7c but although it's finding fans here there just seem to be too many work arounds for me and although I could work around most things the one I'm stuck on is not being able to go seamlessly and without intervention from me from mechanical to electronic shutter as I can with my MFT cameras.

A FF camera that's smaller than my GX9?

Untitled-1.jpg

1Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
Patience... it'll come and when it does you'll be very very happy :D

I thought about getting a Voigtlander 35mm f1.2 but I don't think I'll bother. I'm tempted by a wide or long zoom but again I don't think I'll bother. The only other thing that repeatedly tempts me a lot is the A7c but although it's finding fans here there just seem to be too many work arounds for me and although I could work around most things the one I'm stuck on is not being able to go seamlessly and without intervention from me from mechanical to electronic shutter as I can with my MFT cameras.

A FF camera that's smaller than my GX9?

View attachment 300197

View attachment 300198
I honestly don't think you'd gain anything. If you wanted the AF stuff then yes.
Having also come from the MK1 camera, size wise it's the same minus the EVF hump, build quality is a lot better though, really solid feel and much better lens mount. Feels better in the hand than the MK1 camera.

Back