The Bakkhai

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
[url=https://flic.kr/p/RAT6jc]
The Bakkhai (Euripides) by Paul, on Flickr[/URL]

I had the privilege of helping photograph a local university's production of "The Bakkhai," a Greek tragedy originally written by Euripides. It was one continuous scene, so to speak, and was quite challenging with the lighting and movement of the players. It was an interesting experience. To say that it challenged the abilities of the D750 is an understatement. The camera was on auto ISO, I shot aperture priority and ISOs ended anywhere from around 1500 to 256000. This was one of the lower ISOs at 1400. It was focussing on things in virtual darkness. What an amazing camera!

Last edited:
Interesting images which look well executed. Liking the motion blur in shot two, would have been good to see a little more around the subjects to lend some additional context.

Enjoyed the viewing.

Regards

Tim

As promised, here are two shots that give a bit broader context to the play. It was on a small circular stage (10m?) and if they look a little hazy it's because a seemingly integral part of the production was the use of smoke/haze.

The Bakkhai (Euripides) by Paul, on Flickr

The Bakkhai (Euripides) by Paul, on Flickr

Slightly larger versions on Flickr. Thanks for viewing.

(Edit: Hmmm, I don't know what's up with it saying the photo is no longer available. They're still there on Flickr. If you click blank image it will take you to Flickr to the original.)

Last edited:
Back