B&W The Black Mount

I know in reality it's perfectly level, but the fact that horizon line just below the foot of the mountains is not level is really unsettling for me. But otherwise a fantastic photo. Is this shot with an infrared?

Very dramatic Steve looks almost polar with the ice field in the foreground and pitch black sky. The clouds rolling over the mountains gives it a real dynamic feel.

Reactions: ST4
I can see why you converted to mono. The colour version, although good, is not as dramatic is the B&W

I felt when I did the PP for the colour there was something lacking, a drama. I was on a walk with my mate and seeing this scene with my own eyes then the output of the camera I felt the drama, excitement had been lost. Hence I had a crack at mono PP with a view to get that sky strong and dark and to emphasise the textures of the rocks on the mountain against the snow

That's a great shot Steve, I prefer the B&W version. It has a good range of tones with some nice detail in both the shadows and highlights.(y)

George.

I really like this, it's a lovely sharp, contrasting image and i think it suits the black and white.

My only comment, and this is outside your control, is in that landscape there is very little (if any) seperation between the snow covered land and what appears to be an iced over lake/ river in the foreground?? A few good hours thaw may open up some water and reflections.

I really like this, it's a lovely sharp, contrasting image and i think it suits the black and white.

My only comment, and this is outside your control, is in that landscape there is very little (if any) seperation between the snow covered land and what appears to be an iced over lake/ river in the foreground?? A few good hours thaw may open up some water and reflections.

None at all. But I will be back for reflections et al...;)

Back