The Borstal

Name
Greg
Edit My Images
Yes
This is an derelict young offenders institute, which has been abandoned since 2003. It's been bought and is due to be demolished/re-developed, so I'm glad I was able to get a chance to photograph it.

While there wasn't much in the way of personal items left, but the sprawling corridors, peeling paint, and general oppressive atmosphere made for a brilliant explore.

These are a few of my favourite photos, but the whole album can be seen on my Facebook page which is linked in my signature.

All shot with the Fuji X-T2

BORSTAL01 by Greg Basher, on Flickr

BORSTAL11 by Greg Basher, on Flickr

BORSTAL05 by Greg Basher, on Flickr

BORSTAL02 by Greg Basher, on Flickr

BORSTAL06 by Greg Basher, on Flickr

Nice set, and very bleak (y)

Great set here. And thanks, I've just lost an hour or so looking through the collections on your facebook page :LOL: Some briliant sets in there, this is a genre I'd love to get more involved in.

Great set here. And thanks, I've just lost an hour or so looking through the collections on your facebook page :LOL: Some briliant sets in there, this is a genre I'd love to get more involved in.

Thanks!

Abandoned places are everywhere, you just have to look. Urbex is certainly something I'd recommend, google maps is a great source for places. It's a bit addictive when you start though!

Back