The Bothy At The Buachaille.

That's nice enough Dale, despite the weather buddy :)

Les

I was up there Wednesday last week - reflections were a bit better but the clouds weren't as good but really not good at all without the light. This has just a hint of light and I rather like it. During my trip there light to speak of. You'll never get the best reflection here as the water moves so all in all not a bad move to make on a slightly windier day. You got the composition totally nailed down for this too.

That's nice enough Dale, despite the weather buddy :)

Les

Thanks Les, it was worth the 39 hour day.

I was up there Wednesday last week - reflections were a bit better but the clouds weren't as good but really not good at all without the light. This has just a hint of light and I rather like it. During my trip there light to speak of. You'll never get the best reflection here as the water moves so all in all not a bad move to make on a slightly windier day. You got the composition totally nailed down for this too.

Thanks Steve. I was looking for the composition you're fond of but couldn't find it. Then I saw this and just had to take it. I gave up on a reflection here although it almost happened a few times but the rain came on then. It went quite still a few times but the rain always came on when it did go still. The midges were unbearable when it was still, I'd ran out of midgey spray in the morning, even my camera bag was crawling with them. This pool was actually quite slow flowing but as you say, not sure it will be slow enough for a reflection.

Thanks Les, it was worth the 39 hour day.

Thanks Steve. I was looking for the composition you're fond of but couldn't find it. Then I saw this and just had to take it. I gave up on a reflection here although it almost happened a few times but the rain came on then. It went quite still a few times but the rain always came on when it did go still. The midges were unbearable when it was still, I'd ran out of midgey spray in the morning, even my camera bag was crawling with them. This pool was actually quite slow flowing but as you say, not sure it will be slow enough for a reflection.

You have to walk up stream - same place to park but I wouldn't approach via the track but go down the moorland nearer the crash barrier for the bend and its right there. It's a great spot but frequently people camp there so it's a mid week - non bank holiday/summer holiday one for May to mid June

Awesome, thanks. I think I could see it from the car, I'd parked in that layby.

Next time. ;)

You can see it easily from the car - and the reflection more easily than the one you went to. Advice - pick an ultra still day - there are long grasses that enter the frame and you don't want the moving in the exposure.

Thanks for the advice, appreciate that. (y)

Very nice Dale I love the rain drops showing the water

Back