The BT tower, -TP Meet Saturday 7th March

feek

Herbert
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Vishal (tictoc) and myself had a wander around London on Saturday 7th March. We started at Charing X and meandered down to Fleet St, St Pauls, then along to Holborn Viaduct, British Museum and BT tower, then on to St Pancras. The weather was stunning and the company excellent, sorry Tim and Dave had to drop out. We are planning another meet during March/April, so hopefully a few more will turn up. Anyway, three shots I like of the BT Tower. Any comments taken onboard. All Fuji XT-1 with 10-24mm.

16565843629_2fb6fba3ff_c.jpg
DSCF1194.[/url] by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr[/IMG]DSCF1194. by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr
DSCF1189. by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

DSCF1202. by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

Last edited:
Cheers Dave, see you at the end of the month.

The third is lovely, needs an inch or soft the bottom imo.

Thanks Mark, I think I was at the widest at 10mm and I had my back against the wall literally !

Nice Rob, I like the last image very much

Les

Number three is a great shot, liking it a lot

Thanks Trevor. Where are all the shots of Italy then?

Well you'd better catch up on this meet then.

As an aside ;)

Many years ago, I went to the observation level with my dad and looked out over London. The lift was one of the fastest lifts in the world at that time, most likely mid 60's late 60's (y)

I too was taken up there by my Dad in the late 60's although I can't remember it, although that might be old age loss of memory!

Really like the first, classic shot of the BT Tower well executed.

Its hard to imagine that before this was built in the 60's st pauls dome and cross were the highest structures in London.

Thank you for the kind words Steve. I imagine it must have been a real "Marmite" building, when completed in the 60's.

Back