The Bullfight, Alicante.

The discussion is in hot topics, and it has been requested several times now to keep the discussion there.

These are just nice and tasteful photos, and number #3 is a cracker. If you don't like them, or the subject, just as I don't like yet another bird on a branch or man at a busstop and have nothing constructive to add why don't people just move on? Heck the title is even quite clear on what to expect, just don't click on it if people are so anti it. It would be a sad place when perfectly legal subject can't be show because some don't like it. Hot topics is exactly the place to discuss that and it is being discussed.

Sigh...
I don't have any personal objection to these images, but others clearly do, hence my question.

I don't have any personal objection to these images, but others clearly do, hence my question.
I know, and they could have a point if the thread title was misleading, but it is pretty clear what you are going to get, likewise in the nudes section, or the birds section etc. It is a very dangerous road to go down to just remove and hide perfectly legal activities that many people thoroughly enjoy. Or even if one doesn't enjoy it, can still appreciate the photography angle of it.

Hot topics isn't for sharing of photography, it's for a discussion of a hot topic.
This is the right forum for these images, and they're allowed.

Clearly some people aren't keen on them, but just like anything else they can steer clear of them completely.

Cobra...This is an ill thought-out response to Molly in two respects
Not at all but rather than ruin the photo critique thread any further I sharn't bother replying piece meal

Would you please take this issue up with your Admin colleagues and reconsider allowing images of the torture of animals to be posted ?
Thank you…
As you can see, one of the site owners has made a ruling.
TBH, the thread is clearly labelled, if anyone is offended by these or any other images, please don't click on the title.

And as before (everyone) this is a photo sharing forum, if you wish to protest the discussion is in hot topics, but you need to "opt in" by going to your user panel.

Ok.. I've found Hot Topics now and will change my settings to allow access but I can't access it for an hour after changing them ,so the message states.

Ricardo.. You don't need to reply ,it's been dealt with but just to let you know it was only the first photo showing the embedded lances that I found inappropriate. Not offensive..but inappropriate, I thought. I'll take a look in Hot Topics but I don't usually get involved in 'off topic' debates in forums as I've seen how rude and abrasive some exchanges can be but it will be interesting for me just to look at the bullfighting thread.

Foccusing only on critique from a photographic perspective I agree with steve (ST4) that #3 is the stand out of the set, although I'd say #4 is also very good in terms of capturing the atmosphere of the event , 1&2 are in my view weaker because in #1 having both key subjects facing away and in #2 a lack of context

Last edited:
Back