The Cantilever

Great Silhouette image Kevin in a great place to camp and walk.
Done it myself in the past.

An iconic shot with a difference!

What was the shutter speed Kevin? You've done well to stand so still ;)

Great shot Kevin, good idea and well excecuted.(y)

George.

Very nicely done Kevin, great silhouette! I'm guessing you are your own model on the Cantilever?

Thanka all for stopping by much appreciated, this was a 4s exposure so had to try hardest to keep still Nick, indeed David it is me :eek:, Not sure what you mean by your question Jerry "Is that actually on the tops?", I do like how the trail is appears to be a big stick pointing at me, not sure about cropping as that would take me off centre and unbalance it IMO

Last edited:
I would say the balance is nice

Thanka all for stopping by much appreciated, this was a 4s exposure so had to try hardest to keep still Nick, indeed David it is me :eek:, Not sure what you mean by your question Jerry "Is that actually on the tops?", I do like how the trail is appears to be a big stick pointing at me, not sure about cropping as that would take me off centre and unbalance it IMO

I wasn't sure where the cantilever actually was........ if on the tops you must have spent all night up there as well?

There's no doubt about where the centre of attention is in the image so in my opinion again the vapour trail is a distraction. But if it was your intention to include it in the composition to point at you, you've done really well.

Hi Jerry yes if you are sat on the summit of Glydar Fach you can throw a stone at the cantilever, a great place to be.

I set off just after midnight with head torch so plenty of time and only couple of hours for sunset, That then gives me time to soak up and enjoy the surroundings, I do like how the trail adds a little colour to the sky also
Regards
Kevin

Last edited:
Back