The Cinnabar Moth Caterpillar

Bev

Name
Bev
Edit My Images
No
This stripey little moth was one among many chomping away on the rape plant in the meadow, any time now the ugly bug is due to turn into the prince:wacky:
cinnabarmothhead.jpg

cinnabarcat1.jpg

Sorry about the dust specks!!!

That second is a corker (y)

I'd be tempted to select and blur it, to make it look like it's in the background, as it is quite distracting, taking my eye away from the centre feature.

Great composition and timing though!

Thats great!

I did a quick google for the adult form and your so right, what a prince!

Great takes Bev ... (y) ... I'm out with the gear this evening after finding a host of these on our dog walking route ... :D

Are they not slightly more orangey than you pic though ... :shrug:

:p

Good on you hope you get some super shots!
Some were more yellow than orange, but i have been told since, that the orange ones are nearer to turning into Moth form.

Good on you hope you get some super shots!
Some were more yellow than orange, but i have been told since, that the orange ones are nearer to turning into Moth form.

Mine mustve been on their way to turning... saw some a week or two ago.. I expect this chap is a nice black and red cinnabar moth by now! I love the shot where he is facing you Bev, looks like he is coming to eat you!!!

cinnabarmothcaterpillar.jpg

Great capture Janice(y), yours has this super shiny look to it, and yes i had another look for them this morning and they had disappeared:shrug:, now we can look out for the Moths!:clap:

Back